jaymac82980
    jaymac82980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

well guys, since this is college hoops, I have a college hoops over where I think the over/under is a bit too low. Samford/citadel is 119.5. both teams give up an average of more than 62 points per game (citadel gives up 67, samford gives up 61.9). On the road citadel is 5-0 over, and 8-1 over in cenference games (9-3 over in total games) Samford has more overs than not, but I dont feel like spewing more info. anyways, this over/under looks a little low to me, so...

Samford/Citadel OVER 119.5

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Oklahoma line is moving....from 4.5 back down to 3....no play for me.

jaymac82980

Hanger. I dont think the line on that unc greens/furman game is incorrect. BOTH teams are absolutely terrible. While greensboro is slightly worse than furman, they are playing at Furman, so I'm guessing some points would be awarded to the home team for that home court.

This is a matchup of two horrible teams, greensboro looks like the better ATS bet, but you would be betting on a 3-14 team vs a 2-15 team (at home).

jaymac82980

Westside, I'm thinking Griffin IS out, and people are just now finding out.

Hanger
    NCAA '10 59.45% | 129-88-5
    Hanger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 215

Quote Originally Posted by jaymac82980 View Post
    Hanger. I dont think the line on that unc greens/furman game is incorrect. BOTH teams are absolutely terrible. While greensboro is slightly worse than furman, they are playing at Furman, so I'm guessing some points would be awarded to the home team for that home court.

This is a matchup of two horrible teams, greensboro looks like the better ATS bet, but you would be betting on a 3-14 team vs a 2-15 team (at home).

Jaymac-

I know I was looking at the ATS, however I know both records and teams are terrible..was just looking for a steal.

jaymac82980

yeah, and you were asking if the line is wrong...and I tried to help you see that the line is what it is probably due to home court advantage.

MrMonkey
    MrMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

CK, good to see you in the CBB forum. Think ND is good at -3. Starters average 162 minutes a game! AriSt only team in top 25 over 150. ND will be worn out by seasons end but Brey has nobody to go to?

Marq. starters played 175 minutes??? against DePaul on Sat. 6-0 conf., haven't played yet on 1 days rest, can't see ND losing 2 in row at home?

Facts, Marq. small inside, think ND can go with inside-outside game and can win comfortably, if not nailbiter. Thought line would be higher because of situational play? I guess Marq. is a sound experienced club.

Oh since you have me carjacked in the back seat, which way do you think -3 will go. Already bet it, might do more? Thanks!

MrMonkey

cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shaq_attaq View Post
    I understannd there are no SP today in college ball, but what's the best site to find these plays at?

You're already at the place to be. No better place than the author's dwellings to get the correct theory and plays!

Hanger

yeah, and you were asking if the line is wrong...and I tried to help you see that the line is what it is probably due to home court advantage.

Thanks Jaymac. I do see the home court is givin the 3. Going to stay away from this game, it just didnt make sense to me.

jaymac82980

LT Profits is backing greensboro. Got a write up on homepage of sbr.

MrMonkey
    MrMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Westside, I'm thinking Griffin IS out, and people are just now finding out.
    Haven't looked into it, but line started at -2, things might be settling in?
    Plus if Griffin was out wouldn't it go to Okla. +2,3,4?

MrMonkey

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

ck
    how much did you put on manhatten today ?
    thx

Dana4U
    Dana4U's Avatar Become A Pro!

I ended up just taking OK on the ML while these points try to settle down.

SportsInsights showed the game opening at -1.5 and it's currently at -2.5 with 78% of the action on OK. Not sure where the -4.5 or even -3 lines are coming from. The points are moving in the opposite direction as what SportsInsights is listing.

CK - do you have any insight (no pun intended) as to what is going on here??
    Last edited by Dana4U; 01-26-09 at 11:19 AM. Reason: add content

cocknocker

Mr. Monkey,

Notre Dame's impressive home winning streak has been snapped, and Marquette is going to be the team to get it restarted. I don't see any way that this game doesn't go over the total with Marquette's diminutive front line and scoring ability. With the Fighting Irish having issues recently you can expect for offensive production to be at a maximum. I think that a Notre Dame/Over teaser would get the job done. If bettors like Maquette, then i think that a teaser with them and the over would also be a nice middle. When I do teasers though I like to involve the home team and the total though. This way you can get them as a home dog of +1 and an over/under of 153. I kind of like the sound of that, but if a bettor wants Marquette then they can get them at +7 and over 153.

That being said, I like Notre Dame if I had to wager on this game, but at -1.5 a little better. I would buy a point and a half and play them at that number (-1.5) to just get the win, which I full think that they will do in this game. But there's nothing like a little insurance

Dana4U

ND on the ML

CK - any thoughts on taking ND on the ML? I got them at -150 on the ML earlier this morning? I see the points moved from -3 to -3.5 at my sports book.

