spurzfan3
    spurzfan3's Avatar Become A Pro!

Trap Games..?

I am loving the arizona state -1 and the xavier -1.5 lines. They are both on the road though, I have not won a road bet in ages, so tell me why I should stay away from these two..

I am thinkin a 4 team parlay here pays almost 10 to 1.

I got

Purdue -210
    Santa Clara +19.5
    Ariz St. -1
    Xavier -1.5

I havent done well in betting recently so convince me away from these some how...or is it a safe bet?

Dfjay9
    Dfjay9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3196

Rhode Island is better than you think. Check the numbers. I'm on RI if I touch that game.

strictlywinners
    strictlywinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

Purdue will lose outright tonight.

Santa Clara is one of the worst teams in college basketball they are small slow and week, Gonzaga will run it up.

Arizona State is the better team but they will lose tonight, only because I don't see USC dropping 2 in a row at home.

Xavier is good but so is RHode ISland, this game could go either way, my money will probably be on the home team though.

I suggest a 4 team parlay on the exact opposite of what you have there. Wait though because all the lines will be moving in your favor.

Maybe you should put those 4 games in straight, then wait for the lines to move and right before gametime put in parlay on the opposite as a some what sort of edge.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Rhode Island with their up tempo style and at home
    Purdue is only 1-2 in conf play, so this is a must win and they know that, also now that they are healthy again I like them in this spot.
    I also like USC for much the same reason strictly stated...must win and at home...

spurzfan3
    spurzfan3's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah see thanks guys I am just a little wearly on road teams I have been betting them and losing terribly. I may just stay away from all of these lines and just go purdue ML. I have seen northwestern play and they are pretty good at home, but with hummel and kramer back I watched purdue handle wisconsin pretty easily. Seems to be a safe pick there. I may just parlay them with some hockey games. Can't find a sure bet to go with though, I guess thats why its gambling....

strictlywinners

Westside major reason why I don't like Purdue is that the line opened at 3.5, don't you think odds makers no they are healthy again, also they just handed it to Wisconsin at home beating them by double digits, a game that many gamblers had Wisconsin. These very same gamblers that had Wisconsin and watched them get blown out by Purdue are now all about Purdue, now Purdue goes to play the worst team in their conference a team that they should beat by 30 and the opening line is 3.5, give me a break, I don't know how but Northwestern will get it done tonight. Maybe they will shoot like 90% from 3 or there will be a special rule that Northwestern 3's count as 4 and Purdue's count as one, I don't know but trust me on this one.

keitht
    keitht's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

purdue wins handidly

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Northwestern isn't the worst team in the Big 10 by the way, they arent bad at home. They beat Florida State by 14. Only home game they lost was to Michigan State by 11. MSU is the top dog in the Big 10 right now even with Purdue getting healthy.

MicGan
    MicGan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stricklywinner and TPowell.... you guys are great.
    Northwestern and Rhode Island might be a great home team, but I'm sure Purdue and Xavier knows that. I cant see how they will loose this easiest conference game. I'd agree Northwestern play Michigan St tough but they still lost by 11, other than that both home team haven't play anyone serious. If I'll lay my money.... I will with Purdue and Xavier. I'll keep my eyes on the line till later.

Speaking of Wisconsin -6.5 to Minnesota U? I'm not going to touch this game just wanna know what you guys think.

Good Luck
    Last edited by MicGan; 01-15-09 at 02:16 PM.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

NWestern has lost 12 straight home conf games....last year lost both to Purdue by an average of 20 pts...and Purdue is only 1-2 in conf play and healthier then they've been in a while...they can't afford to go 1-3 in conf play here if they expect to compete for the conf title....

strictlywinners

Very good point Pete, I just can not believe that the lines makers would be that far off on this spread, I know they are wrong alot, but this is nationally televised game that is getting alot of attention from the betting world. I know they put alot of time in effort into coming out with the sharpest line possible. I have to bet with the books toinght and take northwestern.

TPowell

yeah the thing about Purdue is that they are a volatile team. Northwestern will def. be ready to play tonight and I would go as far to say that Purdue was overrated because of how down the Big 10 was last year COMPARED to this year. The Big 10 is the second deepest conference in basketball IMO. Northwestern can really frustrate teams if they don't shoot the ball well.

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Quote Originally Posted by MicGan View Post
    Northwestern and Rhode Island might be a great home team, but I'm sure Purdue and Xavier knows that. I cant see how they will loose this easiest conference game.
    Good Luck
    Xavier and Purdue can KNOW all they want......

How are these the EASIEST conference games?? DO you even know who Jimmy Baron is?? If not... you will after tonight. I just dont get your statement about Rhode Island being "the easiest conference game" comes from. They have been extremely tough this year and have a 11-5 record.

Are you looking at these games because Xavier and Purdue are ranked?

Rhode Island SHOULD win tonight..... guess we will see tho!

MicGan
    MicGan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    Xavier and Purdue can KNOW all they want......

How are these the EASIEST conference games?? DO you even know who Jimmy Baron is?? If not... you will after tonight. I just dont get your statement about Rhode Island being "the easiest conference game" comes from. They have been extremely tough this year and have a 11-5 record.

Are you looking at these games because Xavier and Purdue are ranked?

Rhode Island SHOULD win tonight..... guess we will see tho!
    We will do! best of luck to all of us.

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

BTW... there are 2 words not allowed in the CBB forums....... TRAP and LOCK.

TPowell

I dont see RI winning, Xavier has beaten teams just as good as Rhode Island on the road by double digits twice this year. Big game for Rhode Island, so I'm not going off the deep end on this game

strictlywinners

Husker my brother actually played Jimmy Baron in one on one at school and beat him, but he did say that Baron is lights out and has unlimited range. The best player on there team is that kid Cochran, he is long can shoot and has pretty good handles. I'm impressed to see how far Baron has come since last year, because last year he didn't even belong on the team.