dob08
    dob08's Avatar Become A Pro!

Play of the day: MIAMI -2

I've posted several threads on NC State this year and I've done pretty well. 3-0 I believe. This game tonight I feel is a good play for many reasons. First off, NC State is poorly coached and are falling fast just like they did last season. This is essentially the same team, minus JJ Hickson who decided to go pro b/c the team was so bad. NC State is slow, poorly coached, have no guard play, and turn the ball over 20+ times a game. Miami on the other hand has a good coach, is athletic, quick to the ball, and has a terrific guard in McClinton. Miami will more than likely press State at the beginning of the game and cause them to get down early. State is not a come from behind team. The pack will get outrebounded, outhustled, and outplayed. I feel that this is a good line and we're catching Miami off of a loss. They are 3-3 in conference and need this win to stay above .500. NC State I think believes their season is over, and it is.

Miami -2

dob08

Would love feedback from the board.

MicGan
    MicGan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Than take Miami -1.5.

NC State need this win at home and I like their chance to win today.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

I'm with you on this dob08 Miami ftw

chucksmith
    chucksmith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Line coming down, Miami now -1.5

This does not concern me though

dob08

Quote Originally Posted by chucksmith View Post
    Line coming down, Miami now -1.5

This does not concern me though
    No worries. I know these teams really well. People say State needs this win, so does Miami. Miami is the more talented team, and State doesn't have much of an advantage playing at home. They are still slow, lazy, turnover prone.

wild willy
    wild willy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Damit got on miami -2 last night thinking the line was going up should of waited the line down to -1 oh well I still like it

dob08

You'll cash at -2 willy. No worries.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Yup -1.5 or 2 no worries really. I never fall for this conspiracy theory line dropping theory. Should be nothing to worry about it.

dob08

Interview with Sydney Lowe on the game tonight. RECAP of BC game.

After watching his team get lambasted on the boards in a 79-68 loss at Boston College over the weekend, probably the last thing NC State coach Sidney Lowe needed to see next was the best rebounding team in the ACC.

But on Tuesday night, that’s exactly what his Wolfpack (10-7, 1-4) will have to deal with when the Miami Hurricanes (14-5, 3-3) blow into the RBC Center for a 7 p.m. contest.

In outrebounding NC State 46-25 on Saturday, B.C. did most of its damage in the first half, generating 13 second chance points off of 15 offensive rebounds. In fact, the Eagles finished with just three less offensive rebounds than the Wolfpack’s total on either end of the court.

“They were just more aggressive and physical than we were,” Lowe said.

Enter Miami.

The Hurricanes lead the league in rebound margin (plus-8.8) and on average, are outrebounding their opponents 43-to-34.

“These guys go just as hard if not harder than Boston College,” Lowe said. “They’re big and they’re going to pound the boards. They’re going to send three guys to the offensive boards every time, so we have to be strong, physical and box out.”

Miami is the best rebounding team in the ACC. Another reason this game leans toward Miami cover.

Tigers1230
    Tigers1230's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

nice post dob. Same reason last night why I took Oklahoma. Rebounding is everything, especially in the ACC.

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

dob08...Thanks for the writeup..I believe Miami is just too quick for N.C. state in both scoring speed and overall ball movement speed...I hate it when people limit capping to just a few points like this but this game reminds me of Sunday's Pitt vs. WVU, and yesterday's Notre Dame vs. Maquette where both home teams got ran by the faster styles and as you wrote above rebounding could be big factor too...anyway.. This is my favorite game of the night...GL to us

dob08

Quote Originally Posted by awhitejackson View Post
    dob08...Thanks for the writeup..I believe Miami is just too quick for N.C. state in both scoring speed and overall ball movement speed...I hate it when people limit capping to just a few points like this but this game reminds me of Sunday's Pitt vs. WVU, and yesterday's Notre Dame vs. Maquette where both home teams got ran by the faster styles and as you wrote above rebounding could be big factor too...anyway.. This is my favorite game of the night...GL to us
    Let's cash it. Speed, rebounding, better coaching, and a sluggish, nonchalant Wolfpack will allow us to cash. Let's get it!

PsychoQ
    PsychoQ's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love Miami tonight