No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Friday's leans

Akron PK at Valpo
    Arizona State +4.5 vs. New Mexico
    Drake +6.5 vs. Mississippi (Paradise Jam)
    Arkansas-Little Rock +1.5 at Eastern Michigan

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

I wanna pound Akron and Ark Little Rock

Shane
    Shane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Any thoughts on Lehigh?

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

And jus played Lehigh

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

What about liberty

CorkyThatcher
    CorkyThatcher's Avatar Become A Pro!

Akron is really good this year. So is Cleveland State. They will beat the Bonnie's by at least 10...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by YOUNGBUCK View Post
    I wanna pound Akron and Ark Little Rock
    Me too Buck.

Me too.

Adding as a lean:

Ball State +5.5 at Indiana State

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

You cats are getting too deep on me with Liberty and Lehigh. I don't know shit about either one of those teams.

Hall2Collie
    Hall2Collie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Drake +6.5 is a wierd line

Ole Miss is terrible again this year.

I'd love for these tourney lines to come out already

las8
    BigdaddyQH is a pedophile
    las8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16799

do you honestly need all these threads???

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

What's wrong with creating new threads? If anything it makes finding what you want to find more efficient. I mean is there a limit of threads for each member? No then why should it matter? Let me answer my own question again: it doesn't. Then why do we have all these schmucks- particularly ones just trying to "stir the pot"- on here complaining about this issue.
    I'd rather see a thread from somebody that posts regularly on this forum about a particular event or team than filtering through page after page of threads unless of course its LTA. Keep this @#$@ going. I'll be following.

16johnnymac
    16johnnymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

They are BetOnline.c

16johnnymac
    16johnnymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

Btfo

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

What are you seeing in Arizona State?
    Was thinking about firing on New Mexico.

To me it seems like a better coached New Mexico team with better players coming off an early rivalry loss. You have Demetrius Walker who transfered from ASU returning and you know he will be fired and and will fire up the team. New Mexico is a winning confident team after only losing one player from last years team (although he was the heart of the team and possibly the best player, he is now an assistant coach on the team). You have everybody else back including Drew Gordon (the best player on either of these two teams) who had a terrible last game (0-4 from the field and foul trouble). Arizona State lost their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th leading scorers from last years team who was pretty bad. Sendek is not getting recruits and the one big one he did get, Jahii Carson, is not eligible for some reason.

I like New Mexico with the 3 senior leaders (3rd, 4th, and 5th leading scorers on the team last year) and the second leading scorer back as well and the experience all around. New Mexico is not a great road team by any means, but Arizona State is not some home court juggernaut either. And I'm sorta following the lead of fading Pac-10 teams, especially a bottom 4 Pac-10 team versus supposedly the best or second best Mountain West Team.

lite1up
    UTEP +18
    lite1up's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post

To me it seems like a better coached New Mexico team with better players coming off an early rivalry loss. You have Demetrius Walker who transfered from ASU returning and you know he will be fired and and will fire up the team. New Mexico is a winning confident team after only losing one player from last years team (although he was the heart of the team and possibly the best player, he is now an assistant coach on the team). You have everybody else back including Drew Gordon (the best player on either of these two teams) who had a terrible last game (0-4 from the field and foul trouble). Arizona State lost their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th leading scorers from last years team who was pretty bad. Sendek is not getting recruits and the one big one he did get, Jahii Carson, is not eligible for some reason.

I like New Mexico with the 3 senior leaders (3rd, 4th, and 5th leading scorers on the team last year) and the second leading scorer back as well and the experience all around. New Mexico is not a great road team by any means, but Arizona State is not some home court juggernaut either. And I'm sorta following the lead of fading Pac-10 teams, especially a bottom 4 Pac-10 team versus supposedly the best or second best Mountain West Team.

This. I would be interested in hearing the angle on Arizona State. New Mexico -4.5 was a big play for me until I came upon this thread.

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

Cleveland State by 10+ this evening gentlemen. Bonnies are good but Cleveland St has the looks of a special team this year.

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Quote Originally Posted by numismatist View Post
    Cleveland State by 10+ this evening gentlemen. Bonnies are good but Cleveland St has the looks of a special team this year.
    I agree

kcburg
    kcburg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6060

heads up to the Ball St backers:
    Ball State coach Billy Taylor said sophomore forward Matt Kamieniecki's status for today's game will be determined by early afternoon. The sophomore practiced Wednesday and Thursday.

Kamieniecki missed the season-opener at Arizona after he broke his left ring finger last week in an exhibition game against Taylor. Kamieniecki underwent successful surgery Nov. 10. The surgeon placed two screws in his finger.

