TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Plays for Monday 1/11

6 lined games on Monday..... only 4 worth capping IMO.

Big East Game of the Day=*

*10 Unit Play: Louisville (-6)
    10 Unit Play: Texas (+4.5)
    5 Unit Play: Citadel (+3.5)

I like Louisville BUT you should def. wait because the line should come down before tip with most of the public on ND. Louisville's press will really hurt ND because they dont have the depth to keep up. Samardo Samuels will have the oppurtunity to be a factor like the Villanova game because of ND's weak post defense. Expect a lot of short jumpers from ND in the 2nd half. I like Texas as well because I think Oklahoma is a very lucky team. They're a good team but they always seem to pull out the close ones. They haven't played the competition that Texas has though. Texas won at Wisconsin which is a very tough place to play. I also like Justin Mason and A.J. Abrams against Tony Crocker and Willie Warren when it comes to guards. I think Texas ML has a lot of value as well right now at +155.
    Last edited by TPowell; 01-12-09 at 05:01 PM.

tobycsh39
    tobycsh39's Avatar Become A Pro!

Been following you quietly most of the year waiting for football season to be over and your picks have helped me out alot. I'm new to college hoops but picking it up quickly. Love your picks for Monday! keep up the good work

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Ya i agree. I like your plays coming out early. Give me the night to see what I like and dislike and sleep on it. Keep up the good work.

MrMonkey
    MrMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

TPowell, love these picks to start the week with! Good luck and thanks! Really think it might come down? -6 would be good!

MrMonkey

strictlywinners
    strictlywinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow you look real good for tommorrow, I love all 3 of these.

so im zach
    so im zach's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Citadel will lose by more than 4, imo....

ParlayParry
    ParlayParry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I agree!!

When Louisville at home are a much better team and well and Texas need this game more, and have the big man power to slow down Griffin,I think Abrams who lives for big games will find his stroke against the sooners.

Thanks Keep it up!!!

-Parlay Parry

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Davidson look enticing. I know they are on the road where app st is 4-2 but I mean serious who have they played when compared to Davidson??? Davidson is 6-0 ATS at App St since 97' with lesser teams. I don't know too much about App St but who do they have who can match up with Curry??? Davidson has 3 losses and they are all to ranked teams. They just beat citadel by 15 on the road...I like their odds to cover the 10.5 here. Their record ATS isn't great (5-7) but if you look at them they were either much larger spreads than this or one of their losses or a close no cover. So this could be a decent pick for a short slate of games.

r2d2
    r2d2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

hey powell, good job on your big east play of the day so far this year! i was thinking the line should be more like ville -4 or so. how much do you think the line will come down? would like to see -5.5 or -5, but i don't know if it will come down that much. also, what is your opinion on the over/under for the game? i know the total has not been posted yet, but i would guess they will hang a number around 140 -145 in which case i would be thinking under.

anyone, hope our cards get it done by 10 tonight! should be a good game to watch.

MrMonkey

Looking at this game for awhile now. First look, wow ND +7! Maybe too much research, but biggest concern for ND is too many minutes played by guards with one 10 minute guy off bench. K McA played 40 last 2 games. Pitino knows this better than anybody and try to wear them down. This isn't NBA, but ND 3-1 so 3-2 isn't bad in conf.

Look at past 5-6 opponents of Louis. all of them are getting less 3 point shots than accustomed to. ND great 3 team, but less chances = less points. Louisville can only get better on Defense.

ND 340th out of 341 teams committing only 12.9 fouls a game!!! Hopefully refs keep the game tight. I wouldn't want ND's bench having to win game for me.

Look for Louis. to bang it inside and get some calls, then open up outside with better shooting than they've been getting. Louis. looking better early this year, think Louis. will wear them down and finally win game w/o last 4 minutes counting. UK & Nova games were closer than should be. 2008, Louis 90 ND 85, should have been 15-20+ win.

Final thought, ND might shoot lights out and Big Dude might go off, but getting that shot off properly when your running on empty is tough? I know the whole USA loves ND, but the only people that count are the people in that place Loui. plays in! Good luck everyone!

MrMonkey
    Last edited by MrMonkey; 01-12-09 at 11:06 AM.

hajune
    hajune's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    6 lined games on Monday..... only 4 worth capping IMO.

Big East Game of the Day=*

*10 Unit Play: Louisville (-6.5)
    10 Unit Play: Texas (+4)
    5 Unit Play: Citadel (+3.5)

I like Louisville BUT you should def. wait because the line should come down before tip with most of the public on ND. Louisville's press will really hurt ND because they dont have the depth to keep up. Samardo Samuels will have the oppurtunity to be a factor like the Villanova game because of ND's weak post defense. Expect a lot of short jumpers from ND in the 2nd half. I like Texas as well because I think Oklahoma is a very lucky team. They're a good team but they always seem to pull out the close ones. They haven't played the competition that Texas has though. Texas won at Wisconsin which is a very tough place to play. I also like Justin Mason and A.J. Abrams against Tony Crocker and Willie Warren when it comes to guards. I think Texas ML has a lot of value as well right now at +155.
    The Texas play is a good one. Look for them to win outright.( 15 units) They qualify for a long term 70% method of play. This is a strong play for me. Unfortunately I like Notre Dame in the other game as a 10 unit play.

khaliagent
    khaliagent's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey powel what do u think about teasing both louisville and oklahoma tonight?

TPowell

I dont know about teasing Oklahoma to be honest. That would be +1 in a 5 point teaser. I'd def. take Texas +9 instead. Louisville -1.5 would be a pretty good play though. Texas is a lot better on the road than ND

khaliagent
    khaliagent's Avatar Become A Pro!

aj abrams is on a huge slump right now and the total is at 138.5....should i play the under on the oklahoma game since oklahoma is 8-0 for the under in their last 8 vs. the big 12

TPowell

waited it out and got an extra .5 on both Texas and Louisville. Expected more of a drop in the UL game but oh well

MrMonkey

Advice!

TPowell my friend, one thing I will never say when I lose was I was unlucky, Do not reply to the people who will be saying the Cards were lucky, Ignore It, what happens is meant to be! Remember when Richmond screwed us against NCW winning by 7.

MrMonkey

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Davidson look enticing. I know they are on the road where app st is 4-2 but I mean serious who have they played when compared to Davidson??? Davidson is 6-0 ATS at App St since 97' with lesser teams. I don't know too much about App St but who do they have who can match up with Curry??? Davidson has 3 losses and they are all to ranked teams. They just beat citadel by 15 on the road...I like their odds to cover the 10.5 here. Their record ATS isn't great (5-7) but if you look at them they were either much larger spreads than this or one of their losses or a close no cover. So this could be a decent pick for a short slate of games.

TPowell

Louisville won but Citadel folded in the 2nd half and lost. Need Texas to cover for a winning day