Awilliamson19
    Awilliamson19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

AW College Basketball Preseason Top 10!

I know its a little early for this , but I'll go ahead and post now. Subject to change ALOT before the season begins in seven months. Opinions , complaints , criticism , and disagreements are welcome as always..

1. North Carolina - UNC is basically returning their entire team that made a great run to the elite eight this year. Harrison Barnes really picked up his play over the last 15-20 games and was expected to test the draft waters out. Should be a great year for UNC.

2. Syracuse - Practically returning every player for next year from a team that won 27 games this year. Losing Rick Jackson to the draft , but shouldnt hurt too bad. Will be a talented , mature group who knows what it takes to win.

3. Duke - Maybe a little bit of a stretch here , but I believe they will be near the top. Returning some important starters and also have one of the best recruiting classes in the country. Austin Rivers will be a hell of a point guard for this team.

4. Kentucky - Losing some key pieces to the draft and probably their best player in Brandon Knight. As always , Calipari has put together a great recruiting class . Look for them to contend as always.

5. Ohio State - Sullinger returning was the best news Thad Matta has ever heard. This team was number one overall going into March Madness but got burned by Kentucky. Look for them to contend next March. Experience will be a huge factor for Sullinger next season.

6. Louisville - Losing Knowles will hurt , but it wont hurt much. Returning some key pieces and bringing in some nice recruits. Seems like Pitino always finds a way.

7. Connecticut - Defending National Champions. Losing Kemba Walker will definitly hurt , but look for Jeremy Lamb to step up next year and play like a star. Nice recruiting class. Its Connecticut. Theyll be near the top as always.

8. Florida - This is probably might "out on the limb" pick althought its not much of a bold prediction at all. They are returning alot and came really close this year. Erving Walker plays with alot of heart and Billy Donovan knows how to coach winners. I think theyll surprise alot of people next year.

9. Memphis - Dont quote me on this , but I dont think they are losing anything. They pretty much return the entire team and bring in a great recruiting class. Signing Stan Simpson really bolsters this recruiting class. Simpson is a JUCO standout and should bring some experience and athletic ability to this team.

10. Butler - Im going with a hunch here and saying that Shelden Mack will return to school. Mack has declared for the draft but hasnt hired an agent and has untill May 8th to withdraw. I figure he comes back to school. If not , Butler drops out of my top 10. Not a bad recruiting class for Butler either(<--- I know I said that for every team , but hell , recruiting is good this year in the top 10.)

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

I would of agreed with Butler until Shelvin Decided to declare for the NBA I really thought he was the type of player who would of finished his senior seasoon. None the less Butler will still be a top 25 pre season team though

Awilliamson19
    Awilliamson19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I agree. Shelvin actually staying in the draft hurts Butlers top 10 chances entering next season.. I'd say maybe Wisconsin jumps into that number 10 spot now.. I still believe Butler stays in the top 20 though..

EasyHustlin
    EasyHustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

I might take Ohio State to win the title @ +800. Returning Sullinger, Buford, Craft and Thomas, plus a solid recruiting class. I really don't think there is better value for a team this talented.