Detroit -5
    Last edited by shari91; 11-21-11 at 12:03 AM. Reason: removed advertising

ChicagoCover
    Trappin'
    ChicagoCover's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love the card on mich and det big. Gl

ThingsFallApart
    ThingsFallApart's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love Detroit, that looks ripe. Just wondering why you think Michigan will hang in there. Yes I understand Memphis does not do the half court thing well, but I just dont see how an older team in Memphis won't blow by Michigan. The logic makes sense but I just don't see how Michigan can score point for point with Memphis for 40 minutes. I see 70-58 here.

ChicagoCover
    Trappin'
    ChicagoCover's Avatar Become A Pro!

MY BUDDIE JUST GAVE ME THIS ABOUT MICH/ MEM:
    I watched their entire game against a solid, experienced, great shooting team in Belmont (a team that lost to Duke at Cameron Indoor by 1 pt) and Memphis couldn't have played any better when I personally thought they would struggle somewhat out of the gate with a team like that. Pastner is working hard over there and it looks like they may finally be turning the corner. Michigan may not let Memphis run as much as they would like but there will be run-outs since Michigan likes to shoot the three A LOT (long rebounds into fast break points). Memphis is a better shooting team this year which will help them against the 1-3-1 zone that Michigan plays. Memphis will bring the athletes in waves and PG Joe Jackson is paying very well - aggressive and under control. Will Barton and Wesley Witherspoon are playing extremely well and then they bring highly touted Freshman Adonis Thomas at you. Thomas has a very nice mid-range game, and can hit the glass and play D as well. Tarik Black is really coming along, and at 6'8" can bang downlow and get you rebounds and quality minutes.

Now I realize this is a very small sample size since they have only played one game (vs. Belmont at home) but Memphis is a legitimate Top 10 team this year.

Michigan comes in at 3-0 and know they are in for a tough one here (they have beat Ferris St, Towson, and Western Illinois) . They have solid guards in Hardaway Jr, Stu Douglass, Trey Burke, and Zack Novack, but Hardaway Jr really is the only one that has consistently put up double figures on average. Burke is a solid freshman but he is going to be playing against some of the fastest and quickest guards and forwards in the country today, and will have to quickly adjust to game speed. Michigan will be starting forwards at 6'8" and 6'9" which match Memphis but have less athleticism and beef.

Look for Memphis to be smart about running out, try to use their length on the wing, and limit three point buckets by Michigan. They will have to move the ball quickly on offense and get good shots. The only way Michigan keeps this close is as if they are straight unconscious from three point land. I would be very surprised if Memphis doesn't win this one by double digits.

LOCK = Memphis -4

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by ThingsFallApart View Post
    I love Detroit, that looks ripe. Just wondering why you think Michigan will hang in there. Yes I understand Memphis does not do the half court thing well, but I just dont see how an older team in Memphis won't blow by Michigan. The logic makes sense but I just don't see how Michigan can score point for point with Memphis for 40 minutes. I see 70-58 here.

To say Memphis doesn't do the half court thing well is an understatement. Michigan lives for playing idiotic teams, look at the blowout in March against Tenny last year. These guys are well coached and hand picked by Beliein. Very dangerous man when he assembles his team himself. Memphis may pose some athletic problems, but Michigan will slow this game down and keep Memphis from establishing any type of rhythm

TPowell

Belmont is nowhere near as well coached as Michigan. Belmont is a jump shooting team who plays occasional defense. Michigan will confuse Memphis with different defensive looks. Anything can happen but Michigan is the right side

TPowell

Memphis gave up a ton of point to Belmont, unless Michigan is off shooting the basketball I don't see how they don't at least cover

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Michigan +4
    Drake +8
    Detroit -5
    hope you didn't play michigan yet. memphis has been getting absolutely hammered currently -6 and could easily see -8 by tip gl

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    hope you didn't play michigan yet. memphis has been getting absolutely hammered currently -6 and could easily see -8 by tip
    def not, Memphis will get a LOT of public money. If this line hits 8, I'll probably prematurely ejaculate. I would advise locking in Detroit right now and waiting on Michigan. Drake could go either way, so just wait until tip since they are the dog

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Belmont is nowhere near as well coached as Michigan. Belmont is a jump shooting team who plays occasional defense. Michigan will confuse Memphis with different defensive looks. Anything can happen but Michigan is the right side
    That's a stretch. And to just say Memphis is a "dumb team" is a stretch as well. I watched them vs. Belmont -- I was on Belmont -- and came away impressed by how under control they actually played.