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    Mr. Monkey,

Notre Dame's impressive home winning streak has been snapped, and Marquette is going to be the team to get it restarted. I don't see any way that this game doesn't go over the total with Marquette's diminutive front line and scoring ability. With the Fighting Irish having issues recently you can expect for offensive production to be at a maximum. I think that a Notre Dame/Over teaser would get the job done. If bettors like Maquette, then i think that a teaser with them and the over would also be a nice middle. When I do teasers though I like to involve the home team and the total though. This way you can get them as a home dog of +1 and an over/under of 153. I kind of like the sound of that, but if a bettor wants Marquette then they can get them at +7 and over 153.

That being said, I like Notre Dame if I had to wager on this game, but at -1.5 a little better. I would buy a point and a half and play them at that number (-1.5) to just get the win, which I full think that they will do in this game. But there's nothing like a little insurance

flavo-ice
    flavo-ice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    Hanger it sounds a little too easy. But there are 300 somethin' teams out there and every now and then the linemaker will make a missstep and have a gimmie
    Case in point I present N.Iowa last night catching points at Mizz. St.

That line was completely wrong. I thought it was a huge trap so I laid off, but it was a huge gift/mistake by the linesmakers which imo makes no sense.

N.Iowa is dominating Mo Valley play and was 4-0 on the road in conf. last night(now 5-0). Why they weren't favored is very surprising.

cocknocker

peterpan19,

Since this is a 2 week experiment, all of my wagers will be identical so that I can have a correct reading on my units. I have been going back and fort in my mind about a normal wager amount considering what I am doing, but with the Secret Plays put into the mix, I have to have a normal wager that is giving those plays some appropriate consideration. I am thinking that I will stick to plays that are no more than $500.00 since that is what I am putting on Manhattan today. The Secret Plays are already being played at that number so there it is.

However, you can look forward to me banging Georgetown and Texas A&M heavy on Wednesday. The Gerogetown whores have been made resposnsible for getting me my money back. I think that i will put a dime on each team that day as well as two way them. They both fall into my three straight up losses rule and both are playing a conference game at home. I am very serious about making money that day (Wednesday)

cocknocker

Dana4U,

Excellent choice!

cheesehead004
    cheesehead004's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WestsidePete View Post
    The Oklahoma line is moving....from 4.5 back down to 3....no play for me.
    who cares about line movements when the cowboys clearly have nobody to stop blake griffin, let alone his brother.

Dana4U

Kings Play Tomorrow

Dexter - I played the Kings last night and they got their asses handed to them by the Raptors. But there is much merit in them playing the Cavs tomorrow night with the Cavs coming back home after a successful road trip. Have you ever listened to SportsRage radio on XM98? Morency (the show host) often preaches the best bet is to bet against a team coming home after a successful road trip and he makes the case it works really well in basketball and baseball. So the Kings game tomorrow would be a great chance to try out his theory!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    1/27-

the bobcats are in a nice spot catching the lakers off of a big national tv win on sunday vs the spurs. they roll into staples, where they have won their last 2 visits straight up as 14 and 11 point dogs. they will again be catching about 13, and i look for larry brown to have these guys ready and take the roller coaster lakers down to the wire.

-bobcats
    the kings played the cavs tough last year in cleav (3-2 su & ats last 5), and i look for much of the same this time around, as the cavs are likely to be very sluggish in their first home game off of a solid 4 game west coast trip.

-kings

flavo-ice
    flavo-ice's Avatar Become A Pro!

well guys, since this is college hoops, I have a college hoops over where I think the over/under is a bit too low. Samford/citadel is 119.5. both teams give up an average of more than 62 points per game (citadel gives up 67, samford gives up 61.9). On the road citadel is 5-0 over, and 8-1 over in conference games (9-3 over in total games) Samford has more overs than not, but I dont feel like spewing more info. anyways, this over/under looks a little low to me, so...

Just wanted to point out Samford has the top ranked d in their conference plus they also play a princeton style offense. They use up the clock on both ends of the court, working to limit their opponents offensive touches.

Citadel has a great inside/post play advantage in conf., so I'd expect a lot of patient working to get the ball inside.

Just something to keep in mind.

cocknocker

Good lookin' pick jaymac. It was researched well! I like that over. By the end of the day I may let you hold the strap for the OG homie. But right now we're looking for some victims. We're bailing through the hood wih the beat slappin' and in a stolen candy orange Mustang. We stand out like a sore thumb. We may have to ditch this ride and get us somethin a little more low key!

