strictlywinners
    strictlywinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jacksonville State +12

Uab is a very good team and I love them, but 12 is way to much. UAB has ability to over power teams with sheer athletic ability, but Jacksonville State can match them, I have watched Jacksonville State play a couple times an they have nothing but streetballers, which means if they were playing a well coached disciplined half court set team such as Duke they would probably get blown out, but they aren't they are playing UAB and UAB loves to run, Jacksonville state will hang with them all game, I see this line dropping to around 10 or so.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I LOVE this game!! UAB plays no defense...in their last home game vs a bad South Florida team they won by only 1 pt. and gave up 77 to a team avg. 62 on the year! I'm an IU grad and tried like hell to give Mike Davis a chance! The guy can recruit but his in-game strategy doesn't exist! They beat Arizona early but now they've dropped 4 in a row ATS! Senior Robert Vaden lit it up last year but avg. only 19 ppg (sub 40% shooting)!
    Jax State is 4-0 ATS on the road w/2 SU wins as double digit dogs so they're playing w/confidence! They're hitting over 42% of their 3s as well! I got 11.5 which should be more than enough!!

UAB 81
    Jax State 77

GL!!
    Last edited by Mr Handicapable; 12-17-08 at 11:08 AM.

strictlywinners

I see the game exactly as you do, up and down, tight throughout, no team with more then 8 point lead the whole game, just going back and forth trading baskets, its the kind of game offensive minded players love to play.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

What do you think of st Mary's -2.5 and Texas Tech +2.5

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seems to be a favorite play of many. I'm probably using it although it's starting to drop already at 11.5 and I think will go lower. So get it now! Jax has played two quality opponents on the road - UMASS & S.Carolina and covered both. UAB is a good squad, but so far this season - they don't look like they can blow out a team that shoots well.

MoneySportsGuy
    MoneySportsGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah I agree with what your all saying, when USF almost won against UAB, it showed to me UAB is overrated. I think Jacksonville St covers, and if UAB is off shooting, Jacksonville St even has a chance to win straight up.

strictlywinners

Absolutely, it is not so much that UAB is overrated, on the contrary, I feel they are a good team and can play with any team in the country, well except for maybe UNC cause well they are basically a Pro team. Anyway the reason they can't cover against a good offensive team i because defensively they are lacking, so they will score and Jacksonville will score +12 is alot of points to cover if you aren't getting stops, therefore Jacksonville State covers easy, I would have made this spread +7 maybe +8.

MoneySportsGuy
    MoneySportsGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah I agree stictlywinners, I meant to say they were highly overrated in that USF game, as I capped that one as USF winning and they came pretty darn close, considering that line in that game UAB was favored I think -11.5. But your right, its the D that is lacking which I think if Jacksonville St can capitalize on its going to be a close game for the spread.

strictlywinners

Yup, and yes you were right about USF game they were heavily overrated, as we saw Vani just spanked USF, why because Vandi plays defense therefore the easy shots USF was making against USF, they could no longer make against Vandi. I think I am start to talk myself into liking the over in this Jacksonville State vs. UAB game as well. I just can't see how it can go under unless both teams are really really off.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love this play...agree with everything said in the thread and are on Jacksonville St as well

GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by strictlywinners View Post
    Uab is a very good team and I love them, but 12 is way to much. UAB has ability to over power teams with sheer athletic ability, but Jacksonville State can match them, I have watched Jacksonville State play a couple times an they have nothing but streetballers, which means if they were playing a well coached disciplined half court set team such as Duke they would probably get blown out, but they aren't they are playing UAB and UAB loves to run, Jacksonville state will hang with them all game, I see this line dropping to around 10 or so.

jesron1269
    jesron1269's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is my favorite play of the day too... it reminds me of Tenn Tech last night and they were leading that game at times until the last five minutes of the game. I do not even might a small ML play on this game. BOL!

Jayy
    Jayy's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like this play, lucky i got it at +12. it has dropped to +9.5
    BOL

keitht
    keitht's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

sorry to bust everyones bubble, but uab wins by 20

keitht

waiting till it drops more then hammering uab first half and game

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

adios to these homos

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

well there goes my parlay...oh well.

Gundog
    Gundog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

No Doubt, i capped this game and thought it had value.
    Lets only hope for the best.

keitht

uab lookin good..... got them at 9.... im McLovin it

Gundog

Good Job

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

well J St is 8-22 and UAB is 11-19 (5-7 from 3) so that expalins the huge lead. Hopefully it equalizes more in the 2nd.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Down 20 at half...figures!! Maybe UAB takes the 2nd half off....Lord knows Indiana never played all 40 minutes under Davis! Oh well...pissed my bowl game bankroll on this stupid game but there's still the 2nd half to be played?

strictlywinners

This game is in the books, terrible play by me.

keitht

hope everyone doubled up on uab second half.... this game is all over....... good night

Gundog

Yep
    Turn out the lights

keitht

Is that the jack st. girls team..... uab is rolllllinnn