iceman8847
    iceman8847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3505

Temple +1

does anyone have any thoughts on this game ? Purdue spent a lot of energy to beat iona yesterday .

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

I watched both teams play yesterday.Due may have spent a lot of energy,but the fact they scored 91 points against a quick and big iona team can not be ignored.I think this line is off by 6-7 points.Purdue should handle temple no prob IMO.Good luck.Im on Purdue 330 to win 300 -1.....One of my fav plays of the day.Great value too!

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Purdue

JamesBrown
    JamesBrown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Temple plays 6-8 players and has less depth, but more talent with teh starters. They played a ton of minutes last game, but Purdue also went to the wire vs. Iona. This game will come down to Temple defense and Purdues ability to hit 3's. What pushes me toward Temple is Purdue's struggles one the freethrow line. It can go either way, but I see Temple winning by 4-6 late.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    Purdue
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBrown View Post
    Temple plays 6-8 players and has less depth, but more talent with teh starters. They played a ton of minutes last game, but Purdue also went to the wire vs. Iona. This game will come down to Temple defense and Purdues ability to hit 3's. What pushes me toward Temple is Purdue's struggles one the freethrow line. It can go either way, but I see Temple winning by 4-6 late.
    This right here is enough to keep me away. Two well-respected (in my book) cappers on opposite sides.

Something tells me this game is the toss-up the line indicates.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Purdue w/o a doubt

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

I like Purdue in this spot as well. Michael Eric's size will be a problem for Purdue, but their perimeter game will be too much for Temple to keep up with...much like Arizona over St. John's last night. Temple is also a poor FT shooting team which is obviously huge in PK games.

JamesBrown
    JamesBrown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue23 View Post
    I like Purdue in this spot as well. Michael Eric's size will be a problem for Purdue, but their perimeter game will be too much for Temple to keep up with...much like Arizona over St. John's last night. Temple is also a poor FT shooting team which is obviously huge in PK games.
    Purdue went 11-20 v Iona and 6-19 v HP from the line. No advantage in FT. I think you're right about the perimeter game. If Purdue shoots lights out from deep, Temple won't be able to keep up...The more I look at it, the more I'm going to stay away from this one.

Thehusker
    Thehusker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Purdue is not very good...Hummel that's it, love Temple so clean in this spot

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBrown View Post
    Purdue went 11-20 v Iona and 6-19 v HP from the line. No advantage in FT. I think you're right about the perimeter game. If Purdue shoots lights out from deep, Temple won't be able to keep up...The more I look at it, the more I'm going to stay away from this one.
    Good point about the FTs...But I was considering Purdue to have the advantage there because I believe Temple will need to rely on them alot more than Purdue in order to win this game. Temple can't afford to get in a 3pt contest with Purdue. They need to attack the paint and feed Eric...which should lead to them having more attempts from the FT line than Purdue. FTs are much less a part of Purdue's game than Temple's is what I was going for I guess. No way Temple can keep up with Purdue on 3s alone...Purdue has superior outside shooting.

You're right though...Percentage wise there is no advantage either way.

6-4-3 DP
    6-4-3 DP's Avatar Become A Pro!

Over in the 1st half is the play.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Originally on Purdue - 1, switching to the Over

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

temple now -2 huge steam on them gl

testertips
    testertips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

3 point swing 3 minutes before tip off... hmmmm

testertips
    testertips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    This right here is enough to keep me away. Two well-respected (in my book) cappers on opposite sides.

Something tells me this game is the toss-up the line indicates.
    this

deadstare
    deadstare's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2053

Temple.1st half ml
    Lets get it.