"It's good," Kamieniecki said matter-of-factly Tuesday when questioned about his surgically-repaired finger.

The Cardinals certainly missed his presence Sunday. Arizona outrebounded the Cardinals 39-29, and his replacement in the starting lineup, Tyler Koch, scored two points and grabbed two rebounds in 18 minutes of action.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by las8 View Post
    do you honestly need all these threads???
    Good place for discussion on that particular day. Not everyone likes the single threads by single posters with all of their plays cluttered into one spot.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post

First, it's just a lean. So don't jump ship if you like New Mexico.

I watched them vs. NMSU and wasn't impressed. Not a fan of Alford at all either. Arizona State is at home and while I'm not sure if they'll win SU, catching the 5 might be a play.

Quote Originally Posted by kcburg View Post
    heads up to the Ball St backers:
    Ball State coach Billy Taylor said sophomore forward Matt Kamieniecki's status for today's game will be determined by early afternoon. The sophomore practiced Wednesday and Thursday.

Kamieniecki missed the season-opener at Arizona after he broke his left ring finger last week in an exhibition game against Taylor. Kamieniecki underwent successful surgery Nov. 10. The surgeon placed two screws in his finger.

"It's good," Kamieniecki said matter-of-factly Tuesday when questioned about his surgically-repaired finger.

The Cardinals certainly missed his presence Sunday. Arizona outrebounded the Cardinals 39-29, and his replacement in the starting lineup, Tyler Koch, scored two points and grabbed two rebounds in 18 minutes of action.
    Thanks for the info.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Purdue - 1 over Temple?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Temple opened at +1 vs. Purdue. Interesting. Boilermakers might be dragging a little after yesterday's track meet. It'll be interesting to see how old man Hummel especially responds; he might be pretty sore in his knees today.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Tulsa +2 vs. Northwestern? I'm on that.

Also like Colorado +1 vs. Maryland and Mississippi State +6 vs. Arizona.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

I think the books may be respecting Temple a bit much, Purdue is the better team.

unique1
    unique1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nobody likes Marquette, they are on fire right now

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Hall2Collie View Post
    Drake +6.5 is a wierd line

Ole Miss is terrible again this year.

I'd love for these tourney lines to come out already
    Tourney lines in November for college hoops are typically the softest you'll find in any sport. If you do your homework and know the teams, you should be able to take full advantage.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    I think the books may be respecting Temple a bit much, Purdue is the better team.
    It'll be interesting to see the total on that game, too.

People might see the high-scoring game vs. Iona and expect another one here, but I'd lean under.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by unique1 View Post
    Nobody likes Marquette, they are on fire right now
    I try to avoid taking faves of 15 or more. Just too much room for a backdoor cover unless you really have solid info that it will be a blowout.

BOL though.

NewYorkKnicks87
    NewYorkKnicks87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

can somebody please explain to me the way to bet these games for exampe Temple +1 then why bet that? Doesnt it mean they can only win by 1 or lose by 1 and wouldnt that make it a push even if it did happen...

unique1
    unique1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Temple can win by any score, but can't lose by more than 1

NewYorkKnicks87

so Drake +6.5 means they can lose by at least 6 or win by any amount correct? Sorry for the stuipidity just tryin to finally grasp this

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkKnicks87 View Post
    can somebody please explain to me the way to bet these games for exampe Temple +1 then why bet that? Doesnt it mean they can only win by 1 or lose by 1 and wouldnt that make it a push even if it did happen...

Please don't bet money.

This is very basic. +1 means that if Temple loses by 1, the bet is a push. Any other result where Temple wins is a winner for you. Any result in which Temple loses by 2 or more and you lose. +1 is a game spread, which is a number that the book thinks that the final score will end up.

It's the same in every sport. Picking who wins would be too easy, the book handicaps the teams by the number of points they think the team will win or lose by. That is the basic tenant of sports betting.

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

so Drake +6.5 means they can lose by at least 6 or win by any amount correct? Sorry for the stuipidity just tryin to finally grasp this
    It means they can lose by less than 6, or win by any amount.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

This means Drake cannot lose the game by more the six. If Drake wins the game then obviously they didn't lose by at least 6. I

I.E. if...

Final Score = Drake 60 Miss St. 66 = Drake +6.5 WIN
    Final Score = Drake 70 Miss St. 67 = Drake +6.5 WIN
    Fianl Scroe = Drake 50 Miss St. 60 = Drake +6.5 LOSS

NewYorkKnicks87

ok cool thank you guys as i said im fairly new at this the only bet i have so far is on Purdue -1 so im just trying to learn this all at once sorry for any inconvience

12 Last