bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

VCU was the #1 debated team that shouldnt even be IN this 195 team field!

Unreal

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

they really seized their oppurtunity. Im hoping they can finish off Kansas here and get to the final 4

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

bettilimbroke999

March Madness is definitely living up to its name

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

195 teams? You must be a math professor at MIT.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

this is BS it should of been Colorado making this run instead

bettilimbroke999

Who had VCU and Butler in the final 4 in their brackets?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

It looks like the "one-two year and done player plan" is not working as well as the "mid-level 4 year player plan" is.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

its about as insane as it gets---talks of expanding the field to come

Prop Bet Master
    The road to nowhere leads to me!
    Prop Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Reminds me of George Mason's run to the Final Four in 2006.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I keep thinking about how Jay Bilas and Dick Vitale were absolutely crying an absolute foul over the inclusion of UAB and VCU in this tourney over the likes of Vagie Tech. I can't help but think that VCU is using this as an absolute motivating factor. I think it is absolutely hysterical that a #11 and #8 seed are in the Final Four. The big boys are no longer what they used to be. The point made by Mr KLC above is spot-on from my perspective. The big boys better change their strategy and start playing some of these mid-majors on neutral floors and/or on the road. If they don't, they have the potential of being left behind. I say, "good riddance". I think some of these bracket buster games that are played in February should include some of these middle of the road major conference schools. The likes of Mizzou, Michigan State and USC didn't deserve invitiations to the dance and it showed. Get somebody in there that can compete. It means a whole helluva lot more to a mid-major to make the dance than it does to these average major conference teams. Case in point is VCU. It meant the world to them to get in and stick it to the world. I know this is easy to say in hind sight but I like the stories of these mid-majors plus they play their guts out to get to the top. Today, you could literally see the Jayhawks buttholes puckerin' up right before your eyes.....not so good to be king when the team your playing has ABSOLUTELY nothing to lose.

E

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    its about as insane as it gets---talks of expanding the field to come
    Man how fuckin bad do you have to be to not get in this tourney, I swear the NIT just needs to close up shop, if you cant qualify for this 1.30353 x 10^6 field do you really need to be playing for a "championship", who won the NIT this year some kids from the Special Olympics?

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Apparently 2 folks from the espn brackets got all 4 teams in the Final Four correct.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

The talking heads still believe VCU should have been left out of the dance. They were right about UAB, but should acknowledge they were dead wrong about VCU. Those bastards can play.

NDIrish9
    NDIrish9's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry mongolid, it was UAB.

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

unbelieveable...can't wait to watch both final four games...i'm hoping butler or vcu can win it all

gafl
    gafl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 706

Would love to see either Butler or VCU win it all. Anything to piss off the NCAA.

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

How many times must I say this but 1 game scenerios lead to scrub teams advancing. If VCU played Kansas best 4 out of 7 what do you think the outcome would be? The NBA playoffs are the real playoffs.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

yeah they shouldn't have gotten it, but they did a good job of using that.

NDIrish9
    NDIrish9's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gafl View Post
    Would love to see either Butler or VCU win it all. Anything to piss off the NCAA.
    Quite the contrary, dumbass. VCU/Butler as champion would make the NCAA ecstatic.

Duke/Butler had the best ratings in eons last year.

People love the underdog. This year's ratings will be similar to last.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    i had butler in final 4.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

but my other three picks were kansas, syracuse and arizona

asdfghasdfgh
    asdfghasdfgh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    The talking heads still believe VCU should have been left out of the dance. They were right about UAB, but should acknowledge they were dead wrong about VCU. Those bastards can play.
    But VCU should have been left out. Having a great run in the post season doesn't change the fact that they had a worse regular season than Colorado or Virginia Tech. They're making the most of their opportunity, but they never should have been given that opportunity in the first place.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Apparently 2 folks from the espn brackets got all 4 teams in the Final Four correct.
    Post a link to this I need to see this with my own eyes.

asdfghasdfgh
    asdfghasdfgh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    Post a link to this I need to see this with my own eyes.
    http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/en/entry?entryID=1079446

This is the only bracket I see with 320 points in the Elite Eight round.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

who cares about popular teams? this way is much more interesting. i'm glad that either butler or vcu is going to be in the final, this could never happen in the nba, where you have to win 4 out of 7. this is more like life, where you get one chance. if you're in a fight with a bear you don't have to kick the bear's ass 4 out of 7 times, you just have to survive once, and you're ALIVE baby!!!

TrapperDapper
    TrapperDapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4703

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    195 teams? You must be a math professor at MIT.
    HAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. How did you come up with number?

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12515

A head scratcher that all four number ones can watch the rest of the season on their couch.

jlgarciaiii22
    jlgarciaiii22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3722

Just goes to show you... You make a team feel not wanted or deserving they will play with a chip on thier shoulder...

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    How many times must I say this but 1 game scenerios lead to scrub teams advancing. If VCU played Kansas best 4 out of 7 what do you think the outcome would be? The NBA playoffs are the real playoffs.
    Its March madness babyyyyyy, the whole excitement rests on the fact that a team like VCU can play 10 miles over their heads for a few games and knock off #1s, maybe win the whole thing

This is why the 1st rd of the NBA playoffs is so fuckin boring, for instance my Memphis Grizzlies are gonna face San Antonio (worst seed/top seed), if it was a 1 game playoff (like NFL/NCAAB) then I could hope they could go into San Antonio and shoot lights out for 48 minutes and knock them off, as it is the finals will be Lakers or San Antonio vs Chicago/Boston/Miami guaranteed, the other 11 teams are guaranteed a 1st or 2nd rd elimination.

I love March madness, teams like VCU and Butler are clearly not "better" than #1 seeds but for one game they can stand with them and beat them, think of the movie miracle, if we played them 10 times theyd prolly beat us 9 but not this time not tonight, thats the whole excitement of it, plus with the expanded 195 team field playing 7 game series would take til next March
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 03-28-11 at 12:11 PM.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    who cares about popular teams? this way is much more interesting. i'm glad that either butler or vcu is going to be in the final, this could never happen in the nba, where you have to win 4 out of 7. this is more like life, where you get one chance. if you're in a fight with a bear you don't have to kick the bear's ass 4 out of 7 times, you just have to survive once, and you're ALIVE baby!!!
    Exactly, ppl dont understand championships, when the Giants played the Patriots a couple years ago they were clearly the worse team vs the undefeated Patriots, but they shoved their foot so far up NE ass that Tom Brady couldnt have homo sex for a month just like VCU did to Kansas, that's fuckin what sports is all about, stepping up and delivering when its all on the line.

Also once again the field in the NCAA should be around 16 teams for a championship, instead its 195, they cant possibly have these long drawn out "insure the best teams have 2nd and 3rd and 4th chances to finally step up and play well" series like they do in other sports
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 03-28-11 at 12:23 PM.

zg816179
    zg816179's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

VCU has been incredible, but it is definitely not just win one game and your good, VCU had to play and beat 5 good teams, thats like beating a bear .... and then doing it again like 4 times. so the comparison to the NBA finals is kind of similar!

Brian891
    Brian891's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3624

I would say the one and two year plan is still working pretty damn well, considering kentucky is in the final four.