nickthedick88
    nickthedick88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Skip Bayless throws around the L word

When it comes to picking tonight's winner between Duke and Arizona, Skip Bayless could not sit still, wait nevermind thats pretty normal. But anyways he proceeded to say " I got this one" and "Duke is a LOCK." I wish I hadn't turned on 1st and ten as soon as I woke up because I liked Duke to spank Zona especially with Irving back in the lineup even before Skip gave his 2 cents. But Bayless throws out the card and now I am pissed. Almost makes me wanna take AZ now. Skip is usually fade material for me ATS but I really think he's right. I need someone to get me back on track here and tell me why Duke wins this by 9+.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Duke by a dozen because:
    - Arizona is a one-man team, and Duke has 15 fouls they can use on Williams with Kelly and the Plumlee goons. also, Williams has had problems with foul trouble, and if he's on the bench, AZ is in trouble
    - Arizona is not that strong defensively. while they defend the three-point line well, they allow teams to shoot 50.6% from inside the arc. that's bad, like bottom 20% of teams in the country bad, and Duke can take advantage.
    - Duke has the advantage in depth and balance. If AZ needs a bucket, it's generally Williams, Momo Jones or kicking it for a three. Duke defends the three well (31.6%, 34th nationally) and is even better inside the arc (42.9%, 15th nationally). Nolan Smith is nearly as stellar a scoring option for Duke as Williams is for AZ, but Duke also has Singler, Irving and some good outside shooters in their own right.
    - AZ could easily have lost either of its first two games, and didn't execute well down the stretch. fortunately, they were playing Memphis and, possibly the worst-coached team around, Texas
    - the public loves AZ, and the sentiment seems to be "well, Duke barely beat Michigan." well, Duke had a 15-point lead that they gave away in one of the worst endgames i've seen from Duke, and UM shot very well down the stretch. i don't think we'll see Duke play that poor a final 10 minutes two games in a row.
    - i despise Duke and i'm all over them tonight (not that my opinion is so important - just pointing out this isn't because i'm a Duke homer).

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Typical Bayless, eating chalk and talking lock, great fade material. I'll take the dog value with everyone else on the dookies.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Typical Bayless, eating chalk and talking lock, great fade material. I'll take the dog value with everyone else on the dookies.
    60-67% of public on Arizona depending upon where you look.

also, let's be honest: Bayless wasn't talking about the spread. he's talking about who will win the game SU. i'm not sure why they even bother discussing 9-point faves on the ML, but when you have that much airtime to fill with that little information, even Jemele Hill gets a turn. they might as well ask: "Okay, Skip, who do you like - the US or Libya?"

nickthedick88
    nickthedick88's Avatar Become A Pro!

ur absolutely right biff skip talks outta his ass alot. I do like to use him as fade material, but this writeup def will keep me on the dukies tonight. I AM IN the same boat as u, where i cannot stand duke and will never cheer for them unless i got money on that team.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by nickthedick88 View Post
    ur absolutely right biff skip talks outta his ass alot. I do like to use him as fade material, but this writeup def will keep me on the dukies tonight. I AM IN the same boat as u, where i cannot stand duke and will never cheer for them unless i got money on that team.
    yeah, if he said that Florida or UConn was a lock, i'd be more moved. i was glad to see that line moving back up to 9 at Pinny and Greek, that's when i snagged -8'. i'm not a huge trend player, but i liked this one: since 2003, there have been 23 faves of at least 5.5 points in the Sweet 16, and only one has lost outright (Cuse last year to Butler), and the faves are 14-8-1 ATS winning by an average of 11.7 points. bottomline: i think that the high number is a solid signal that Duke is the play, even as it convinces the public to pound AZ. BOL to us.

Covy
    Covy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1430

Arizona shouldn't be playing tonight to begin with...the 5 second call on Texas

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Covy View Post
    Arizona shouldn't be playing tonight to begin with...the 5 second call on Texas
    i had the over. it was the first time in his life that Jim Burr swallowed his whistle.

to your point, i've never seen a five-second call where the player is asking for a time-out.
    Player: "Time-out! Time-out!"
    Ref: "No."

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

I heard that the rule is you cannot call timeout after 4 seconds.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    my understanding is that Seth Davis said that after the game and perhaps some others as well, but i also heard that Davis later corrected himself via Twitter than there is in fact no "4 second rule." i know that it's not actually in the rule book now. i saw somewhere that it was in the rule book but removed about 10 years ago.

A Mayland
    A Mayland's Avatar Become A Pro!

The fact that u believe when someone says something is a lock effects the outcome of the game makes me laugh. No Joke I think Arizona and Duke players were watching 1st and 10 and were like aw we gotta team up now and go against Bayless cause he said we were a lock. Also I would think that Bayless was just talking straight up not with the spread so does that mean the Zona is gonna win straight up now?!

Arizona is a

What are you going to do now? Someone has said Arizona is a and Duke is a

Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    ^ Is correct, I was wondering the same thing and after the game there was a debate about it.

drunkenbeaver
    drunkenbeaver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Save your moneys. Don't follow Skip Bayless.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Duke for two main reasons:

1. Coach K

2. Kyrie Erving, Nolan Smith, Seth Currry >>>>>>>>>>> Momo Jones and Kyle Fogg

Zona has a pretty weak backcourt. And Coach K is going to draw up a big time gameplan to stop Derrick Williams. No one else is going to be ready to step up on that Zona team.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by A Mayland View Post

^ Is correct, I was wondering the same thing and after the game there was a debate about it.
    yeah, but after that debate, Seth Davis then said on Twitter that he was wrong about the four-second rule in said debate, it used to be a rule but is no longer.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

the lock word means nothing , and i mean nothing at all its like saying its a lipstick and tomato game. means nothing , if you like duke you need to hammer then... gl

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

skip bayless is a fucken fagget. str8 up

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by nickthedick88 View Post
    When it comes to picking tonight's winner between Duke and Arizona, Skip Bayless could not sit still, wait nevermind thats pretty normal. But anyways he proceeded to say " I got this one" and "Duke is a LOCK." I wish I hadn't turned on 1st and ten as soon as I woke up because I liked Duke to spank Zona especially with Irving back in the lineup even before Skip gave his 2 cents. But Bayless throws out the card and now I am pissed. Almost makes me wanna take AZ now. Skip is usually fade material for me ATS but I really think he's right. I need someone to get me back on track here and tell me why Duke wins this by 9+.
    Duke should lose then, and YOU fail by quoting a toolbox ESPN talking head that doesn't actually watch sports. F ESPN and F Bayless.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    60-67% of public on Arizona depending upon where you look.

also, let's be honest: Bayless wasn't talking about the spread. he's talking about who will win the game SU. i'm not sure why they even bother discussing 9-point faves on the ML, but when you have that much airtime to fill with that little information, even Jemele Hill gets a turn. they might as well ask: "Okay, Skip, who do you like - the US or Libya?"
    SBRodds.com has 61% on Duke ML.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I want to reiterate, if you're watching ESPN for ANY info, I will pay points for your picks.
    Thx.
    ESPN is horribly bad.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2105

Fade Woody Paige = money

Fed_42420
    Fed_42420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

Charles Barkley said Arizona will win at halftime, what does that meant to you guys, lol

Fed_42420
    Fed_42420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

I think Arizona will win too, easily cover