clc49
    clc49's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Brad Stevens

is a top 5 coach in america.

He's taken Butler to back to back final fours. When is he going to start getting... 1. the respect he deserves and 2. some of the top recruits.

Stevens is doing this with 3 star recruits at best... its refreshing to see a coach of his caliber at a mid major and being successful with marginal talent but imagine what he can do with big time players. Teaching the 4 and 5 stars how to actually play the game the right way. (Instead of them going to Calipari and running up and down the court playing pick up) I know he signed that 12 year deal or whatever but do you think hell be at Butler much longer. He has to be the top coach for a big time job. Is the fear of him leaving the main reason why he cant get studs?

I'm terrible when it comes to predicting where he would go, but if an opportunity like Texas, UCLA, Duke, Carolina, any big time program for the sake of the argument, would he take it? He would have to wouldn't he? If not, and he does stay at Butler for the 12 years, when can he start getting the caliber players he deserves?

Scout.com has two 3 stars coming in one 2 star and a NR for next years recruiting class. If I was a recruit I would love to play for him.

My only thinking is the recruits for 2011-2012 thought Butler was a fluke last year and Hayward was the reason that they went so far. (Scout also has Hayward listed as a 2 star recruit) I hope to see them get a few big signs in 2012.

IAMWINNER
    IAMWINNER's Avatar Become A Pro!

No 5 star will ever go to Butler because they play in the Horizon league and their games are never on TV during conference play.

chiliv5
    chiliv5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Winner- missing the point i think- back to back final 4's and got to the final game last year...... who needs 5 star recruits???? they are doing it their way- not the 5 star recruit look at me shoot 40 times way. how much more do they have to prove for eveyone to realize they don't need 5 star recruits to get the job done?????

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

First of all he gets a ton of respect. If you've been watching any of these games, the commentators, analysts, and coaches are talking about Brad Stevens as one of the best coaches in college.

And no way will 5 star recruits go to Butler while they play in that tiny conference.

joekane88
    joekane88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

best coach in AMerica

not leaving Butler

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6495

Dude is amazing. Hope he wins it all

Raleigh77
    Raleigh77's Avatar Become A Pro!

He is an unbelievable coach.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

he was all this before the tournament started, nobody pays attention unless your school is flashy

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

i can think of coaches who i would put in Stevens' class, but i cannot think of a single one that i would argue is better than Stevens. he is 5*.

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

Any 5* player is one and done. Those aren't the players that go to butler. Butler is good because it has 3 and 4 year player who have developed and know how to play as a team. Florida should have one that game by exploiting thier weak inside game, but they lost by taking bad 3 point shots.