TheLemonDropKid
    TheLemonDropKid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by solobass View Post
    also it was great gettin my buzz on and gettin down on the funky fender bass. definitely helped me get my mind right. here are my plays for the night

davidson -10.5 1st H (i know what a big surprise)
    niagara +1.5 full game
    kings/suns under 224.5
    butler/wisc. green bay over 128.5

best of luck and cash those tickets!

Hey Solo.......do any of these plays fall under your system plays? I know the Davidson is a "secret play" from CK....but what about the others you list here?

solobass
    las vegas.
    solobass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Chihuahua View Post
    Solo,
    HMMMMMM .... I have Iona capped to -5. Not happy to see you the other way! Might have to run this again.

hey someone has to win, right? either way best of luck, all we are doing is making each other sharper.

hockeytown11
    hockeytown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

adding a hockey play for tonight

Detroit -1.5,its not posted at my book but you can probably get it around -130

plays for tonight

Detroit -1.5
    Anaheim -135(its up to 150 now)
    Calgary over 5.5

solobass
    las vegas.

hey someone has to win, right? either way best of luck, all we are doing is making each other sharper.

looks like you may be right as some sharp money is coming in and moving iona to -2.5.

khaliagent
    khaliagent's Avatar Become A Pro!

02/02/09
    12:21 PMLineup Alert NHL Detroit - LW Henrik Zetterberg (Back) expected to miss Monday vs. St. Louis

hockeytown11

I already knew Zetterberg is out,wont matter,Wings will win BIG tonight

ANDYW15
    ANDYW15's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hockeytown11 View Post

plays for tonight

Detroit -1.5
    Calgary over 5.5
    if you don't mind me asking buddy what's the thinking behind the Wings PL pick. Blues seem to be playing not too bad recently whereas Detroit have been very sloppy. I look for them to turn that around tonight at home though. Cal could score 5 of there own tonight.

khaliagent

The Lakers have won six of their last seven and owns the West's best record at 37-9. However, they are just 23-23 ATS, including 10-9 on the road where they are 14-9 SU. This game marks the third game of a six-game road trip which concludes with a TNT showdown game in Boston on Thursday night and an ABC game at Cleveland on Sunday afternoon. LA's biggest concern right now though, is the status of Andrew Bynum's knee. The 21-year-old seven-footer is averaging 14.0 PPG and 8.2 RPG on the season and was averaging 26.2 points and 13.8 rebounds in his previous five games, before hurting his knee this past Saturday. Kobe Bryant crashed into his teammate's right leg in the first quarter of LA's 115-98 win at Memphis and Bynum never returned. X-rays were negative but results of the MRI won't be available until some time on Monday. Everyone should remember that Bynum missed the final 46 games of last season after bruising a bone in his knee and dislocating his kneecap. The Lakers did make it to the NBA Finals last season but Bynum's absence against the Celtics was a HUGE disadvantage for the Lakers. Meanwhile, the Knicks have won SIX of their last seven games (7-0 ATS) and will be looking for their SIXTH straight home win. The Knicks gave the Lakers "all they wanted" back on Dec 16 in LA, falling only 116-114. Al Jefferson (20.5-6.3 in 33 games with New York) is playing well and many feel as David Lee (15.9-11.7) was snubbed by being left off the All Star team. Guards Nate Robinson (15.4-4.0-3.6) and Chris Duhon (12.7-8.0 APG) both 'love' D'Antoni's system plus Chandler (13.9-5.2) and Richardson (11.6) are making solid contributions. If the news on Bynum is not good, LA could be very distracted tonight. Either way, I'm taking the points

w9ii9
    w9ii9's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll keep an eye on Notre Dame.. Sat @ UCLA seems interesting. I'll also see into your Davidson play. Good luck man.

cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone who beats the Steelers next year will lose ats in their next game

