TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Earky Peek at Thursday's Card

Valpo at Youngstown State (+3)

Both of these teams are terrible. I'm leaning Y-State ML to be honest. Valpo hasnt won away from home, but Y-State has only beat a D-? school. Their last 2 games were very close however. A 2 point loss to Robert Morris on the road and a 1 point loss to St Francis (PA) at home. Not totally sure on this game though.

UConn (-14.5) at Buffalo

This seems like a game you would pound UConn, but Buffalo has been pretty impressive so far. UConn has beat everybody by double digits outside of an early game against La Salle. Buffalo nearly beat Niagara and did beat Temple by double digits in their last 2 games. The 14.5 points seems generous, but Buffalo has played pretty good this year at home and you never know when UConn will not show up. I would lean towards UConn but no play as of now

USC at Oklahoma (-8)

Line seems pretty solid from what I first thought, but USC might be a tad overrated right now. They were 1-2 in the preseason tournament they played in, which was their only games away from home so far this season. These losses came against Seton Hall and Missouri. If Missouri can beat them by double digits on a neutral court, I believe Oklahoma can do that at home. I've got Oklahoma as a solid play right now.

Saint Mary's (-3) at Kent State

At first glance, Saint Mary's seems to be the play. Kent State beat Saint Mary's 65-57 last February. Kent State has played quality competition thus far and have beaten UNC Wilmington and Saint Louis at home. Saint Mary's lost its only road game to UTEP by 13 points. They came back and defeated Cal State Fullerton and Providence on a neutral site. Really torn on this game right now. Kent State isn't a bad team, but can Saint Mary's win on the road?

Western Michigan at VCU (-12)

Initially I think that VCU couldn't be made much higher of a favorite because maybe nobody would bet them. VCU has already lost 3 games but they were all away from home. Losses to Rhode Island, East Carolina, and Vandy doesn't make VCU any worse than what they were thought to be. Western Michigan is 1-4 away from home this season. One loss was an 11 point loss to SIU-Edwardsville!! The only win was a 3 point win at Sam Houston State. I really like VCU here, maybe just a small play though.

Butler at Cleveland State (-3)

As I type this, Cleveland State has moved from -2.5 to -3. I am absolutely stunned by this, but I do see that Clev. State has played very well this year. Butler has played good as well though. Butler beat Drake by 10 points on the road already this season. Butler has played great defense all year and I'm not sure Cleveland State is better than Butler. Seems a little square of me, but I like Butler plus the points.

Wright State at Wisconsin-Green Bay (-9.5)

First glance I havent seen anything that looks good. Wright State is pretty bad, but UWGB isn't a team that should be blowing teams out of the water. The teams have met 10 times since 2004 and I see that Wright State has won EVERY game at UWGB. I like how UWGB has been playing lately though. They beat UMass and Morgan State by 15+ points and beat Marshall by 6 points. They were beaten by Valpo and Utah in their only road games. I'm going to say that I have NO CLUE.

Detroit at Wisconsin Milwaukee (-5)

UW-Milwaukee looks like the play because IMO Detroit is god awful. They're what come to me when I think of awful NCAA teams. Detroit isn't as bad as I thought, but they are awful on the road. Losses to Depaul, Purude, and Western Michigan aren't terrible, but the WM loss sticks out. UWM has struggled scoring in it's last 2 games and Detroit has played good defense all year. I would want to tease this game if I played it either way. I would still slightly lean towards UWM because of how bad Detroit has been blown out on the road by a team like Western Michigan.

UCLA at Texas (-5)

Are you kidding me? UCLA hasn't proved anything to me this year. Texas should be able to at least win this game by 5. UCLA has been put to the test by EVERY decent team they've played. They only won by 5 against Miami Ohio, lost to Michigan by 3, and they haven't played a road game yet. Only solid win was a 17 point win over Southern Illinois, who is also overrated (at least now). Texas has already beat Oregon and St Josephs by double digits and played Notre Dame to a 1 point game. I'm locking in Texas right now, well I'm waiting until I see the first line movement to make sure I can't get a better line.

