NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by Casperwaits View Post

I like your book.
    Can you pay me on my 197.5 UNDER please?
    This is just another typical lost wager that was close so it MUST have been fixed...I get it. Sorry you lost, but the game was not fixed.

Its funny how everyone is always on the losing side of the "fixed" game.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Plenty of truth to what he was saying (he even had documentation on Colin Cowherd show)
    There are MANY games fixed (once again look at NCAA over the years)
    Live the belief that they dont fix games. That is a narrow belief.
    I dont believe what your saying at all, no way games are fixed what your saying. I mean how can this be from a shot at end game? Dont u think players like to shoot the ball, i know i like to shoot the ball when i play and everyone else that i know.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

how many times does a player take a jump shot and come down the wrong way on their ankle? Didn't Kobe fuk up his ankle taking a jump shot the other night?
    Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    This isnt like football when you are at the end of the game kneeling the ball to save players. Its one shot, if a player is risking injury by shooting a basketball he should reconsider professional sports.

Casperwaits
    West Side Story
    Casperwaits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

This is just another typical lost wager that was close so it MUST have been fixed...I get it. Sorry you lost, but the game was not fixed. Its funny how everyone is always on the losing side of the "fixed" game.
    As I have said before, if you truly think that NBA games aren't fixed, you are delusional. It has been proven.

Legions36

Quote Originally Posted by MendozaLine View Post
    how many times does a player take a jump shot and come down the wrong way on their ankle? Didn't Kobe fuk up his ankle taking a jump shot the other night?
    Then thats his risk he made taking the shot. If he gets hurt he wont do something like that any more.

NrmlCurvSurfr

Ok, you must not play sports, but a basketball player is not going to consider injury while shooting a basketball...Period. It may have happened before but its not going to stop players from shooting. Thats like worrying about breaking your foot while kicking a soccer ball, players just don't worry about stuff like that.

Legions36

As I have said before, if you truly think that NBA games aren't fixed, you are delusional. It has been proven.
    I highly doubt any players being paid multi millions of dollars would even take a chance to do what your saying. Come on bro your really mad u lost the game, anything can happen in basketball. U know how many times ive played ball and my team only had to score 1 point to win and the other team came back and scored 10 straight points and we lose, its very competive on all levels.

NrmlCurvSurfr

Where did a say games were never fixed??

What I said was, I dont think a fixed game comes down to the wire. The point of a fix is to make certain you get the win. Cashing a total with .4sec left is not a fix. That shooter had no idea if he would get another shot off, or if the shot would even go in.

Shooter got lucky, you got screwed. Thats gambling.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2733

All those fouls at the end of the game does make you wonder a little bit on this topic though...

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

e

Extra, someone else may have won, but when the game is FIXED, who cares? If I lose fair and square, that's one thing. When you lose because the fix is in, that negates any sense of fair play.
    U really sound like an idiot here!! It's happened to all of us both way's sir! U r going back to the first half FT's and a last shot saying it's fixed?? Bad Luck it happens!! Sorry for your loss but u just sound stupid!! Maybe u just like making these threads for att cuz if u bet real money u would A. Stop if u really felt this way!! or B. Put a gun to your head and let EI pull the trigger and blow your brains out cuz you r the unluckiest man on SBR!!

MendozaLine

iIn the middle of a game a player isn't thinking about injury. However, when the game is out of reach and there is less than 1 second left in the game, I can guarantee you that a lot of players are just trying to get off the floor injury free.
    Ok, you must not play sports, but a basketball player is not going to consider injury while shooting a basketball...Period. It may have happened before but its not going to stop players from shooting. Thats like worrying about breaking your foot while kicking a soccer ball, players just don't worry about stuff like that.

Casperwaits
    West Side Story

Quote Originally Posted by donkdown View Post
    U really sound like an idiot here!! It's happened to all of us both way's sir! U r going back to the first half FT's and a last shot saying it's fixed?? Bad Luck it happens!! Sorry for your loss but u just sound stupid!! Maybe u just like making these threads for att cuz if u bet real money u would A. Stop if u really felt this way!! or B. Put a gun to your head and let EI pull the trigger and blow your brains out cuz you r the unluckiest man on SBR!!
    EI is my boy. He would let me pull the trigger myself.

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bro is that a Burger King Birthday crown on your head??? Is that your aunt u r hugging?? Do u live in a duplex or by railroad trax?? Have u been touched inappropriately as a youth?? STFU and get ready for March Madness tomorrow!!!
    Last edited by donkdown; 03-17-11 at 01:50 AM.

