sportman1313
    sportman1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

Purdue/Temple over 72 2h

Anybody like this? I think the foul calls pick up in the 2nd half and we see more fts...purdue has been god awful shooting fts this season so far but think there may be many more opportunities in the 2h. The concern I do have is that both teams are shooting pretty well and only got to 64...i can see them slowing it down but think there may also be some back and forth for sure and fts at the end may take it over, any thoughts?

slimpickins
    slimpickins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fouls certainly have picked up.
    Good call there, seems like a foul every trip down.

Pace of the game has slowed though so I still think the 2H over looks good but likely will be a close one.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I can't even watch this game.

The whistles are ridiculous. Hand-check calls everywhere, yet when players actually get fouled, they don't call anything.

JamesBrown
    JamesBrown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

I grabbed it to make up for my Temple wager. Both in the bonus with 7:45 left

sportman1313

Yes, it's fairly common in college bball for refs to not call much fouls in one half and call every little foul in another...no way this over would have stood a chance without the foul galore here in this 2nd half. Hell, I'll take it...need about 14-15 more shots for the over with 7 and a half mins left. Both teams are gonna have to be clutch with their fts and hopefully they go back and forth a few times cuz both teams are really draining the clock b4 shooting. Quite lucky that the fg percentage has actually increased here in the 2h.
    Quote Originally Posted by slimpickins View Post
    Fouls certainly have picked up.
    Good call there, seems like a foul every trip down.

Pace of the game has slowed though so I still think the 2H over looks good but likely will be a close one.

JamesBrown

Insane fouls being called. Now a double Tech. hahahaha

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

This is absurd.

There isn't a more incompetent lot than NCAA basketball officials. Makes the game unwatchable at times.

slimpickins
    slimpickins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Insane whistles in this one, but you can cash that over ticket now I would say.

sportman1313

yeah...i mean i've been watching sports for a very very long time and as a life-long athlete myself i see this shit all the time. halftime wagers in college basketball has been the biggest cashmaker for me over the years, specifically with regards to totals. It is so so heavily dependent on two things...pace of game and officiating. Picking out how you think refs will call the 2nd half is the quintessential part of winning 2nd half total wagers....I have done very very well with this over the years and am doing quite well this season as well. Lost only one and that was last night's st.johns/arizona game and i was wrong on how the refs would call it the 2nd half, as simple as that.

This temple/purdue game had absolutely NO chance of hitting the over here in the 2h (and game), despite the great shooting percentage, as the pace was slowing down quite a bit but the fact that the refs took over the game with nonstop fouls the over will very likely hit

Nothing sucks like being on the wrong side of such plays though

JamesBrown

A 2 shot foul on a freethrow...ahahahahhaha

GChild
    GChild's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1398

Over boom

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Refs bringing the win home for Purdue.

Wow.

sportman1313

28 fouls in this 2nd half i believe...great for over backers, sucks like hell for under backers.