Dfjay9
    Dfjay9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3196

Quote Originally Posted by Dana4U View Post
    CK - as you probably know, there are some damn good cappers in the NCAAB business over here. TPowell, WestSidePete and Machine Choice are doing quite well. Machine is a man (or possibly woman) of very few words, but damn good with the picks.
    I think its blatantly obvious that TPowell is the best.

jaymac82980

Flavo, I'm guessing that D was included in the overall points they give up on average. But I have not looked too into this game past blind totals. I really can't see how I could be too far off though. Are you saying that you don't like the over though?

CK, gald to see you saw the same thing as me.

I am actually thinking about a few avenues here....I DO like hanger's pick of greensboro, as it could be a good game to place a small wager on. Also, I could use that for a good 2 team tease. Possibly tease with that citadel over.

I am also thinking about teasing citadel to +9.5/ over 115.5. Machine choice computed (haha) citadel to cover, and although he has no write ups, this guy has been lights out for a while.

jaymac82980

ck, I think thats slick rick on the radio... TURN IT UP!! "once upon a time not long ago, where people wore pajamas and lived life slow....."

cocknocker

I'm gonna have to ride out and find this machine guy. If he's hustiling over here, i'm gonna have to check out his set and see how he's rollin'. If he's clockin dollas over there, I may have to jack him if i see he ain't secure and rich rollin'

Hanger

Right now official picks

ND -3
    UNC Greensboro +3
    Portland 1q -3

Thats it for now, listening to what you guys are saying about Citadel over. May not have time to cap it.

jaymac82980

ck, don't waste your time with machine choice, he doesn't speak, just spits out winners. Let him stay in character. I have been following him for a while, and I'd hate to see him go south. Let's let him believe he is a machine from another world.

twitch66
    twitch66's Avatar Become A Pro!

todays wagers -

NCAA
    Marquette +3
    Oklahoma -3

NBA
    Portland Trail Blazers -10
    New Jersey Nets +1
    Houston Rockets -2
    Phoenix Suns -4

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

no dana - never listened to that program....but yeah, ive always liked this angle.
    Last edited by Dexter; 01-26-09 at 12:17 PM.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

well guys, since this is college hoops, I have a college hoops over where I think the over/under is a bit too low. Samford/citadel is 119.5. both teams give up an average of more than 62 points per game (citadel gives up 67, samford gives up 61.9). On the road citadel is 5-0 over, and 8-1 over in cenference games (9-3 over in total games) Samford has more overs than not, but I dont feel like spewing more info. anyways, this over/under looks a little low to me, so...

nice research....

jaymac82980

thanks dex. It just feels too easy to me, it makes me worry. I'll have to look into it a little more.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

hey guys, where are you for NBA. We can still talk NCAA/NBA there. I made a thread, CK even said on this thread only NCAA so talk both here.

Since CK is on NCAA...I'll be the One to Start Big Thread

cocknocker

No way jaymac,

I had to ride on him. He's too huge. I had to get him. After a couple a questions I found machine and rode on him. We are looking to expand, so I went to his hood in this stupid ass stolen orange Mustang with jaymac's ass in the back (actin' like we shouldn't ride on him) and threw a challenge at the machine, that I will call the Battle of the Giants.

Any kind of wager goes: halves, totals, props, whatever. His place is creepy though and it is full of screams and the sound of water drops hitting the floor. Look homies in order to expand you've got to TAKE corners from the hustlers that own that corner, and wage war on their territory in order to come up. I heard that he's the man here so I had to find him and see what's up, or else we're gonna just merge take over and that's all that there is to it. jaymac, you don't get to hold the strap no more. You got to be gangster when it's time to be gangster. No matter who we ride on.

I'm gonna have to let you out at the 7-11. You can walk back if you don't want to handle the business.

Look I ride on fools. I said that I was coming to the NCAA threads to Carjack, and I meant business. If the Machine concedes or doesn't respond, I take his car and sell his rims and beat. Then that means that we have sucessfully taken over the NCAA threads and we will be top dog over here. We need to eat homes.

Whatever, I know I can pick up Wang, and he'll be ready to hold the cannon. The CK Mafia don't back down to noone or no crew.
    Last edited by cocknocker; 01-26-09 at 12:52 PM.

leopoldim86
    leopoldim86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I was at the Fairfield v. Ryder game Fri night...Fairfield looked horrible...my boy works in the athletic department their best shooter Han(kid from Brooklyn) has been feuding with the coach non stop and took maybe 4 shots Fri night and on top of that my boy told me 2 maybe 3 starters will not be playing again...so LETS GO JASPERS

First 12345 ... Last