Oklahoma State at Washington (-5)

Tough game to predict here. Oklahoma State got embarassed by Gonzaga and Michigan State, but did beat Siena and a few other teams including Tulsa and North Texas. Washington lost early at Portland and then lost big to Kansas, but came back and played Florida close in a preseason tournament. Washington is usually pretty solid at home and Oklahoma State isn't the best road team ever. I think Washington will own the boards against OK State and I think Washington is the play, but I dont like giving 5 points.

TPowell

I see 7 other games left I havent touched yet, but I will before the night is over. I'm thinking about getting a camcorder were I can at least post vidoes instead of typing all this. Didn't know if anybody would be interested in this or not.

TPowell

Charleston (-5) at Elon

Big key here is home court advantage I guess. Elon hasn't beat anybody other than a D-? team this year. Charleston has already beat South Carolina and TCU on a neutral court. Their only loss came at home against Temple by 5 points. Elon idd manage to stay within 9 of Virginia Tech on the road, but that was by far Elon's best performance and I really think Charleston will blow Elon out of the water. I'll make this an average sized play because it's a little to low marquee of a game to make this a huge play.

The Citadel at UNC-Greensboro (-8)

Another meeting of mediocre teams, but I dont see how Citadel is an 8 point dog. UNC Greensboro just isn't a good team and have lost by double digits every game outside of their lone win against a D-? team. The Citadel was blown out by Iowa and at VCU, but they have played everybody else within 8 points, including a 5 point loss to Central Arkansas. They did win at Charleston Southern and against Grambling State. I would lean towards the Citadel in this game.

Jesse Black
    Jesse Black's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're amazing! You already did Thursday's work. Great job with the write ups. Thanks for sharing your work. I hope you have a great season.

dr123
    dr123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dam you are on the ball man! Hell yah lets cash em!

TPowell

thanks, I didnt see a lot I liked to be honest. I really like Oklahoma -8 a lot, but I'm worried USC might slow the game down

TPowell

actually I like Texas too. I might parlay those 2 to be honest

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're F-ing relentless. I'm still worried about making cash tonight and you're alrady onto tomorrow.

Clone Joint
    Clone Joint's Avatar Become A Pro!

TP, what is your view on the Tennessee-Martin (2-3) @ Morehead State (1-6). The game is a PK for most sites and actually have seen TM at +1. Im guessing the fact that Morehead beat them twice last year might have something to do with this otherwise i would say pound TM.

dr123
    dr123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im tailing you tommorow Tpowell, along with some others... I just got a big check so im gonna wager with it... Hope i can get up.

TPowell

well I'm guaranteed to be up but ****in Fl. State just collapsed and WV is down now too

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

TPowell, simply awesome with the writeups...

MoneySportsGuy
    MoneySportsGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

lets cash some tomorrow TPow

Kingctb27
    Kingctb27's Avatar Become A Pro!

Going to try to stay away from all games tomorrow besides OU. They should dominate this team. A -4 1H would be a gift.

MoneySportsGuy

tomorrows games look like crap

OffSide31
    OffSide31's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texas has moved to -6 on pinny

Godzilla
    Godzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Texas, Conn, and Butler. But not too much going on tomorrow. Might wait til Saturday when there are a crap load of games.

MoneySportsGuy

Yeah Butler looks good

$Bnizi
    $Bnizi's Avatar Become A Pro!

loving UConn -14.5

Jesse Black
    Jesse Black's Avatar Become A Pro!

This card really sucks. vALPO a road favorite?
    Green Bay laying 10? You gotta be a desperado to bet these games. U Conn is starting to look like the best play on the board.

$Bnizi
    $Bnizi's Avatar Become A Pro!

The top teams have been really good ATS this year even with big numbers. 14.5 is not that big and UCONN is definitely a top team. I see them rolling in this spot.

TPowell

yeah there were a decent amount of games, but not many that stood out. Will look into UConn but I really like Texas and Oklahoma. I hopped on the opening lines in both of those. Also interested in how the public has pounded Cleveland State at home against Butler

Lout84
    Lout84's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oklahoma looks great considering how USC went toe to toe with SF and SF looks like a scrub team against Cal POLY last night. USC has got to be vastly over rated.