No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Is Boeheim the next to go?

Guy staunchly defends his friend and long-time assistant, which winds up being a pretty bad move in retrospect given what we know now. In the PC world we live in today, does Boeheim survive or will he get the axe soon as well?

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

it depends on how much he knew. i doubt this turns into a joe-pa situation where there is institutional cover-up.

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

I'm with ya no coin. If jopa needs to go doesn't boeheim? call me crazy but if one needs to go the other needds to as well

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    it depends on how much he knew. i doubt this turns into a joe-pa situation where there is institutional cover-up.
    Not comparable, but again, it's a PC world and he was very adamant and public about defending his guy last week. That's not going to sit well with a lot of higher-ups; Syracuse is going to be under a lot of pressure and scrutiny now, and I'm wondering if the media firestorm will claim another victim because of it.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Koldazzice View Post
    I'm with ya no coin. If jopa needs to go doesn't boeheim? call me crazy but if one needs to go the other needds to as well
    I'm not sure if he needs to go, but I think it's coming.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

he was rumored to retire at the end of the year anyway, another coincidence?

snoopaloop31
    snoopaloop31's Avatar Become A Pro!

There a good chance Jim Boeheim gets fired for his arrogant remarks.He is an arrogant prick in real life, watch him during a game. Compare him to other top coaches out there... he has a terrible personality. And Cuse has 15 yr assistant Mike Hopkins waiting to take over. Maybe they let him retire at the end of the year instead of fire him?

P.F.Kasooff
    P.F.Kasooff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Boeheim was probably taking pictures

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Cuse hoops will surely take a hit, if he leaves/fired/retire.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Who knows

He might retire

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

JB's problem is that he was sooo adamant in his defense of Fine calling the accusers liars and insinuating they were out for money. The taped phone call with Fine's wife changed everything. It appears JB backed the wrong horse. And although it shouldn't cost JB his job, in this PC world, it very well may...

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Would be awful precedent to fire Boeheim.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

He made a mistake making such bold statements, but I really don't think he knew anything that happened. Hearing those allegations against one of your best friends for 40 years, most of us would react the same way. He may have to go though.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    Would be awful precedent to fire Boeheim.
    Why?

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

Why?
    Because you're firing him for not turning on an assistant coach, when the evidence at the time suggested that guy did nothing wrong.

You're opening schools up to lawsuits. If Fine turns out to be innocent, he's going to sue Syracuse to the stone age.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Because you're firing him for not turning on an assistant coach, when the evidence at the time suggested that guy did nothing wrong.

You're opening schools up to lawsuits. If Fine turns out to be innocent, he's going to sue Syracuse to the stone age.
    Have you heard the tapes with his wife? That's why Fine was fired in the first place.

Boeheim would be fine if he had just kept his trap shut last week. I obviously expected Boeheim to stick up for him, but he went to anyone who would listen and basically called the whole story ludicrous. Wonder how he feels about that now?

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Have you heard the tapes with his wife? That's why Fine was fired in the first place.

Boeheim would be fine if he had just kept his trap shut last week. I obviously expected Boeheim to stick up for him, but he went to anyone who would listen and basically called the whole story ludicrous. Wonder how he feels about that now?
    He feels differently, because there is new evidence.

But you'll be firing Boeheim for forming an opinion based on evidence he had available.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

He feels differently, because there is new evidence.

But you'll be firing Boeheim for forming an opinion based on evidence he had available.
    His hastiness may cost him his job.

Would've been better off gathering all of the facts and information before staunchly and unconditionally backing this scumbag. He vouched for the wrong guy. I honestly think if he'd have just given some brief written statement supporting Fine and nothing more, he'd be in much better shape right now in the court of public opinion.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

How come no one is harping on ESPN for having these tapes for six years and not giving them to anyone? They say they did not go public with it originally because they could not find anyone to backup Davis' story, so now suddenly with someone RELATED to him backing his story and a third guy who is facing child molestation charges of his own and they say it's worth releasing ..

Don't like the journalism angle here and there's still some fishy stuff about the accusers here. Davis owed Fine money from what I have read in regards to student loans and this third guy - sad to guess this - but he could be using this as help for his own case. This is a mess, period. Boeheim did the right thing by coming out with a statement now that says he is shocked, etc. We'll see what comes out in the end of all of this.

Even if Boeheim goes for whatever reason, Mike Hopkins has been the coach in waiting for years. 'Cuse hoops would not take the hit that Penn State football is taking.

Pucks
    Pucks's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am not sticking up for JOPA but for this idiot to say I am no Joe Paterno. Taking shots at someone else when you don't look in your own backyard 1st. You look like a clown. Lost a lot of respect Boeheim.

Just makes you wonder how many more sick bastards are doing this and still not reported in the school systems.

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Who knows

He might retire
    you should retire the horse-face avatar.

she looks like she just got done eating hay.

that tree next to her is probably paranoid.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

His hastiness may cost him his job.

Would've been better off gathering all of the facts and information before staunchly and unconditionally backing this scumbag. He vouched for the wrong guy. I honestly think if he'd have just given some brief written statement supporting Fine and nothing more, he'd be in much better shape right now in the court of public opinion.
    There was a full investigation done by the University. Its not like he just came out and replied to un-investigated allegations.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

There was a full investigation done by the University. Its not like he just came out and replied to un-investigated allegations.
    Yeah and he was never aware of the recording of Laurie Fine. The university and Syracuse police, weren't either. The only one who knew about the recording were Bobby Davis and ESPN. Hard for JB to think that Fine is guilty when he doesn't have that information and Fine was cleared of any wrong doing after multiple investigations. The whole thing is a circus and needs time to be cleared up, plenty of people to blame but Boeheim isn't one of them.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I just think it's the way he responded that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

I just think it's the way he responded that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.
    Fine was accused of this years ago and there was no evidence to back it up.
    JB was simply defending him because it was the same guy prosecuting him and figured it was BS all over again.
    No one had the tape until recently.