khaliagent

LA Clippers are getting a little healthier but leading scorer Zach Randolph (22 ppg) and Chris Kaman (13.9 ppg) are still out. LA Clippers are 56-88 ATS last 3 years as an underdog. LA Clippers are 39-65 ATS last 3 years when playing a team with a winning record. Clippers are 17-35 ATS in their last 52 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game. Clippers are 21-46-1 ATS in their last 68 games as an underdog of 5.0-10.5. Clippers are 5-11 ATS in their last 16 games as a road underdog of 5.0-10.5. Clippers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record. Clippers are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 vs. NBA Southeast. Clippers are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600. Clippers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game. Clippers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 vs. Eastern Conference. Clippers are 5-23 ATS in their last 28 Monday games. Clippers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games following a S.U. loss. Clippers are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games as a road underdog. Clippers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games following a SU loss of more than 10 points. Clippers are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games as an underdog. Clippers are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 road games. Clippers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games following a ATS loss. Clippers are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games overall. Heat are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games following a double-digit loss at home. Heat are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a losing S.U. record. Heat are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games playing on 1 days rest. Heat are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a S.U. loss. Heat are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning % below .400. Heat are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game. Heat are 6-2-1 ATS in their last 9 vs. NBA Pacific. Heat are 13-5-1 ATS in their last 19 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400. Heat are 5-2-1 ATS in their last 8 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game. Heat are 11-5-1 ATS in their last 17 home games vs. a team with a losing road record. I recommend a small play on Miami tonight! Thanks and good luck

ANDYW15

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    Anyone who beats the Steelers next year will lose ats in their next game
    i'm still having flashbacks of roethlisberger running back and forth, left and right, up and f*ucking down, side to side. That man is one lucky son of a bitch. Damn the Steelers.

hockeytown11

Andy,
    Wings have been sloppy,and I have told everyone to stay away from them or even go agaisnt them like the awashington game,its STILL the Wings and its still the Blues its at JLA and if 5 losses in a row cant refocus the Wings then what will? I hate laying 1.5 in pucks I almost NEVER do it,but I refuse to lay -280 either so I am laying the 1.5,it could get really ugly for the Blues as the Wings might take out 2 weeks of frustration out on them tonight.

khaliagent

davidson -19.5 for 100 units
    wisc gb +1.5 for 10 units
    wisc gb ML for 10 units

good luck to all

nonsense48
    nonsense48's Avatar Become A Pro!

added for a nickle iona-1' GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
    Last edited by nonsense48; 02-02-09 at 12:22 PM.

Killer Chihuahua
    Killer Chihuahua's Avatar Become A Pro!

looks like you may be right as some sharp money is coming in and moving iona to -2.5.
    Yea i see that...I was able to get Iona at-1. saw some value their. Im generally on the wrong side of the line movement when I get lines early. Nice to see it come my way. Goodluck on your days wagering

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Quote Originally Posted by ANDYW15 View Post
    i'm still having flashbacks of roethlisberger running back and forth, left and right, up and f*ucking down, side to side. That man is one lucky son of a bitch. Damn the Steelers.
    Tell me about it. He's not even THAT fast too! Ah, whatever. Just have to take that loss but it prevented from having what was already a good day to a GREAT DAY!

khaliagent

plays for tonight

Detroit -1.5
    Calgary over 5.5

i think i will parlay that card...which do you see being the toughest to cash and i f i was to play two diff parlays which game do you fade out

cocknocker

I actually like the Warriors in the game between them and the Spurs. As i said on my NBA Dogs piece in the NBA thread, that Golden State was my number 1 pick for teams that can cover as a dog. And with 98% of public on the Spurs, the line has only inched up to 4.5. You just can't give a team with the talent that the Warriors possess points at home. They have too many players on their squad that can create their own shot off the dribble at any given moment. San Antonio is 1-4 ats in games played in Oakland for a reason. The Warriors are also 4-1 ats in their last 5 games at home overall, with a mind boggling last second loss to the Thunder their only loss. The Spurs have won 3 games straight also, and the Warriors have alternated wins and losses their last 5 games. It's like the carburetor is being tuned and is sputtering while they get used to having Montae in the lineup. I think that they will get the job done tonight. They are so much more quicker than the Spurs overall.

cocknocker

BTW, I am not playing anything in the NBA other than my Lakers 1st half-3, that was just my opinion on that particular game.

ANDYW15

Andy,
    Wings have been sloppy,and I have told everyone to stay away from them or even go agaisnt them like the awashington game,its STILL the Wings and its still the Blues its at JLA and if 5 losses in a row cant refocus the Wings then what will? I hate laying 1.5 in pucks I almost NEVER do it,but I refuse to lay -280 either so I am laying the 1.5,it could get really ugly for the Blues as the Wings might take out 2 weeks of frustration out on them tonight.
    I think they come out strong tonight also, they just need to find the final pass to get back on track and scoring. GL tonight

nonsense48

key player out for niagra tonite. G-nelson...suspended

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

They are so much more quicker than the Spurs overall.
    I will touch on that and say the Spurs do struggle against more athletic teams and the Warriors definitely fit that bill.