Casperwaits
    West Side Story

Quote Originally Posted by donkdown View Post
    Bro is that a Burger King Birthday crown on your head???
    What do you think bro?

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

This thread makes me laugh.

If the game was fixed, which it wasn't, they wouldn't have relied on a jump shot with less than a second remaining. Get real.

If you think it's fixed, why are you betting on it?

NrmlCurvSurfr

iIn the middle of a game a player isn't thinking about injury. However, when the game is out of reach and there is less than 1 second left in the game, I can guarantee you that a lot of players are just trying to get off the floor injury free.
    I suppose its up to the player to decide the level of effort he puts in. Most play until the buzzer. This was nothing unusual and the OP is just bent because he lost at the last second...or should I say .4sec.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was on the under too and wish I hadn't read how I lost. I really hate when I lose games like this...guess I can take solace in knowing that I was on the right side though. The NBA...where Amazing happens

MendozaLine

I have been on the right side of point shaving many times. Earlier this season Chicago was getting 8 points against the Lakers. Lakers up 2 at the break. 2H line is Lakers -5

The Lakers are up 9 with 28 seconds left and have the ball. Some Lakers player (I think it was Shannon Brown) misses a wide open 8 footer with 5 seconds left and the ball goes out of bounds with 3 seconds left. Joakim Noah sprints down the court and is fouled by someone with 0.3 seconds left. Noah isn't a great FT shooter, and was something like 2/5 prior to those shots. He sunk em both. Lakers inbound the ball and the buzzer goes off.

Bulls cover the number, and the 2H number pushes. Point shaving at its finest
    This is just another typical lost wager that was close so it MUST have been fixed...I get it. Sorry you lost, but the game was not fixed.

Its funny how everyone is always on the losing side of the "fixed" game.

Casperwaits
    West Side Story

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    This thread makes me laugh. If the game was fixed, which it wasn't, they wouldn't have relied on a jump shot with less than a second remaining. Get real. If you think it's fixes, why are you betting on it?
    Yeah, I bet the game because I thought it was fixed..lol. I'll say it once again. If ANYONE thinks that some NBA games aren't fixed, they are delusional and the proof is in the pudding. Convictions are real.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

lol at the game being rigged... bet on enough basketball your going to both win and lose on pointless shots.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Yeah, I bet the game because I thought it was fixed..lol. I'll say it once again. If ANYONE thinks that some NBA games aren't fixed, they are delusional and the proof is in the pudding. Convictions are real.
    If you think games are fixed a lot, don't bet on it and then complain it's fixed.

I agree that fixed games happen but I don't think they happen as often as you think. You just got unlucky. It happens when you gamble.

If the over/under was fixed, it would have went well over before the final second. They wouldn't have relied on a jump shot with 1second left.

NrmlCurvSurfr

I have been on the right side of point shaving many times. Earlier this season Chicago was getting 8 points against the Lakers. Lakers up 2 at the break. 2H line is Lakers -5

The Lakers are up 9 with 28 seconds left and have the ball. Some Lakers player (I think it was Shannon Brown) misses a wide open 8 footer with 5 seconds left and the ball goes out of bounds with 3 seconds left. Joakim Noah sprints down the court and is fouled by someone with 0.3 seconds left. Noah isn't a great FT shooter, and was something like 2/5 prior to those shots. He sunk em both. Lakers inbound the ball and the buzzer goes off.

Bulls cover the number, and the 2H number pushes. Point shaving at its finest

I never said fixes/pt shaving didn't occur, but I don't think they happen in the last second of the game. In your example, why wait until .3sec left and have to rely on a guy that is 2/5 for free throws? Why not let the bulls cover with a min left to insure the cover and not cut it so close. I mean if these guys are fixing games for money, I don't think they would wait until .3 or .4 sec left.

kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

it's unusual, a lot of the game when you're down 10 even with 10 sec in the end, they would have dribble and run the clock. You take the shoot with .4 to go unless you're down by 1, just try to won right here or if you're down by 2, just to get a tie.

yes, i can see your argument as a valid, put your complaint to Stern & see what they gonna say. I am serious.
    direct your attention with the fact that this play post as an act of possible collision and tampering with integrity of the game and warrant an investigation.
    Last edited by kobstopa; 03-17-11 at 02:19 AM.

saintjames
    saintjames's Avatar Become A Pro!

maybe foye was letting out steam taking that shot but i have won & lost "fixed" games over the years

romecloneout
    romecloneout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 489

stop being a fn babynuts

Giroux
    Giroux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7412

Remember folks, this was not a spread fix, it was the ever popular fixing a game by forcing it go OVER the total. Clearly, when you fix a game to go over the total, you do not want to make it seem too obvious and play no defense, or foul non stop to get the other team to the line, you bank on A)being in the game with .4 seconds left, B) getting an inbound pass with .4 seconds left, and C) hitting an 18 foot jumper to put it a half point over the total. I mean, this is clearly the most obvious fix in the history of sports. I am looking forward to the ESPN 30 on 30 "Clippers/Sixers Over 197.5" documentary coming up in the next few months.

