rnunez91
    rnunez91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4981

Imagine a real point guard on the lakers

Everyone can argue all they want. Derek fisher just isnt the guy 2 me that can change a game... Just imagine chris paul, westbrook, williams, rondo... and of course the best of the best rose... On the lakers. The lakers would win back to back championships for god noes how long...

Go ahead and discuss this. Fisher just isnt that player 2 me.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

stfu fisher is better than anything you will ever become

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

The Lakers already shell out tons of money for our current roster. Getting a premium PG like the aforementioned people would make the Yankees look like cheapskates. Fisher has earned his place in Laker lore and will probably retire on his terms. I actually think he'll retire after this year along with Jackson if they go all the way. Scratch that...WHEN they go all the way.

sportman1313
    sportman1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

rmunez...no offense bro but how long have you been watching bball??? your post reeks of someone who knows little to nothing about basketball. Triangle offense my friend....few point guards in the nba can play it as effectively as derek fisher. Enough said, lakers don't need a premiere point guard like rondo, williams, etc.

therealdealau
    therealdealau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1069

lakers dont need a pg to change the game

rnunez91

Lol.. ive never watched a laker game, or atleast cant remember.. where derek fisher has done a good move and drive to the hoop. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee..... derek fisher can EASILY be replaced..

he has 2 fukin assists in this game, Are u kidding me? 0 for 3 with 0 points

rnunez91

with all due respect the he blends into the lakers. Hes adapted to there style after playing with them for so many years.. Obviously he can adapt to the triangle offense if thats been there system of play for god noes how long... W.e i dont need 2 argue over this. Put me a real pg and the lakers would be the best team i ever seen

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Umm they have won a title with him already...

sportman1313

WHAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT????????????????? ?????? LOL, I'VE BEEN A DIEHARD LAKERS FAN SINCE A LITTLE KID....PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE EITHER DRUNK OR JOKING. YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN DEREK FISHER DO A GOOD MOVE AND DRIVE TO THE LOOP??? ARE YOU SERIOUS????

I DON'T WANNA ARGUE...AGREE TO DISAGREE I GUESS. GOOD LUCK BRO ON YOUR PLAYS MAN, TAKE CARE
    Quote Originally Posted by rnunez91 View Post
    Lol.. ive never watched a laker game, or atleast cant remember.. where derek fisher has done a good move and drive to the hoop. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee..... derek fisher can EASILY be replaced..

he has 2 fukin assists in this game, Are u kidding me? 0 for 3 with 0 points

kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

that's right, triangle system required a good pass & be versatile by all players. It's does not require a true point guard.

sportman1313

AMEN BROTHER!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kobstopa View Post
    that's right, triangle system required a good pass & be versatile by all players. It's does not require a true point guard.

rnunez91

This is the fukin difference of todays game when a fukin point guard could pass the ball and shoot at the same time.

nash 19 points 18 assists
    derek fisher 2 points(both free throws) (0 for 7 from the field) and 2 assists

all u really need 2 stfu....

slimstevie
    slimstevie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

buddy, u dont necessarily need a point guatd to score many points. a good point guard finds the open guy and protects the ball and doesnt commit turnovers

Fisher is obviously past his prime but still gets the job done and not to mention he is a class act
    Last edited by slimstevie; 03-23-11 at 12:47 AM.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by therealdealau View Post
    lakers dont need a pg to change the game
    When your half court offense is predicated upon one-on-one basketball, the position of PG is more of a designation than a need.

vietphatty
    vietphatty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

This is the fukin difference of todays game when a fukin point guard could pass the ball and shoot at the same time.

Yeah seriously... Lakers are already so stacced.. Plus d.fish has done countless things for them come playoffs

vinny808
    vinny808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1243

Wow, this guy really doesn't know basketball. The reason why Lakers have never coveted a high profile point guard is because the triangle doesn't call for a true point guard. Fisher doesn't handle the ball to look for scorers. The triangle consist is all ball movement and player rotation.

The Lakers have had plenty of chances to get a true PG, like in the past to trade Bynum for Jason Kidd. THANK GOD THEY DIDNT.

PS, are you kidding me??!?!?! Derek Fisher is more clutch than any point guard out there right now. I bet rnunez doesn't even know what .4 even means. After all, he is born in 1991.

Everything about what rnunez says is so wrong. Funny how he compares Steve Nash, the Sun's best player to Derek Fisher, who is the Laker's 5th scorer on the team behind Kobe, Bynum, Pau, and Odom. Fisher is clutch. Don't forget the 4 steals tonight.
    Last edited by vinny808; 03-23-11 at 03:37 AM.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Westbrook isnt a true point guard, either. Paul, Williams, and Rondo are though.

Blueline Master
    Blueline Master's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Without Fisher they would've lost that game against orlando in the final two years ago. Last year he was crucial making three pointers at the last minute against boston.