ANDYW15

The Suns are now -15, so they are being pounded to me this seems too many points for this suns team to give up even if it is the Queens.

twitch66
    twitch66's Avatar Become A Pro!

here are my plays for the day (probalby too many)...

ncaa -
    Davidson-19
    Louisville -2
    Butler -1
    Niagara +2.5
    Kansas pk
    Davidson -19

NBA -
    suns -15
    jazz -8
    hockey -
    Calgary -145
    Anaheim -155

I'm feeling crazy today so i did a 5 team round robin (3 way - 20 wagers)
    jazz
    suns
    butler
    louisville
    calgary
    anaheim

solobass
    las vegas.

BTW, I am not playing anything in the NBA other than my Lakers 1st half-3, that was just my opinion on that particular game.

alright, q and a time. so for me and my handicapping, i cap the games then go and shop for odds. the bets for me get larger as the difference between the spread and my expected result increases. do you do the same thing, and what are your key numbers? if you cap something with a difference of 1, do you bet? .5?

also, i agree on your theories about units won, winning percentage, etc because they paint an incomplete picture as to a gamblers true success.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually like the Warriors in the game between them and the Spurs. As i said on my NBA Dogs piece in the NBA thread, that Golden State was my number 1 pick for teams that can cover as a dog. And with 98% of public on the Spurs, the line has only inched up to 4.5. You just can't give a team with the talent that the Warriors possess points at home. They have too many players on their squad that can create their own shot off the dribble at any given moment. San Antonio is 1-4 ats in games played in Oakland for a reason. The Warriors are also 4-1 ats in their last 5 games at home overall, with a mind boggling last second loss to the Thunder their only loss. The Spurs have won 3 games straight also, and the Warriors have alternated wins and losses their last 5 games. It's like the carburetor is being tuned and is sputtering while they get used to having Montae in the lineup. I think that they will get the job done tonight. They are so much more quicker than the Spurs overall.
    agreed

nonsense48

GOOD LUCK DEX but i'm rollin' with S.A.-4'

ANDYW15

oh no... D Wills is out tonight for the Jazz with a quad contusion I am already locked in at -8.

nonsense48

DEX, i usually like rollin' with games a few of us key people agree on but i'm taking a fly on this one by myself it looks like

nonsense48

the injury report is what swayed me to S.A.

TheLemonDropKid
    TheLemonDropKid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi guys....I'm a newbie here although I've been watching your posts for a little while now.

I have a question.....I've paid for picks before (which was a complete waste of money) and it always seemed like the "breakdown" they gave was based on how well a team has been ATS. I was wondering.....isn't it the linesmakers goal to make every team as close to .500 ATS as possible? So if a team is 9-1 ATS, would you bet against them knowing that the linesmakers are going to try and inflate the line to get them going closer to .500 ATS? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question....

lambogb
    lambogb's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ANDYW15 View Post
    oh no... D Wills is out tonight for the Jazz with a quad contusion I am already locked in at -8.
    was just about to ask about this
    i teased it to -4.. doe anybody think we have a shot? at -4 or -8..

cocknocker

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemonDropKid View Post
    Hey CK.....you mentioned that you would be leaving this college thread as soon as tourney time rolls around and start focusing on NBA action. Will your threads in the NBA forum be as easy to find as these college ones??

And Hockeytown.....will you be going there as well?

I'm gonna follow you guys like a lost puppy!

I have to thank both of you for getting me out of a major jam.....

It's cool my good man, I am never hard to find. I will as usual use my normal thread name when i return to the NBA. I am sure that SamsNCharge could use the relief what with manning up and taking on the task o the 32-person Tournament, which is in full swing now. I can't wait to see what's going on inthe NBA now. But I will have a fresh perspective as I haven't even been looking at the NBA too much. I more than likely will have the participants information on my head as i make my picks with 16 threads to work.

nonsense48

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemonDropKid View Post
    Hi guys....I'm a newbie here although I've been watching your posts for a little while now.

I have a question.....I've paid for picks before (which was a complete waste of money) and it always seemed like the "breakdown" they gave was based on how well a team has been ATS. I was wondering.....isn't it the linesmakers goal to make every team as close to .500 ATS as possible? So if a team is 9-1 ATS, would you bet against them knowing that the linesmakers are going to try and inflate the line to get them going closer to .500 ATS? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question....
    the point spread is made by the linemaker to make the game as even as possible in their mind so as to get even action on both sides and they always win their money in the vig.

First 123456 ... Last