slimpickins
    slimpickins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boston ML

Something is very strange not in how this line opened which I think is at about the correct number but on the movement lower instead of higher despite the Puiblic being on Boston.
    Acknowledging this I believe the perfect call is Boston on the ML.
    I follow the Celtics closely and can't envision any way they lose this game.

I hate big chalk and normally never play ML favorites but this game is an exception.
    I believe they will cover the -5 but Vegas obviously feels this will be a close game so I don't want to take any chances with a 3 pt or 4 pt winner being a loser.
    Rarely do I see 5 pt. favorites that have a 90% chance of winning the game.

Boston played yesterday but they looked great and rested their starters for the entire 4th quarter and won in a laugher.
    More importantly they ended their recent slide by giving effort and concentrating on defense.
    After previous losing streaks this year Boston has gone on extended winning streaks.
    Can't see them coming out flat for this game in NJ as a result.

Additionally Big Baby Davis is back and looked good yesterday.
    Much of the reason for their recent skid had been unfamilairity with new the players and how to implement them into the rotation: Green, Kristic, Murphy, Arroyo, etc...
    Well since then they have had a couple of practices to get these guys on board and all had good games yesterday.
    Arroyo not great but logged 25 minutes and 6 assists.
    Murphy had his first good game in a C's uniform
    Kristic has been much better than anyone expected and has enjoyed much success in NJ where he used to be a good player.
    Green finally played solid defense and I think may have benefited the most from the time as he has the most talent of the backups.

Celtics are 14-1 against the lowly Nets since they traded for Garnett ;this year they are 3-0 with all 3 wins being lopsided ; last game in NJ was a 25 pt. win for the C's.
    The Nets don't think they can beat the Celtics.
    Williams is back for this game but has missed time and we have all seen how the first game back a star player can hurt his team more than help it. He hasn't had many games in Nets uniform anyway.

Nets have been playing well lately but their best player Lopez has not had success against Boston in the past.
    They have won 4 in a row, but beat 2 bad road teams traveling from the West Coast (clips and GS) and Toronto twice and they are awful so there 4 game streak is not that impressive.
    Now they face Celtics and the Bulls next later this week.

Lastly Celtics want the home field in the playoffs and are too close to Chicago to take tonight off.
    There will be games when they take it easy but tonight is not the night.

Celtics ML is the pick
    There is a 10% chance I lose I would calculate but that is the type of chance I am willing to take.
    Risking 2100 to win 1000

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

already there bud

C's got this one.

EBDOGGN
    EBDOGGN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 130

Gl on your play.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Boston has beaten NJ in 16 of the last 17 games.

tullamore21
    Update your status
    tullamore21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3213

i deleted this post
    Last edited by tullamore21; 03-14-11 at 06:26 PM. Reason: wrong thread