TheeArchBishop
    TheeArchBishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3656

Villanova has to be the play of the day

Is it me or is this too obvious? They scored 41 and 49 pts in each of their last two losses, against programs wayyyy worse than Villanova. I think Villanova rolls here. Period.

unclequacker
    unclequacker's Avatar Become A Pro!

yep I agree. i posted a thread last night and villanova is my only play today. huge mismatch and i'm thinking of taking first half -7 because riverside couldnt break 20 pts in either of their last two games in the first half. but my bookie wont be taking calls today to get a second half play in because he wants to spend time with his family. LOSER! so I may just play both first half -7 and game -12.5. not sure but i think both are winning plays

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheeArchBishop View Post
    Is it me or is this too obvious? They scored 41 and 49 pts in each of their last two losses, against programs wayyyy worse than Villanova. I think Villanova rolls here. Period.
    Agree, but in the same tourney, keep an eye on St. Louis University.
    They are 18 pt favs today on neutral site against ACC's Boston College.
    What does that tell you?
    We know that BC has 12 new players including 9 freshmen, and have lost to some small potato teams already.
    But, still????
    SLU coach Majerus lost his two stars all last yr, including an NBA potential 6'10" big, and had 2-3 others go thru extended injuries, had no seniors, started 2-3 freshmen,1-2 sophs, and a role player jr most all yr last yr.
    This yr one of the stars (PG Mitchell) is back and everyone else is healthy and improved and some have added needed bulk.
    They have no All Americans but are DEEP and play ferocious "D". Majerus has a system and now he has kids with experience executing the system. And again, they have depth so they can sub and keep the pressure on.
    They were up 50-25 at the half against Romar's U of Washington Pac-12 returning champs, went up 32 pts in the 2nd half then coasted in... SLU let up, UW scored some late oh by the way 3's to get within 13.
    SLU has pounded the spread 3 in a row... and again, 'lil SLU giving 18 to a recognized public ACC team?
    Hmmmm.
    I am going to ride SLU for 5-6 games in a row. 18 is a lot to cover, they might get up 24 and start resting for tomorrow.
    I hope they cover, they should win and will play Nova tomorrow, by the way, and I would say Nova will be a 7 pt favorite, give or take, depends upon todays outcomes..
    If so, I take SLU+ pts. We shall see.
    Today, incredible ??? point spread line, but take SLU -18.
    Last edited by Serbone; 11-24-11 at 10:39 AM.

kp126
    kp126's Avatar Become A Pro!

Small Reverse movement in spread and total for this game.

unclequacker

I think ST LOUIS and NOVA 2 teamer looks pretty tasty

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

no play here while riverside is awful nova hasn't impressed me at all to lay this many esp. that far away from home, game is very close to riverside campus gl

delfam
    delfam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    no play here while riverside is awful nova hasn't impressed me at all to lay this many esp. that far away from home, game is very close to riverside campus gl
    I agree Villanova isn't very good this year and haven't looked impressive at all this year. Not touching this game, not worth the risk.

unclequacker

thanks for the input. i guess i will see how st louis does and maybe just sit out on nova if i can get a big win outta the billikens.

unclequacker

thank god st louis lost. i doubled up and took villanova first half and for the game so things are looking really good

TheeArchBishop
    TheeArchBishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3656

VILLANOVA. Happy Thanksgiving to all

unclequacker

yea yea i know my belly and pockets are full after that win

Bigtoilet
    Bigtoilet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by TheeArchBishop View Post
    UC Riverside goes down by 20+ again tomorrow....incase anyone was wondering.

unclequacker

no way. boston college is the one of the worst teams i have ever seen play. they look like they just got out of a World of Warcraft convention. riverside is bad but boston college is freakin joke. i would play small on riverside tomorrow then pound the shist outta whoever plays Boston college for the rest of the year. trust me