shawnjohn5
    Always looking for a local!
    shawnjohn5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Arizona... What do you think..??

I put down $60 on a futures bet on Arizona at +2200 to win the west, so if they win today I'll get a nice little healthy victory of $1320. I am trying to come up with a smart way to hedge this thing, the line is small and the ml isn't much better. I don't wanna middle myself here, and lose both bets, what's the smartest way to throw down say $300 or so, should I money line it with Uconn?? I have followed both teams since uconn won the hawaii classic, and I watch just about every arizona game all year. I won big money taking the 9.5 the other day, I'm am trying to be unbiased here, but I feel Arizona will win this game tomorrow. I picked them in my bracket to go to the final 4, and they are one victory away, but I dont wanna give up GUARANTEED money and not hedge. Also i have a smaller futures bet on unc winning it all. I got them at +1800 for $60, and would win $1080 on that one, any thoughts on either of these two situations!?!? Thanks for the help, btw, I have a 3 team teaser tomorrow, let me know what you think!?!!!

Pacers +11
    Arizona +11
    Butler +12.5 $1500/1000. I'm not big on teasers but this one looked rather juicy!!! Any thoughts guys let me know, thanks!!!

vietphatty
    vietphatty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Put a couple hundred on uconn ML

WarEagle43
    WarEagle43's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2180

Well did Arizona shut down a pretty good Duke team, or did Duke beat themselves? And do you feel that AZ has played their best ball of the tourney? I like your teaser, but dont know about Pacer ball at all..I do think zona played their a###s off to beat Duke and made it look pretty easy... they are a great team, and if they keep that intensity rolling they move on..11 looks about right even if they have a total collapse they should cover that. still considering your options on your futures. but liking your teaser..BOL

shawnjohn5

I appreciate the responses guys, I'll probably end up putting some down on uconn moneyline. Both of these teams are hot as heck right now, and Williams and Walker are BOTH on missions. Arizona has had a tougher road to the elite 8 knocking off Texas, and knocking off duke, vs uconn who knkocked off Bucknell, Cincy, and Sd State. Any ida's about the unc future, or do I have to wait and see if they can get to the final 4, then possibly make a move. Going to bed, goodnight...

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Become a SBR pro with all this new dough you are rolling in

Ketch
    Ketch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2532

Definitely hedge with uconn

ChaseMoney
    ChaseMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!

The UConn ML is what? -125? Seems reasonable to just put a couple stacks on that and guarantee a profit. Hell, better yet(because this might be a close game) wait til' halftime and drop a 2nd half bet if necessary.

linehawk
    linehawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

I'm on Arizona ML +135. I think Derrick Williams and Momo Jones knock down critical shots and get enough defensive stands to win outright. May give the under a closer look.

shawnjohn5

Chase great idea. Thanks man.

Prop Bet Master
    The road to nowhere leads to me!
    Prop Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you haven't already hedged, another option is if you have live in play wagering, you could wait and try to get better odds on Connecticut. That's what I would do. If I didn't get amazing odds on Connecticut, I would just let it ride. That's just how I am. It's called gambling, man. Arizona should win anyway. But it's your money.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

gl man