Memphis opened at -3 in pre-market lines. They're now -5 at The Greek. If you want a better number for Michigan, they're already out there. I think Memphis wins this game comfortably.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Wow, Pinny is juicing Memphis hard right now at -4.

You might be right TP. Michigan may be the play after all.

TPowell

any team with a glorified AAU coach as their head coach is a dumb team. I'd love to be in Vegas when this line closes and watch the older guys pour money on Michigan. I guarantee this line goes up and back down VERY close to tip

paranoyd androyd

-6 and sailing @ 5D

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    -6 and sailing @ 5D
    Pinnacle:

Mon 11/21
    Michigan +4 +131
    Memphis U -4 -145

It's typically scary to go against a Pinny lean like that -- especially when they're juicing a heavy public play.

paranoyd androyd

no doubt will be interesting to see whether the other shops follow 5dimes move or tax heavy like pinny gl

paranoyd androyd

just moved to 6' @ 5D this is going to be very interesting gl

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I like Drake alot........Virginia to win by 8 against a pretty good calibre Drake team is wayyyyy too much.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Pinnacle:

Mon 11/21
    Michigan +4 +131
    Memphis U -4 -145

It's typically scary to go against a Pinny lean like that -- especially when they're juicing a heavy public play.
    I noticed in the past that Pinny doesnt move lines overnight typically. They just juice the hell out of the line and move it in the morning when they raise limits. Its at -6.5 on Pinny now. Kind of kicking myself for not locking in at -4 yesterday now Only way Michigan stays in this game is if they knock down 3's. They are a team that lives and dies off the 3pt shot which makes them unpredictable. Memphis is alot more athletic and will be taking them to the rim all game IMO

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

Michigan +4
    Drake +8
    Detroit -5

mich is now +7 at 5dimes

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

this memphis michigan line looks ridiculous to me as well. complete overreaction to whats happened so far. memphis should play right into their hands. detroit looks fairly solid 2.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Damn, should of bet Memphis last night.

Way to late to jump on them now

Teams that live and die by the three should be a fade on the road

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Michigan blows

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by CHAZ View Post
    Damn, should of bet Memphis last night.

Way to late to jump on them now

Teams that live and die by the three should be a fade on the road
    Fade Duke then.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Michigan blows
    They're transitioning into a new offense without Morris at the point, but they're still a dangerous 1-3-1 team that plays smart and efficient ball.

Filmoz
    Filmoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

any team with a glorified AAU coach as their head coach is a dumb team. I'd love to be in Vegas when this line closes and watch the older guys pour money on Michigan. I guarantee this line goes up and back down VERY close to tip
    I think that's a bit of hyperbole with respect to Coach Pastner. He's a bright young coach who learned under both Lute Olson and Calipari, and has had decent success thus far. For the record though, I don't agree or disagree with your play. I stayed away from picking a side on this game, and took Memphis TT O69. and BOL.

TPowell

Olson and Calipari weren't exactly known for their prowess on the bench so I feel comfy fading the guy.

Should have bet Drake last night

TPowell

line down to 4.5 now

HR Paperstacks
    HR Paperstacks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you still like Detroit up to 7.5?

TPowell

Posted about having Drake +1 for 2H on Twitter, sweating the full game out right now!

TPowell

wtf intentionally fouled late on a 3 pointer???

HR Paperstacks

Sucks they have to foul, Freakin Virginia not missing nothing at the line.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Nice call on Michigan TP.

Pinny's stall said it all.

HR Paperstacks

wtf intentionally fouled late on a 3 pointer???
    Really? Fuk that sucks.

res11
    res11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cheers TPowell i ended up taking michigan at +7, didnt matter in the end though !!

TPowell

down 6, 8 seconds left. Heavy sweat going especially if you didnt catch 8

12 Last