kufan11
    kufan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

If thinking about betting on Arizona read this....

The Wildcats lost their exhibition opener 69-68 to Division II Seattle Pacific, their first preseason defeat since falling to Athletes in Action in 1984.

It was hardly the way to follow up on last season's 30-8 record, which included a Pac-10 regular-season title and trip to the NCAA tournament regional finals.

The Wildcats, ranked in the preseason for the first time since entering at No. 17 in 2007, bounced back from that loss with a sloppy 60-51 win over D-II Humboldt State on Tuesday. Arizona turned the ball over 20 times and shot 57.9 percent from the free-throw line (22 of 38).

"Obviously we have a low starting point, and a long way to go," coach Sean Miller said. "

Not saying they will play as bad as they did in these two preseason games, but its a completely different team than last year, and valpo is a much better team than Humboldt and seattle pacific, so IM0 the play is Valpo +13.5 or no play.

DerekVL
    DerekVL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92

Yes everyone, base all your betting on an exhibition game, this is great advice! (Sarcasm)

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by DerekVL View Post
    Yes everyone, base all your betting on an exhibition game, this is great advice! (Sarcasm)
    Actually, exhibition games are pretty useful. In Beavers, I found them as predictive as regular season games (allowing me to bet earlier in the season).

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

Doesn't.
    Mean.
    Anything.

Arizona is just pissing around in the exhibitions. Trust me.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DerekVL

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by numismatist View Post
    Doesn't. Mean. Anything. Arizona is just pissing around in the exhibitions. Trust me.
    Yes 18-22 year olds battling for starting spots on a NCAA D1 team just pissing around, you're joking right.

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    Yes 18-22 year olds battling for starting spots on a NCAA D1 team just pissing around, you're joking right.
    This isn't football, friend.
    Just how many "spots" do you think the Arizona team had up for grabs that players were "battling" for?