unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 660

Last night Pitt -9, Tonight Duke -19

Duke will route NC St! NC St has troubles scoring already and it won't help facing Duke's pressure defense. Duke is playing at a high level and the Wolfpack will be in trouble tonight. Problem is NC St has troubles scoring consistantly and if they go a couple minutes without scoring they will be down in a hurry. We saw this in the Gtown game. Gtown lead most of the first half until they had troubles scoring for the last 4 minutes of the first half and were suddenly down double digits. More of the same tonight and I expect to cover this game as I believe Duke will win by 20+. I think the only thing that can save NC St is a backdoor cover but I will take the chance.

Duke is dominate at home:
    Duke 10-0 at home winning by an average of 25 ppg this season and in the last 9 games only giving up 51.4 ppg. You do the math.

Other plays:

Tennessee -1
    OSU/Illini over 121
    BC +2.5

Good Luck!
    Last edited by unde0087; 01-20-09 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Added in Play: BC +2.5

jesron1269
    jesron1269's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with the trends and I really want to play Duke but they have been so hot and NC State is no flat out horrible. I teased down Duke in one of my plays to -7.5 but I think I am going to pass on the line either way tonight. Maybe look at a 2H bet. BOL though because this is the way I would definatley lean!

khaliagent
    khaliagent's Avatar Become A Pro!

10 straight at home in this rivalry by an average of 18.2
    lay it down big man

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 660

Quote Originally Posted by jesron1269 View Post
    I agree with the trends and I really want to play Duke but they have been so hot and NC State is no flat out horrible. I teased down Duke in one of my plays to -7.5 but I think I am going to pass on the line either way tonight. Maybe look at a 2H bet. BOL though because this is the way I would definatley lean!
    Look I am not saying by any means that this is a lock, because anyone who bets on sports knows that anything can happen. But just look at the Cuse/Pitt game last night. You see how many people had threads saying Cuse getting too many points? Same thing here, I took Pitt because Cuse played a team that plays solid defense making them work for all their shots instead of getting wide open looks like they had been. I said they would have trouble handling the toughness Pitt would bring and that Pitt would take care of business. Same thing here, NC St is young and they are going on the road to play one of the best in the country in probably the toughest place to play in the nation. Duke plays very good ball pressure defense and if you look at NC St in road games, they have a hard time scoring. This place will be rocking and loud, young teams like NC St are easily rattled in this environment. Not a good mix for NC St. It is alot of points to lay but watch most of the regular public will be on NC St just as many were on Cuse last night. NC St could play better and Duke could have an off night just as anything can happen but I highly doubt it. Nothing points to NC St, Duke routed them by 20 last season when NC St had a better team.

jesron1269
    jesron1269's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Look I am not saying by any means that this is a lock, because anyone who bets on sports knows that anything can happen. But just look at the Cuse/Pitt game last night. You see how many people had threads saying Cuse getting too many points? Same thing here, I took Pitt because Cuse played a team that plays solid defense making them work for all their shots instead of getting wide open looks like they had been. I said they would have trouble handling the toughness Pitt would bring and that Pitt would take care of business. Same thing here, NC St is young and they are going on the road to play one of the best in the country in probably the toughest place to play in the nation. Duke plays very good ball pressure defense and if you look at NC St in road games, they have a hard time scoring. This place will be rocking and loud, young teams like NC St are easily rattled in this environment. Not a good mix for NC St. It is alot of points to lay but watch most of the regular public will be on NC St just as many were on Cuse last night. NC St could play better and Duke could have an off night just as anything can happen but I highly doubt it. Nothing points to NC St, Duke routed them by 20 last season when NC St had a better team.
    I was on Pit -8 too so I hear ya, but there is a difference in eating 8 points of chalk versus 19 now 19.5. Like I said I would lean that way but it is a no play for me. BOL!