No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Our first unranked home fave of the year Tuesday

Virginia is -2.5 vs. No. 14 Michigan. Normally this is a money play in college hoops. It's early so it's hard to say here, but I like Tony Bennett's squad to handle their business in this spot. UVA will get physical with the Wolverines and frustrate them offensively in their first true road game of the season. I do think U-M has a solid squad and this is by no means a huge play, but the Cavs can make an early-season statement and on paper, this line says it all.

Also leaning Ohio State and possibly Clemson and GT in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, but this is the game that sticks out more than the others to me. Also considering ECU and LSU.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

I saw this also it opened up at Virginia -1 actually and it moved to -2.5 which is crazy. I was confused when I saw it move that way because I myself actually like Michigan but not sure I can do it now

joser24
    joser24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

79% is on Michigan early.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by joser24 View Post
    79% is on Michigan early.
    not suprisign at all. I honestly don't think their is a sharp play in this game either because people will think both sides are the sharp side in this one

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I will post this warning, though: I hate playing home faves of a possession or less in college hoops -- even of the unranked home fave variety. Still think UVA is the right side here. If they were -3.5, it'd probably be a big play for me (and I suppose it may get there, but I doubt it).

blackberry_juice
    blackberry_juice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

I took Mich +3. They were impressive in Maui, although I do not think they are a true top 15 team at this point. But they are a disciplined and well-rounded group that can hang with anyone and keep things close. The freshman Burke plays above his age and they have scorers that can get hot and change a game in seconds. A classic Big 10 squad that will play stingy D and never go down without a fight.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Under

dontazeme1
    dontazeme1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

John Beileins a great coach, and i think michigan comes out firing in this big ten challenge to represent the conference, gimme 2.5 i like michigan to win a hard fought game, novak/hardaway too much in the end and the 1-3-1 causes trouble for virgina gl

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

line opens at one but 80% of the money is on michigan but yet line moves to 2.5/3?
    Def sharp money on virginia. They dont move a like 1.5 points with the majority of the money on the dog unless a sharp hit it big.

I like your logic no coin and I like a small play on Virginia -2 if I can get the number before tip. Good luck with your wager bro.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

their is no sharp play on this game guys. Big deal some guy poured in huge on this game on Virginia. This game is getting thought about to hard stop worrying about what side is the sharp side. Play the side that you have capped as the better team

dontazeme1
    dontazeme1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by Koldazzice View Post
    line opens at one but 80% of the money is on michigan but yet line moves to 2.5/3?
    Def sharp money on virginia. They dont move a like 1.5 points with the majority of the money on the dog unless a sharp hit it big.

I like your logic no coin and I like a small play on Virginia -2 if I can get the number before tip. Good luck with your wager bro.
    LOL stop over analyzing it, who did virignia play? lost to tcu and a bunch of scrubs lmfao theyve never seen anyone with the scoring ability and team who can shoot llike duke. Michigan can get scoring from all 5 guys on the floor consistently, virginia is trash and it will show tonight MICHIGAN BABY GO BLUEEEEE and they have a very underrated defense

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

UVA is a solid team this year it will not be easy for Mich. What about ILL. -4 over MD.? Terps are very bad this year and really miss Jordon Williams in the middle.(this line may go to 5/5.5)

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13581

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Under
    Thought you were onto something until I checked the line. Did I read it right ... 113 OUCH

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow Coin,you really love to delve into games with high public interest....

Vaioice
    Update your status
    Vaioice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Under
    !H Under 53

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

totals very low virginia has played some real low scores. i expect a super slow pace any time tony bennetts involved. virginia looks improved this season they get a small lean for me in michigans first true road game. think michigan is a bit overrated at number 15 myself, the win vs memphis doesnt look as good as it did when it happened. also lean to ohio st.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

another team off Maui in their 1st true road gm getting to much love it seems to me...dont get me wrong i like this mich team but at times they still fall into bad habits and this would be a gm where i could see those being magnified with the ultra slow pace uva will dictate..

Ktown
    Ktown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1497

Quote Originally Posted by CappinTerp View Post
    UVA is a solid team this year it will not be easy for Mich. What about ILL. -4 over MD.? Terps are very bad this year and really miss Jordon Williams in the middle.(this line may go to 5/5.5)
    ILL now -5

PAULYPOKER

NEW MEXICO STATE -3

Tower
    Tower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4571

Uva baby!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

-3.5 at The Greek now. Big number to hit.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Wow Coin,you really love to delve into games with high public interest....
    It's not just that Pauly. Unranked home faves in college hoops are almost an auto play. Now that it's 3.5 at a sharp book, I'm going to play it for sure.

As for NMSU, as I said before, single-possession home plays are typically a stay-away for me -- especially of the unranked vs. unranked variety.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    another team off Maui in their 1st true road gm getting to much love it seems to me...dont get me wrong i like this mich team but at times they still fall into bad habits and this would be a gm where i could see those being magnified with the ultra slow pace uva will dictate..
    They'll miss Darius Morris the most on the road, too.

YaMotha
    YaMotha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4559

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Thought you were onto something until I checked the line. Did I read it right ... 113 OUCH

its rose to 115.5 but that still not enough

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    NEW MEXICO STATE -3

not great spot for nms off the trip to Alaska (believe they just got back the other day so no real practice time id imagine)..zona hasnt shown much to me thus far but nms wont out athlete them like they tend to do against a lot of teams they face...pass for me so GL pauly

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    not great spot for nms off the trip to Alaska (believe they just got back the other day so no real practice time id imagine)..zona hasnt shown much to me thus far but nms wont out athlete them like they tend to do against a lot of teams they face...pass for me so GL pauly
    Thx I'll now pass also...............

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

"The linesmakers are telling you all you need to know about this game, as Michigan comes into this game the ranked team, and yet they are getting points!

Virginia is on an 18-7 spread run dating back to last year, and they certainly have the scheduling advantage in this one, as they just played on Friday at home in a 26-point rout of Wisconsin Green Bay to improve their mark to 5-1.

Michigan has been off since the 23rd, but do note that they played games on the 21st, 22nd, and 23rd in Maui, and have had to fly back to Ann Arbor and get reaclimated to the eastern time zone, and now they must continue their travels to the east coast for a date with these pesky Cavs.

John Beilein's team is also at 5-1, and they are ranked in the Top-20. Tim Hardaway Jr. is a stud, as is Zack Novak, but you can assume that Virginia will be ready for this chance to improve their lot, and I firmly believe that the Wolverines will hit the proverbial wall tonight due to their recent play in Maui."

PAULYPOKER

Vagina it is, I always loved it anyways...........

Duke Fan
    Duke Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9801

Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    "The linesmakers are telling you all you need to know about this game, as Michigan comes into this game the ranked team, and yet they are getting points!

Virginia is on an 18-7 spread run dating back to last year, and they certainly have the scheduling advantage in this one, as they just played on Friday at home in a 26-point rout of Wisconsin Green Bay to improve their mark to 5-1.

Michigan has been off since the 23rd, but do note that they played games on the 21st, 22nd, and 23rd in Maui, and have had to fly back to Ann Arbor and get reaclimated to the eastern time zone, and now they must continue their travels to the east coast for a date with these pesky Cavs.

John Beilein's team is also at 5-1, and they are ranked in the Top-20. Tim Hardaway Jr. is a stud, as is Zack Novak, but you can assume that Virginia will be ready for this chance to improve their lot, and I firmly believe that the Wolverines will hit the proverbial wall tonight due to their recent play in Maui."
    About to make the same point. Tennessee struggled big time at Oakland last night off the same trip.