shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Check your PM dex he has more than one that he uses

Ludovike
    Ludovike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Already took

New Jersey -4
    The Nets haven't lost a home game against Milwaukee for more than 4 years now, these are five wins with an average margin of 12.4 points. Bucks are 1-10 for last 11 meetings. Last meeting last month they have won at home - with 2 points and Redd. Two victories in a row (@Toronto, Atlanta) prove they can somehow do without him, but I'm not expecting the Bucks to get it done today.

solobass
    las vegas.
    solobass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Quote Originally Posted by shoebox View Post
    Im leaning sixers here. Carefull with this one sixers will be able to get to thepaint at will with KG out. The sixers are a very undervalued team. KG makes a huge difference in the game, his im gonna say it "synergy" is the straw that stirs the drink". He makes that much of a difference, the sixers will be able to get to the hole at will. Big baby will be crying even more after this one
    Sixers are going to be fired up after their 4th quarter in their last game, so that counts for .5 revenge points. Celts have won 11 in a row SU and are going to lose sometime and tonight on the road against an improving Sixers team might be the spot.

shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed solo, im gonna wait for public donations and then make the play. KG is that much of a difference.

solobass
    las vegas.

the thing that is scaring me away from nuggets/spurs is that the spurs seem to keep it close. they do blow chunks in b2b though, i am grabbing the proverbial popcorn on this one.

esz04
    esz04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Solo, you playing Georgetown 1st Half today? Fits into your model, I believe.

NYCKEV
    NYCKEV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry fellas I cannot back a team that only scored 8 points against the Nets in a 4th qt meltdown and lose the game after being up 8 at the half. Gotta stick wit the champs and if they burn me so be it. Besides, Bean town has already taken it to Philla twice this yr and both games were won comfortably. Bos -1.5 for me

solobass
    las vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by esz04 View Post
    Solo, you playing Georgetown 1st Half today? Fits into your model, I believe.
    i have made some changes, and no they are no longer a fit. the model is less inclusive now and the line movement is going against me here too. i will be posting my picks here in about 20 mins.

khaliagent
    khaliagent's Avatar Become A Pro!

florida looks a little tough to bet on...after how they lost to them on the road

cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

George Mason is in the peculiar position of being on the outside looking in and they will have to pick things up in order to get to the top of the Colonial Athletic Conference. Presently they are 1 game out of the top spot in their conference and ranked 41st overall in the nation receiving 2 votes for inclusion in the top 25. They have had tough times lately going 2-3 straight up in their last 5 games overall, with a heartbreaking 2 point loss to Old Dominion in their last game. Into town comes Hofstra, fresh off a 4 point home loss to Virginia Commonwealth. The Pride have no fears about playing at the Patriot Center as they have won straight up the last two times that they have visited there. But the Pride ave had their problems on the road this year, and have ugly statistics to back that up, with an awful 34.1 (247th in nation) road rebounds allowed and an even worse 72.8 (217th in nation)points surrendered per road game.

For their part, The Patriots have held it down well at home this year with a sterling 6-2 ats home record. With the 15th ranked home defense in the nation allowing a meager 56.1 points per home contest, it is easy to see blowout when you caompare hat number to what Hofstra gives up on the road. I come up with a 16 point Patriot win in this game with my rescoring model. Look for Louis Birdsong to have a banner day as he is lights out from the 3 point line shooting a sizzling 42%.. The Patriots will have to put the clamps on Charles Jenkins as without his scoring, the Pride are not the same team.

George Mason -11.5

UndersSuck
    UndersSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by oBaMa_MaNiA View Post
    Allen expected to miss with an illness as well. And the Celts are playing the Lakeshow tomorrow.

All trends point to Boston against Philly. And yet, the line drops to -1.5... linemaker tricks?
    That is TONY Allen and not Ray that is out tonight. BIG difference!

solobass
    las vegas.

NBA

Cavs -10 i have this one capped at 14 pt win
    Spurs/Nuggets Under 199

NCAA
    Marquette -6 1st H and -11.5 parlayed
    San Diego St. +5
    North Carolina/Maryland Over 157

shazaam shazaam! (insert gong sound here)

solobass
    las vegas.

ok i am out for awhile, talk to you all later for some scoreboard watching and to hear the sweet sound of tickets cashing plus glasses clinking. let's kill the books and the various assorted consortium of haters tonight!

peetlui
    peetlui's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bookmaker has Boston now at -3. ML at-145
    Last edited by peetlui; 02-03-09 at 11:51 AM.

repski
    repski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10553

Virgin

new to the site....I've been a lurker for awhile...
    kudos to CK & Hockeytown on their sucess very impressive..

solobass
    las vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by peetlui View Post
    Bookmaker has Boston now at -3. ML at-145 might be a good option for Boston backers.
    celts have 84% of ATS money and 98% of ML money on them right now......

PittChicGambles
    PittChicGambles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im staying away from that game...

NYCKEV
    NYCKEV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bos -2.5, San An +6 and Nets -4.5 are my picks for the day. Gl to all

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense48 View Post
    DEX, that's some funny sh it. yor're always good for a laugh my friend. i'm on cle-10' bos-2 hou-7' den'4' that i played last nite before g.s./port. game ended. we shall see. good luck everyone
    did you get locked in last night at 4.5 on den? lucky. i called my guy the minute they opened today to get down (-6).

