TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Monday Plays

Missouri State at Central Michigan (+1)

Missouri State lost their 2 leading scorers in Dale Lamberth and Deven Mitchell from last year. They both averaged over 14 points a game and 5+ rebounds rebounds a game. They're left with 2 guys that can score the basketball and both of these guys only averaged 8 points a game last year. Missouri State only scored 60 points in their 15 point loss to Auburn. Central Michigan also lost a lot of talent from last year, but senior forward Chris Kellermann is an outstanding player that is poised for a breakout year. Kellermann scored 28 points and pulled down 13 rebounds in their 55-53 win over Princeton. Central Michigan just had trouble shooting the basketball outside of Kellermann. I wouldn't expect that slump to carry over into the game tommorow against Missouri State. Missouri State is in the rebuilding process after having some solid teams lately.

Loyola Chicago at Georgia (-6.5)

Georgia might not be the team that they were towards the end of last year, but I do believe that the confidence will spill over to this season. They were really a Cinderella story to get into the Big Dance last year. Loyola Chicago struggled, to say the least in their first game of this season. Division 2 team, Rockhurst, knocked off Loyola Chicago 86-79 on November 14th. Even guard J.R. Blount's 42 points couldn't push the Hawks past a Divison 2 team. If Loyola-Chicago couldn't handle a Divison 2 team, they won't be able to keep up with a confident Georgia team. Georgia lost a true scorer in Sundiata Gaines who was a huge part of the offense last season, but as the season continued last year, more Bulldog players seemed to gain confidence to shoot the basketball. I actually like this play more than any of the games I've bet the last few days. In my mind, nobody would bet Georgia if the line was closer to what it should be (-12 or so) so linemakers decided to try to find the line that would generate the most even betting. Use this to your advantage and pound Georgia!
    Last edited by TPowell; 11-17-08 at 02:06 PM.

TPowell

Rest of Card

UAB (-9.5)
    Oklahoma State (-10.5)
    Missouri (-7) 1H
    Marist (-5)
    Siena (-12)
    Purdue (-11.5) 1H
    Brown (+12)
    Last edited by TPowell; 11-17-08 at 02:08 PM.

ohmigods
    ohmigods's Avatar Become A Pro!

love CMU play
    also playing it,along with
    Siena & UAB

GL

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Brown one seems way too easy, doesn't it?

TPowell

yeah thats true eagles, but Rutgers was like +4 against Delaware and they won straight up. I think it might be too early for Vegas to really set traps

EaglesPhan36

The Rutgers one I just thought was a horrible line and just did not understand it whatsoever. This one is tricky. Most people are basing Brown off the close lost to Rhode Island who then barely lost to Duke. But Brown is still a middle-tier Ivy League school on its best day while Mason is a probable contender in the Colonial again albeit with different personnel. This line really is almost more about Rhode Island than Brown. Do you think RIU is as good as they were against Duke? Was Duke just flat? Too many questions for me at the end of the day.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just missing the boat on this one, but I'm going to stay away from it because my Spidey Sense is tingling.

TPowell

maybe Brown isn't a great team, but it shouldn't take a great team to stay within 12 points of George Mason. I just don't expect this to be a scorefest and I think Brown will at least keep it within single digits. I'm not saying that Brown will beat GMU by any means, but I do think they can keep it within the spread

EaglesPhan36

Oh I understand completely. You and I were on the same page with Rutgers yesterday as I think we both though they should have been favored. I looked at this Brown one and the Cornell one as possible plays today, but the Brown one is just weirding me out and Cornell's injury issues are pushing me away from that game.

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

are these all 1 unit plays?

TPowell

no, Georgia and Central Michigan are 2 unit plays

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

GL, on C michigan. take a look at the under, C Mich has strong defense