No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Is Oakland going to bury the board today?

Tennessee isn't anything special. Everyone seems to be in love with them. Why? I can't find one legitimate angle in taking the Vols in a true road game with RLM working against them.

chiliv5
    chiliv5's Avatar Become A Pro!

me either..... everyone and my mother is on them. sinking ship

Stack B's
    Stack B's's Avatar Become A Pro!

If they do - im going with them.....

feeling tenn and xavier big time today....after a good football weekend...

Thought Tenn was impressive against Duke and Memphis even though both resulted in losses...I think people are feeling this is dangerous simply off the good Oakland team from last year that lost their best player....

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i'm no expert but i thought they looked pretty good against duke. trey golden is impressive and relentless, shooting 46%, 42% from 3, and an 82% free throw. line movement scared me out of a big play though

BrigadierPudding
    Update your status
    BrigadierPudding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

Betting short road favs in college baskets is a good way to go broke in a hurry.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is Oakland going to bury the board today?

HR Paperstacks
    HR Paperstacks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tenn was pretty impressive in Maui even tho they went 1-2. The new coach has them playing very hard and they have a good strong post player who looks good and Golden isnt bad either. Dont know anything about Oakland this year tho, just know them from last season.

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Tennessee isn't anything special. Everyone seems to be in love with them. Why? I can't find one legitimate angle in taking the Vols in a true road game with RLM working against them.
    I would not be surprised.
    The time difference alone could make for a sluggish Tenn team

gba
    gba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1043

I hope Tenn rolls so I can come back on here and laugh at this stupid thread....and what makes you even think Oakland is so good??????

DerekMadden

Quote Originally Posted by gba View Post
    I hope Tenn rolls so I can come back on here and laugh at this stupid thread....and what makes you even think Oakland is so good??????
    it's about more than just talent.

this is a stay-away game for me.

BrigadierPudding
    Update your status
    BrigadierPudding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

FWIW, Pomeroy has Oakland winning this game 79-78.

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

If the total is in the high 130s, I'll play the over. Take Oakland with the points or Tenn ML

justwinthisone
    justwinthisone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4980

tenn did look good in that memphis game. i didnt think they would be able to keep up but they kept fighting....i have not seen oakland this year

castle53
    castle53's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMadden View Post

I would not be surprised.
    The time difference alone could make for a sluggish Tenn team
    These schools are both in the same timezone...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Who said Oakland is good? You're backing an unproven/untested Tennessee team in their first true road game as a short fave in their first game back from Maui. I don't see the angle at all; want to know why everyone seems to be in love with the play.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by castle53 View Post
    These schools are both in the same timezone...
    He was thinking Oakland, CA, not Oakland Mich. Lol

Do not worry.I did the same thing last year.

DerekMadden

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post

lawl exactly

my apologies to everybody, I know a lot more than that post sounded like.

gba

Who said Oakland is good? You're backing an unproven/untested Tennessee team in their first true road game as a short fave in their first game back from Maui. I don't see the angle at all; want to know why everyone seems to be in love with the play.
    If tenn plays like they did against duke or memphis even tho they lost then they will win tonight and by more then 3...I might be wrong but thats just me.

castle53
    castle53's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post

haha, yea I figured...to be honest, I did that a couple years ago too when they played UNC in the tourney.

alansmith23
    alansmith23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

It's oak very poor performances against sec teams. There is an injury to tenn best rebounder and court leader also the game is in a 4k person gym so home court is real tonight. Also oak 3 ball has been real bad but that could change and vice versa for teen. Starting to look like too many variables and a no play but if tenn was healthy they would win easily with tough d and an inside advantage.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

If tenn plays like they did against duke or memphis even tho they lost then they will win tonight and by more then 3...I might be wrong but thats just me.
    Why would Tennessee be "up" for Oakland like they were vs. Duke and Memphis?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I know Benson is gone, but I wonder how many of you were on Tennessee at -10 or whatever last year when Oakland went to Knoxville and won SU.

