4-0 100.00% +4.00 units

Favorites
    3-1-1 75.00% +2.00 units

Thanks to those who got on the streak. Stay threaded and thanks

The Contrarian

Pair of 5s Sir
    Pair of 5s Sir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4231

The radar is switched to the on position, early this morning. Family obligations have been thrusted upon me. Delaware gets on the radar screen for all you contriarios out there. I appreciate the PM's this morning who offered their humble thanks for providing the recent streak. However, that's all in the past.

Look at Delaware. I will probably place my selection very early to make sure gametime does not interfere with the birthday cake. I capped the games through the 4:00 pm card. No other looks, surprisingly.

Stay threaded. This one game losing streak bothers the hell out of me.

The Contrarian

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Good run you got going.

Pair of 5s Sir

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Good run you got going.
    Were you on any of them?

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

No sir, I missed the boat unless they fell in my plays by luck. I've been riding some of the plays posted though and had a good run. On the speadsheet.

themajormt
    Yanks!!
    themajormt's Avatar Become A Pro!

DO you have anything today sir?

Pair of 5s Sir

Selection

Delaware gets the contrarian play of the day. I am heading out for the afternoon.

Go get Delaware -5.5.

The Contrarian

Blazermaniac
    Blazermaniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1027

Pair....I am looking at the UConn game. Could be a play. Right now...65% has UConn to cover -1.5. Will see what that number is around game time. ND has played well but aren't able to finish. They can definitely flat out shoot.

themajormt
    Yanks!!
    themajormt's Avatar Become A Pro!

What exactly is "contrarian" is this his own term??

sqvirrel
    sqvirrel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by themajormt View Post
    What exactly is "contrarian" is this his own term??
    I guess 90% of the public being on a play makes it contrarian to also be on that play.

Blazermaniac

Missouri -18 looks good. 65% on it. Game starts at 10:30...will track it and make a decision before game time. Missouri killed Iowa St...people are expecting the same thing. Tech hasn't been good lately...getting blown out pretty much every game away. But look for the cover. It's a very risky game cause Tech is prone to blow outs.

Blazermaniac

I am on Tech +18. 67% on it for the blow out. Expect Missouri to lead by as much as 20 plus to high 20s....then Tech will make a backdoor cover when Tiger starters are out with less than a minute to go. Tigers had an easy game against Cowboys but had to hold on at the end for the win. Expect them to come out a little flat. Tech will be leading early or keep it close til second half.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Quote Originally Posted by sqvirrel View Post
    I guess 90% of the public being on a play makes it contrarian to also be on that play.
    Wow your 3rd post on SBR is a real gem. I'll look forward to #4.

The contrarian system is way more involved than making a play on a team that all the $$ is going on.

/speaks on behalf of Pair while he finishes counting his money

Pair of 5s Sir

I am back

I am back from the birthday party. I will be strapped in for the rest of the afternoon. Great hearing from the contrarian followers. I see their are some questions from the group. Feel free to post your questions. I will do my best not to bore you.

The Contrarian

dob08
    dob08's Avatar Become A Pro!

My question is Deleware?? They are terrible. Down 7 at half and will not cover 5.5. What made this line stand out?

Pair of 5s Sir

My point of view

Quote Originally Posted by dob08 View Post
    My question is Deleware?? They are terrible. Down 7 at half and will not cover 5.5. What made this line stand out?
    Contrarian indicators exist on several fronts. Statistically when various numbers point in a particular direction, one that is consistent throughout the analysis, it provides insight as to which contrarian play is on the card. Georgia State showed facts pointing in their direction with the line going the other way. Remember gentlemen, contrarian plays with not yield 100% (no fooling). However, it is been my experience that contrarian plays will yield a positive return over the long run. Financial markets are common for contrary plays. There are other factors, but I will not bore you. If losing based on any system play is going to discourage you, I can not help you. One of the downfalls to the contrarian plays is that not many are available everyday. Usually there will be one or two, but that does not discourage me whatsover. But for some, they like alot of action.

Your views are always welcomed.

