bigp69
    bigp69's Avatar Become A Pro!

THURSDAY: BYU over Florida - tell me why BYU isn't the play**

BYU -2.5 seems like the play here. For anyone who saw them destroy the zags Fredette was unstoppable, it seemed like the kid couldn't miss a 3 to save his life and the rest of the team was on fire to...

This team is on FIRE and if they play the way they did against the Zags they should win.

If you don't think they are the play tell me why..

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

I honestly don't know what anyone see's in Florida... They played in one of the worst basketball conferences in America and beat teams they were supposed to beat. Sure they beat Kansas State and Kentucky but they lost at home to UCF and South Carolina..

When they played Ohio State they were embarrased and they lost 2 out of 3 vs Kentucky which is a team with no backbone and 3 freshmen leading the way.

The wrong team is favored in this game, take BYU ML. The only reason the line is the way it is , is b/c Florida has big following and they are betting on their favorite team to win. BYU hardly has any fans at all in the first place but the fans they do have do not believe in betting.

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I don't see risking money on BYU. They're a one man show and if Jimmer is having an off night, the rest of the team will likely be off too. When he's on fire he elevates the talent of the rest of his team but when hes off, there isn't anyone to step up and take his place. Florida is a complete package. Donovan is a great coach and he has his team prepared to go all the way. I don't see Florida winning it all but they will likely make it to the final 4. Jimmer has burned me when I've bet on him and he's burned me when I've bet against him.

bigp69

Ya I know what you mean but if Jimmer played the way they did against the Zags they win, hands down.

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?

I agree. But it seems to be easier to count on a good team to win V's counting on a good player to win.

ronaldo922
    ronaldo922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

BYU is the play

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Revenge that's why.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    I honestly don't know what anyone see's in Florida... They played in one of the worst basketball conferences in America and beat teams they were supposed to beat. Sure they beat Kansas State and Kentucky but they lost at home to UCF and South Carolina.. When they played Ohio State they were embarrased and they lost 2 out of 3 vs Kentucky which is a team with no backbone and 3 freshmen leading the way. The wrong team is favored in this game, take BYU ML. The only reason the line is the way it is , is b/c Florida has big following and they are betting on their favorite team to win. BYU hardly has any fans at all in the first place but the fans they do have do not believe in betting.
    byu lost by almost 20 points to SDS and NM
    NM beat them twice
    since January.
    uf #7 rpi
    byu #25 rpi

bigp69

Quote Originally Posted by firehoyt View Post
    I agree. But it seems to be easier to count on a good team to win V's counting on a good player to win.
    I agree with that good point fire

With that being said I'm probably still gonna take Jimmer after how hot he was against the Zags last game I think he comes out to play here and wins the game

bigp69

Anyone else have any input?

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jimmer is the real deal, better than I thought, not just a shooter.
    BUT I think BYU hits the wall here against bad ass BCS athletes. Macklin will kill BYU inside, too much power. And they have a top notch scoring PF and tiny quick guard that will be hard for BYU to deal with.
    Do not understimate the SEC, by the way, though not a vintage year, SEC has athletes galore, and Florida is it's best team. The league has won several NCAA Championships in recent years. Florida well coached, too.
    I worry about betting against Jimmer... he is a "story".
    BUT I like Florida - 2.5.
    Last edited by Serbone; 03-23-11 at 04:18 PM.

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?

I agree with Serbone.

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

Billy Donovan lost to BYU last year in double overtime. He has had some time to prepare his team for this rematch. New Orleans is an easy trip for Florida. BYU is a bit one-dimensional. I think Donovan has the know-how and the defensive players to slow the Jimmer down just a bit. Kenny Boynton is a good defender, and he did a decent job on Fredette last year (every indication is that Boynton's ankle will be fine, and he'll start), and you know he's going to be up for this. Scottie Wilbekin, who will probably also be on Fredette at times, is an excellent one-on-one defender. And then there's Erving Walker. The kid's a gamer. The line has dropped from -2 to -3, with the bets split fairly evenly.

OnTheLine1234
    OnTheLine1234's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    Jimmer is the real deal, better than I thought, not just a shooter.
    BUT I think BYU hits the wall here against bad ass BCS athletes. Macklin will kill BYU inside, too much power. And they have a top notch scoring PF and tiny quick guard that will be hard for BYU to deal with.
    Do not understimate the SEC, by the way, though not a vintage year, SEC has athletes galore, and Florida it's best team. The league has won several NCAA Championships in recent years. Florida well coached, too.
    I worry about betting against Jimmer... he is a "story".
    BUT I like Florida - 2.5.
    Thank You Serbone!!

There's a big difference between beating a team, and a team beating itself...which was the case in the Gonzaga game!! Florida will play inside outside ball, with Macklin inside and 3 point shooting outside with Boynton against the zone defense of Byu. Scottie Wilbekin and Casey Prather, two freshmen will rotate in on Fredette. That will take some pressure off Boynton to concentrate more on scoring. Jimmer will have to have a 40 plus shooting night to keep Byu in this game...If not this game will get ugly FAST!!! Florida by 9