Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Moore to Purdue

Painter is on his way to the best Purdue class in quite a while...granted that may not mean too much but I'm pretty impressed that he's going to bring in the caliber of class he's on track for after a 9 win season.

Moore to Purdue

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

the boilermakers need to get alot more than this guy to make another towards the top of that big 10 conference.

Wassymac

Never said he was the savior of the program...but he plus Johnson (4* already committed), Hummel (4* who announces monday), and either Martin(4*) or Howard(4*) would be a heck of a class. Beating out the likes of Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Tennessee, and Ga. Tech for recruits isn't something Purdue basketball has seen for a while.

Of course if Hummel verbals to IU that throws a major wrench in the plans but I think he'll come with Moore to Purdue.

Wassymac

Hummel announced today he gave a verbal to Purdue. Painter's only got one more schollie left.

bigboydan

i personally don't put too much into the verbal annoucements. because, as we have seen in the past by those high school players they change there minds at a drop of a hate.

Wassymac

I get the feeling you'd prefer Purdue not to succeed BBD? Obviously verbals don't mean the kid will be playing at Purdue but it sure makes the odds pretty good (I think Davis' church swipe of Vaden is one of the only verbals not to show up at Purdue in the last 15 years). I'm just a little excited that Painter's work is paying off even after one of the worst seasons in Purdue history (in regards to suspensions, injuries, and losses). Now we get to find out if he can coach talent...IF these kids do suit up at Purdue.

bigboydan

not at all bud. i just think that gene kadey ran that program too far into the ground those last few years he was there. thats gotta factor into these kids decesions in some fashion, as well as there cellar dweller status right now.

Wassymac

The foursome is complete

Thats all four of Purdue's schollies filled for 2007. What a class it will be.

Wassymac

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    i personally don't put too much into the verbal annoucements. because, as we have seen in the past by those high school players they change there minds at a drop of a hate.
    Purdue got the 4 guys they wanted. All four of them signed their LOI's this week and Painter completes his minor miracle

Wassymac

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    not at all bud. i just think that gene kadey ran that program too far into the ground those last few years he was there. thats gotta factor into these kids decesions in some fashion, as well as there cellar dweller status right now.
    All those kids in Purdue's top of the Big Ten 2007 class are in school and ready to go. They also seemed to have helped land a couple 08 and now a couple early 09 commits.

This is the type of quote you here from the recruit...

"I've been liking Purdue since I was in seventh or eighth grade, and when coach Painter signed the recruiting class of 2007, I was like, 'Wow, I can't do much better than this,' " Barlow said.

This is the type of quote you here from the recruit's parent or high school coach...

"Our family has been impressed by coach Painter's attention to detail, and it goes far beyond the basketball court. It's academics, it's nutrition ... just everything. And everybody around the nation is talking about it."

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Michigan State wins the Big Ten next year and the national championship....

GitRDone
    GitRDone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't count out Indiana, they are loaded with possibly the best freshman in the country. They'll give MSU all they can handle and then some.

Wassymac

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Michigan State wins the Big Ten next year and the national championship....
    Wouldn't mind if they did...the fools in Bloomington will likely give them a run for their money though.

411's Avatar Become A Pro!

I expect Purdue to be much better this year and a good bet as an underdog getting points .