I would contact your site, and demand your money back.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Clippers down by 10 with 0.9 seconds left. Total is 197.5. Foye takes shot to make it 198. PLEASE tell me that the game wasn't fixed. I am daring you. Add the fact the their were 7 foulshots taken by the Clippers in the last 4 seconds in the first half (including 2 technicals) and you have a game NO DOUBT was fixed for the OVER to cover. happens WAY to often in the NBA. A point shaving scandal is a comissioner firing or retirement away. I guarantee you.
    It is strange that in some ocasions, with 10-15 secs to play and with a 10-15 point difference, the teams chose not to play and let the seconds pass, and in some ocasions they play like crazy to score 4-8 points.

Would be interesting to see which are the players involved in these plays and if they are the same everytime ...

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

y are u betting if u think the games are fixed?
    who on their right minds would want to fix a clippers game?
    there isnt enuff money being bet on that game to make it profittable to fix it
    y would u pay randy foye of all people to fix the game?
    y would u let the "fix" come all the way down to a final shot?
    u wanna pay foye to score points? the dude is getting millions and cant get it done.
    how many teams has he been on? wats his career FG%?
    get real dude, this game wasnt fixed.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Bro if the Clippers were losing why wouldn't he shoot it? The losing team always tries until the game is over. If the Clippers were winning it would've been a different story. Have you ever seen the losing team dribble the ball at the top of the key and run the clock out? Fukk no, they take the shot. Winning team runs the clock out. This is what it's been since like 5th grade select bball haha c'maaan

meckis
    meckis's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8113

If you would had bet over there would not be this thread

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by PAYTON20 View Post
    Bro if the Clippers were losing why wouldn't he shoot it? The losing team always tries until the game is over. If the Clippers were winning it would've been a different story. Have you ever seen the losing team dribble the ball at the top of the key and run the clock out? Fukk no, they take the shot. Winning team runs the clock out. This is what it's been since like 5th grade select bball haha c'maaan
    Not really .. I've see plays were they struggled to pass the over with exactly 0,5 points and then they let 15 sec pass without doing nothing.... I remember that very well cause I lost some money on the under ...

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    Not really .. I've see plays were they struggled to pass the over with exactly 0,5 points and then they let 15 sec pass without doing nothing.... I remember that very well cause I lost some money on the under ...
    Obviously there are exceptions when the game is ridiculously out of hand. But 95% of basketball games end when the winning team gets the ball with no shot clock left and the losing team decides not to foul.

Have you ever seen the winning team with the ball and a shot clock just take a shot clock violation? Not not really. They almost always take a shot. It's just the nature of the game you don't just sit on the ball and quit. With this logic, if a team were up by 30 with 4 minutes left in the game, both teams would just trade off taking shot clock violations until the game is over? Yaaaaaa

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

does sound a bit fishy

2DB187
    2DB187's Avatar Become A Pro!

i couldnt read all this thread but let me just say this (sorry if it was already mentioned), sure some fixed shit could possibly be happening every now and then, that said if you are fixing a game for it to go over a number are you really gonna make it so close that you are depending on a jumper to fall with .4 seconds to go in the game? knowing that if you are risking your career on it there damn sure better be a lot of money at stake..or would you even be fixing a game to go over in the 1st place? i mean that would take a larger group of ppl than probably any other bet and there is no way you have whole teams and refs conspiring to fix a game, just isnt gonna happen like that....sorry what you saw was stat padding nothing more, still sick but nothing sinister about it.....

2DB187
    2DB187's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Giroux View Post
    Remember folks, this was not a spread fix, it was the ever popular fixing a game by forcing it go OVER the total. Clearly, when you fix a game to go over the total, you do not want to make it seem too obvious and play no defense, or foul non stop to get the other team to the line, you bank on A)being in the game with .4 seconds left, B) getting an inbound pass with .4 seconds left, and C) hitting an 18 foot jumper to put it a half point over the total. I mean, this is clearly the most obvious fix in the history of sports. I am looking forward to the ESPN 30 on 30 "Clippers/Sixers Over 197.5" documentary coming up in the next few months.

I would contact your site, and demand your money back.

nice

First 123 Last