daviddaman2
    daviddaman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Akron/Miss State thoughts?

This is a tough one. Akron I feel is going to be solid again this season and should compete for the top spot in the MAC all season long. Mississippi State on the other hand has tons of talent led by Dee Bost who in my mind is one of the most under-rated guards in the country. They also added Moultrie from UTEP whose proven to be a very solid player. Then we have their x factor the uber talented but often troubled big man in Sidney. I could make a strong argument for either side here. Still on the fence. Any opinions?

Filmoz
    Filmoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

I liked Akron when the line opened at +7.5. It became a no-play when it moved to +6.5, and now at +7 it's a play again, but this is my toughest call out of the four games tonight.

daviddaman2
    daviddaman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

I agree... no doubt the toughest game on the board

Filmoz

Yeah. The case could be made that if Miss St allowed E Kentucky to hang with them all game the way they did, that the more formidable Akron team should be able to cover as well. However, there's also the likelihood that the E Kentucky game was just another case of a team playing down to a weaker opponent, and that we see a totally different Miss St team tonight.

Filmoz

What I'm on tonight:

Arizona -8.5
    Duquesne TT U70.5
    St. John's -12.5
    Akron +7
    Texas A&M 1st half -11.5

3x each

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Akron up to +7.5 now. Love to see this line move to +8 or more..

Filmoz

Yeah. But I'm too ambivalent on the game, so I don't think I'll add any more units even if the lines moves any more. The possibility of a close game all the way, with Akron making desperation fouls at the end and Miss St backdoor covering because of it, seems too likely now. Hope not though.

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Akron will keep it close for 75% of the game, then Miss St. will start to pull away.
    Akron is too young and is not deep enough to compete for the full game.

i expect a score something like 75-88 Miss St

Filmoz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMadden View Post
    Akron will keep it close for 75% of the game, then Miss St. will start to pull away.
    Akron is too young and is not deep enough to compete for the full game.

i expect a score something like 75-88 Miss St
    Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. Oh well, my units are already locked in, BOL everyone.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

MSU will be much better than last year. Hood and Moultrie are hard nosed players which is exactly what MSU missed last year. They have a great starting five this year but depth could be a factor. Akron is in the MAC....... thats all you need to know. I think this game should be around -10. Laying 7, I feel good about the fact that MSU is at least 5 points better than Akron overall. Another thing, Akron lost a couple key guys from last year in the backcourt and are breaking in a new PG