Tmuscle
    Tmuscle's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys don't learn do you? That's what everybody was saying when unc playing unlv. Guess what, Vegas took all your money. Fade the public you'll be making more money.

Tmuscle
    Tmuscle's Avatar Become A Pro!

You only fade the public when most of time they think it's a sure bet.

gba

well may the best man win

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

Have u watched Oak this year NoCo? They are not the same team and from what ive seen Tenn has gotten up for every opponent... I dont get how ppl couldnt get up to play a competitive sport theyve played their whole life if u cant get UP for every game ur prob not playing D1. Im on Tenn bc I think they r better ive been impressed and Oakland has not impressed I watched their Utah Valley game where they won by 6 at home... I was on Uconn on Sat. ignored all movement so hopefully it works out again bol everyone

YOUNGBUCK

Quote Originally Posted by Tmuscle View Post
    You guys don't learn do you? That's what everybody was saying when unc playing unlv. Guess what, Vegas took all your money. Fade the public you'll be making more money.
    What was % on Uconn over 90? Or Unc opener vs Mich St..... If I just picked the public side in Football everyone weekend id b killing this sounds like the guy who kept saying im fading Stanford until they dont cover no.way books keep letting us do this

StackinCoin
    StackinCoin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2603

I think you answered your own question with the next post a minute later...

I know Benson is gone, but I wonder how many of you were on Tennessee at -10 or whatever last year when Oakland went to Knoxville and won SU.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

IM going down with the ship, go vols!

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by YOUNGBUCK View Post
    I dont get how ppl couldnt get up to play a competitive sport theyve played their whole life if u cant get UP for every game ur prob not playing D1. again bol everyone
    It happens all of the time in sports. Why do you think teams usually struggle coming off of big wins??? It's hard to play with the same intensity every night.

That being said, there is no reason for Tenn. to not be ready for this game. Tenn has been better than expected and Oakland hasn't been very impressive.

I would still take the points here though.

Seems like a coinflip.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 11-28-11 at 04:26 PM.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Only reason I could see is Oakland beat them last year 89-82 in Tenn when Tenn was ranked #7. Granted both teams have had some major changes with personnel so its not apples to apples, but I am sure Tenn. Coaching staff reminded all those players of that game. Oakland is going to play at a fast pace in this game and I think Tenn. will run as well. Over seems easy in this game if Oakland is competitive and keeps it close.

YOUNGBUCK

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    It happens all of the time in sports. Why do you think teams usually struggle coming off of big wins??? It's hard to play with the same intensity every night.

That being said, there is no reason for Tenn. to not be ready for this game. Tenn has been better than expected and Oakland hasn't been very impressive.

I would still take the points here though.

Seems like a coinflip but gun to
    I know wat u mean I still play competitive ball and would kill to not lose so it just blows my mind

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by YOUNGBUCK View Post
    Have u watched Oak this year NoCo? They are not the same team and from what ive seen Tenn has gotten up for every opponent... I dont get how ppl couldnt get up to play a competitive sport theyve played their whole life if u cant get UP for every game ur prob not playing D1. Im on Tenn bc I think they r better ive been impressed and Oakland has not impressed I watched their Utah Valley game where they won by 6 at home... I was on Uconn on Sat. ignored all movement so hopefully it works out again bol everyone
    I don't either, but it happens all the time.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

long term oak is certainly the wining side of this bet..that really all ppl need to know, sure they might get a win with ten-a-key tonight but betting short road favs everyone thinks are "easy money" is a real bad habit to get into..throw in ten coming off the tourney in Hawaii and it their first true road gm of the season i dont see any good reason to bet them..

normally id be on oak but without the big man and revenge factor from last season not sure i wanna play it(of coarse all that just makes ten-3 all that more inciting to some folks which would worry me if i was a ten backer tonight)...either way it has to be oak or pass imho..

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

I like oakland +3, on it.

123 Last