ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

how do you cap early season college hoops?

Returning starters? Record last year? Discuss

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

I'm a big CBB fan and been following it for 15 years but still can't name 99% of the players on teams. Don't matter.

Just follow the lines, typical stuff, inefficient lines. Same as CFB.

Whatever you "cap" is already in the line and more.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Anything that looks good for tonight? Seems line michgian or the under

k13

Penn, Detroit, Umass, Central Florida, Fairfield, loyla-chicago, ugh... I'll be playing like 20 games lol so hard to pick one or two this early.

FringBenefit
    FringBenefit's Avatar Become A Pro!

k13, i really like Fairfield tonight and would like to hear your thoughts on this game. Thanks.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

your only purpose is to figure out if the team will be better than worse from last year. You look at returning starters (PG is the key spot) and you also look at key stats like turnovers, shot percentages, rebounding, etc. If a team was awful rebounding and they lost the entire frontcourt, who cares? Similar with losing a turnover prone point guard.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Before the start of the season go to every college's website and read their previews, gonna have to set an entire day aside for this, but well worth it IMO. After that, just use Covers match up section daily to get current info.

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

first half unders are usually solid bets...also i would avoid a team stacked with freshmen, very easy for upperclassmen to outsmart even superior athletes that are freshmen.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I guess take dogs at home or on neutral courts

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

for returning players. you could look at how they did last year compared with 100 or more similar players in previous years. then compare those returning players to how those similar players preformed the next year. you could use that average to see how the current player is expected to get better. same thing with freshman using high school info.

or something.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Because its the absolute best time to exploit soft lines in these non conference games

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    your only purpose is to figure out if the team will be better than worse from last year. You look at returning starters (PG is the key spot) and you also look at key stats like turnovers, shot percentages, rebounding, etc. If a team was awful rebounding and they lost the entire frontcourt, who cares? Similar with losing a turnover prone point guard.
    sharp! Point guards are so damn important. Have been thinking about fading BYU early in the season after watching their terrible performance in game 1. Hawaii game tomorrow.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Penn, Detroit, Umass, Central Florida, Fairfield, loyla-chicago, ugh... I'll be playing like 20 games lol so hard to pick one or two this early.
    4-2 on those.

Sort of ok, the good thing about playing so many games the bad beats even out and you don''t think about it as much. Had +11.5, lost by 12, had +2.5, lost by 3. Some other game I got lucky on so it evens out.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Well coached veteran teams have the greatest advantage this time of year. Young teams will be grown up by February but very raw right now.