*i'll be back on the green machine thur when they host the lakers. love the angles working in favor of boston that night:

-revenge from a loss at staples
    -btb for the lakers traveling from toronto to boston

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by solobass View Post
    Sixers are going to be fired up after their 4th quarter in their last game, so that counts for .5 revenge points. Celts have won 11 in a row SU and are going to lose sometime and tonight on the road against an improving Sixers team might be the spot.
    haha - this one didnt quite make my revenge board like the blazers *double revenge* the other night.

nice job last night solobass - keep working on that BPI, and keep me posted.

pinnacle212
    pinnacle212's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got -4 on the Nuggets last night after they pulled out a comeback to help me win. Whats the deal with the Florida vs SC game. The game looks real funky right now.
    The line has changed from +8.5 to -7.5 60% SC and 40% Florida Moneyline 94% Florida 6% SC

I took SC at +8.5 CK did you lock in the that Florida pick

ANDYW15
    ANDYW15's Avatar Become A Pro!

Play of the day

Cavs -10.5 (big) - I thought Toronto might have finally turned things around with Calderon's return but the couple of results they did pull out didn't tell the true story. In short Toronto are a shambles, Bosh has gone awol the last couple of games and with rumours he wants out, this must be unsettling for the rest of the team who are sure to be low on confidence, Cavs are not what they need right now. I don't need to mention why I'm taking the Cavs, there home record speaks for itself and they have won 6 of their last 7. They have won 22 straight games by an average of 16 PPG in their own building. Cleveland is 8-0 ATS this season against Atlantic division opponents , winning SU by an average of 16.5 PPG.

Akron-10
    NC -12.5 CK secret play (it is now -13 after we have all pounded it lol)

Pucks

Kings +140 ML - Kings are rolling and the Sens are a mess having just sacked another coach.
    Caps +110 ML - The NJ Devils are in a rich vein of form so it is hard to go against them. They have got lucky though the last couple of games, and I look for the Caps to take this in a close one, especially with OV firing on all cylinders.
    Pitt/Mon ov 6 - Fleury in goal for Pitt, and the Canadiens leaking aswell as scoring goals , I think this will be over by the 2nd period
    Hawks -140 -Drouin-deslauriers likely to be in goal for Edm who has a 3.48 GAA.

khaliagent

i think toronto keeps this one close

ANDYW15

Quote Originally Posted by khaliagent View Post
    i think toronto keeps this one close
    how?

Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

boston -2.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugs View Post
    Anyone else like the celts tonight -2 I thought that spread is a gift vs the 76ers. ESP since celts blowout all their opponents. any feedback and ck sry for ur loss, losing a pet is never easy
    I do like the Celtics because, although the 76ers have been hot of late, they are actually not a great home team; just 13-10 on the year (opposed to 10-13 on the road... normally you see a bigger disparity). The Celtics are without Garnett tonight (illness) so I will probably stay away from this game even though the line is pretty juicy

A few more stats for you:
    philly is 0-4-1 ATS in last 5 at home v Boston
    philly is 1-4-1 ATS in last 6 overall
    Boston is 8-1 ATS in last 9 overall

these ATS records clearly point to Boston being the pick, yet Garnett being out still scares me, as Philly is healthy.

ALSO... The total has gone under in Bostons last 5 games on the road and under in 5 of Philly's last 6 overall. Like under 189?

khaliagent

Quote Originally Posted by ANDYW15 View Post
    how?

by popping the three

Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

I also like the Cavs -10.5. ATS Cavs have been hot. The Raptors, however, have a better road winning percentage than at home. Nevertheless, I like the Cavs in this spot. With Z back healthy and wallace and andy they should be able to defend against Bosh in the paint. I think it's a good matchup for the Cavs and they are superb at home

khaliagent

all toronto has to do is keep the turnovers down from the last time they played and they beat the spread

khaliagent

Quote Originally Posted by Furt View Post
    I also like the Cavs -10.5. ATS Cavs have been hot. The Raptors, however, have a better road winning percentage than at home. Nevertheless, I like the Cavs in this spot. With Z back healthy and wallace and andy they should be able to defend against Bosh in the paint. I think it's a good matchup for the Cavs and they are superb at home
    its not in the paint that you need to worry for ...he is an amazing jump shooter and they will not be able to gaurd him out there...if they keep turnovers at min and rebound with the cavs...they can win this game

ANDYW15

I like the fact that Boston have already played a game without KG in the line-up. There are plenty of players on the team who on the day can step-up and take the load, e.g. Pierce in the last game. To me -3 seems like ma great play the more I look at it. The 76's have been playing well but are gettng a little too much respect in this game I think. I look for Boston to lock this down in the 4th quarter.

khaliagent

all the raptors need is to get hot and they hang in there with any team...the pressure is off them being on the road because at home their is alot of controversey over bosh supposedly wanting out

ANDYW15

its not in the paint that you need to worry for ...he is an amazing jump shooter and they will not be able to gaurd him out there...if they keep turnovers at min and rebound with the cavs...they can win this game
    Win the game? I definitely don't see that happening. Cavs losing their perefect home record to this Raps team, no way.

Dexter
    Update your status

by popping the three
    hitting 3's is pure speculation - cant really predict if guys/teams are going to hit deep jumpers on any given night. tell me about a certain matchup you think the raptors can take advantage of (or have the advantage), then i'd be all ears to a raptor play. but based on "popping the 3", is sort of just a 50/50 guess imo.

khaliagent

this is the perfect spot for the raps to do it ....they need to show people like stephen a smith that they are in unity and they will compete tomight...might not win but they will compete...

ANDYW15

if you are putting 100 units on it, I sure hope they hit 100% from downtown

First 123456 ... Last