WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Conf USA Suspends Houston guard Coleman for Wed

C-USA suspends Coleman 1 game

Comment Email Print
    ESPN.com news services

Houston junior guard Aubrey Coleman received a one-game suspension on Monday for stepping on the face of Arizona's Chase Budinger on Saturday.
    Conference USA commissioner Britton Banowsky announced the penalty, saying that "instances of flagrant misconduct require suspension."
    Coleman, the team's second-leading scorer at 18.1 points per game, was ejected from the contest with 9:51 left in the second half. Arizona rallied for a 96-90 win in overtime.
    Coleman expressed regret on Sunday.
    "I want to apologize to Chase Budinger for what happened Saturday night. I never meant to step on him," Coleman said in a statement issued by the school. "I have never been in an incident like this before, and I have nothing but respect for him as a great player.
    "I love the game too much to do something like that intentionally. I want to say I am sorry from the bottom of my heart," Coleman said. "I know that God knows what is in my heart, but I am hopeful that Chase will understand and forgive."
    Coleman will serve his suspension on Wednesday when Houston plays UTEP.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

It's good that he apologized but do you really think anyone will buy what he's saying?

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did you see his reaction when he got caught and booted...I could swear everyone was giving him high fives on the sideline.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Did you see his reaction when he got caught and booted...I could swear everyone was giving him high fives on the sideline.
    I didn't see that but I'll watch the replay on Youtube. If that's the case, then IMO, his apology is just a bunch of empty words with no meaning.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

this coksuker should be suspended for rest of the season-
    1 game is a joke

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

One game is nothing.. I agree...will interesting to see the line on tomorrow's game