The Contrarian

dob08

Quote Originally Posted by Pair of 5s Sir View Post
    Contrarian indicators exist on several fronts. Statistically when various numbers point in a particular direction, one that is consistent throughout the analysis, it provides insight as to which contrarian play is on the card. Georgia State showed facts pointing in their direction with the line going the other way. Remember gentlemen, contrarian plays with not yield 100% (no fooling). However, it is been my experience that contrarian plays will yield a positive return over the long run. Financial markets are common for contrary plays. There are other factors, but I will not bore you. If losing based on any system play is going to discourage you, I can not help you. One of the downfalls to the contrarian plays is that not many are available everyday. Usually there will be one or two, but that does not discourage me whatsover. But for some, they like alot of action.

Your views are always welcomed.

The Contrarian
    13 and 0 run to start the half! Cmon Contrarian.

Pair of 5s Sir

13 and 0 run to start the half! Cmon Contrarian.
    are you on Delaware?

Pair of 5s Sir

Contrarian Radar

Indiana State goes on the contrarian radar for tonight's 7:05 PM matchup. Contrarian indicators exist with Bradley to surely get a ton of money. I am waiting for line confirmation. I will let you know before gametime if you should get down on them.

The Contrarian

dob08

Quote Originally Posted by Pair of 5s Sir View Post
    are you on Delaware?
    yea, i cashed b/c of you. thank u sir.

Pair of 5s Sir

It's Official

The afternoon contrarian play cashes for the good guys. Delaware started off the game slow but started the second half with a 13-0 run. I would love to hear from those who got down.

Delaware -5.5 (W) risking 1.10 to win 1.0 unit

Beware O Contrare

MSUSpartan32
    MSUSpartan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

Tailed you on it 5's. Nice win.

Pair of 5s Sir

Non believer

yea, i cashed b/c of you. thank u sir.
    You were a non-believer early. I am glad you stuck in there. As a contrario you need to be patient and disciplined.

The Contrarian

Blazermaniac

Great call Pair....Tech did cover.

Blazermaniac

Indiana St.....boy that's a tough one. I don't know. The trend looks right but it also said they can be blown out, too. Checked the starters...Bradley's average a point or two better than States. Won 3 of last 4. By 11 on 1/13 at States. This will be a tough one. Let me know and I'll make a last minute decision.

Pair of 5s Sir

Radar Screen II

Indiana State continues to blink on the radar. Waiting for line confirmation in order to pull the trigger. Sit tight, I will post back before gametime.

The Contrarian

Pair of 5s Sir

Selection II

The money is dumping in on Bradley. Contrarian indicators are present, with line confirmation. Go to the window boys and get Indiana State.

Indiana State +12.

The Contrarian

MSUSpartan32
    MSUSpartan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

On it at +12.

Pair of 5s Sir

Radar Screen III

Florida International University is coming up as a potential play. Waiting for line confirmation to form. Sit tight, this one is developing.

The Contrarian

Blazermaniac

I am too late. Just got back. Couldn't catch Ind St. Was laying off Notre Dame as 68% was on it. Will look at your other picks and scanning the lines for any games left for the night.

Pair of 5s Sir

Selection III

Go to the window and get Florida International University. They can't win for shit on the road, but not tonight.

FIU +2

The Contrarian

Blazermaniac

K....line looks good....will be pulling my hair out but taking UL Lafayette +2. S. Alabama getting all the plays. UL played Western KY tough on the road. Though their record doesn't reflect their play....they should pull this out. S Alabama is the better team but you never know. Just have to cross your fingers. This will be a nail biter.

007Fatty
    007Fatty's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey pair quick question. why do you think florida will cover? like i put a bet on them because i figure wat the hell hah but wat makes you think they will??

Pair of 5s Sir

Quote Originally Posted by 007Fatty View Post
    hey pair quick question. why do you think florida will cover? like i put a bet on them because i figure wat the hell hah but wat makes you think they will??
    There are few contrarian indicators that are present. The most prominent is the road record of FIU, they can't win on the road. That's what the public sees and the linesmaker does not make them a bigger dog. Line movement is less prominent with this selection. Obviously, the contrarian plays are not 100% (no fooling), it is the criteria that leads to a long term successful return.

The Contrarian

Pair of 5s Sir

It's Official

Indiana State hangs on for a push. I was able to get it at +12. However, I saw the SBR screen showing numbers like 11, 11.5. I hope most of you got +12 to push out.

Indiana State +12 (PUSH)

12 Last