Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Spurs @ Heat

Why are the Spurs getting 4 points in miami?

What is the play here. I like the Heat to win but the line seems unfair to me

jubuck757
    jubuck757's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

The lines are meant to be unfair.

SmokinGood
    SmokinGood's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is not unfair. Miami will win by 9...They got blown out by 30 the last time they played. They will be out for major revenge. The Heat now have some confidence after beating the Lakers at home....Pound the heat here goat

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

I hate Miami, but i like them here.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

I am all over the spurs.

Anytime SAS gets + anything, hammer time.

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heat will win. The way Miller, Chalmers, and Bibby are playing, it'll be tough for any time to beat us at home. Wade, LeBron and Bosh will put up some numbers tomorrow. The Heat are about go on a nice win streak in my opinion.
    Last edited by sweetjones55; 03-13-11 at 09:04 PM.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's hard to back the Spurs here seeing as their last meeting was Miami's most embarrassing loss of the season. The Heat will be much better prepared for this game and will play hard for 48 minutes here. You don't slap Lebron and Wade in the face and expect them to not be gunning for you after that...

That being said, I don't like MIA -4. I could live with MIA -2.5/-3. I think the strongest play is MIA 1Q -1.5, with the option to either win the early bet and just enjoy the rest of the game, or lose it and have the chance to get Miami at a better line for the game. Either way, neither team will run away with it. I would guess a Heat win by 3-7 points.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 03-13-11 at 09:01 PM.

LeagueCapper
    LeagueCapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1323

Spurs have no motivation to win this game. there locked at #1 seed and already beat the heat by 30. the heat on the other hand... will be out for blood

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Heat 1st half will most likely be a bet for me. I have cashed 4 of there last 5 home games 1st half. Only one I didn't was Lakers game because I didn't bet that one, although they covered that as well. Spurs are generally a 2nd half team especially on the road. Heat probably cover the game but I think 1st half is much safer. Also, Heat should want to come out hard in this game after the beatdown the Spurs gave them 10 days ago.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinGood View Post
    It is not unfair. Miami will win by 9...They got blown out by 30 the last time they played. They will be out for major revenge. The Heat now have some confidence after beating the Lakers at home....Pound the heat here goat
    This.

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think there is a good 19 games to go, this time of a season is no reason for a L for the spurs.
    Spurs win this one. I love the +4

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just because the Heat lost by 30 don't rely on the "revenge" factor agaisnt a proficient team like the Spurs. If anything it'll be a game until the end when the Spurs use there D to shut down the Heat.

paciophobia
    paciophobia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 141

heat take this one. take the spread they'll cover.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by LeagueCapper View Post
    Spurs have no motivation to win this game. there locked at #1 seed and already beat the heat by 30. the heat on the other hand... will be out for blood
    I like this lean. I used this same tactics in NFL capping as well.

This is the only lean that scares me for picking them spurs. However, picking this game is a must for me and it is a 50/50 toss up anyway so hopefully we can pick the right 50 and not the 50 going the other way.

LOL

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Anytime you have to use Miller, Chalmers and Bibby as reasons for winning a basketball game you know you're in trouble. Spurs and Pop-Popp play this one hard and take it.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with this. There not going to risk playing to hard and risk any injuries or anything since there locked in anyway. This is the NBA and you never know what can happen but i like the heat here as well

Goat Milk

The thing about this game is it will come down to 3 point shooting.

The game in SA got out of hand fast but it really was not a beatdown New York Sports Guy. Spurs won that game because of knock down shooting and the fact that they wanted it more. There are a lot of things we can go through with the matchups.

However, I am watching the film from that game right now and its easy to see that if the Spurs miss their 3s they would have been in huge trouble because it would have led to deep rebounds and then easy fast breaks for Lebron and Wade.

Remember, the Spurs are a slow defensive transition basketball team. The Heat scored a lot of points in that game and didn't even get as many easy buckets as they would have had the Spurs not shot that insane % from 3.
    Points Awarded:

jays12 gave Goat Milk 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Goat Milk

there is no reason to believe teh Spurs "wont try for this game." They will do this with the last 7 or so games of the season, not with 15ish games left. If that was the case, Pop would not have played an already 75% Tony Parker in the houston game...

Blueline Master
    Blueline Master's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

spurs all the way in this game!

barcelonafc
    barcelonafc's Avatar Become A Pro!

spurs+4 is the play, miami wont win the nba championship this year.

portnoy65
    borat
    portnoy65's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spurs +4 play for me

Grosshhit
    Grosshhit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

This is not a sucker bet, take the Spurs and the points in this shit.

anjaru
    anjaru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 579

To say that either of these teams has more motivation to beat the other is nonsense. Even at the high school level, any time we played the best, we wanted to crush them. If you're a competitor it's in your blood. Both teams want this just as much as the other. You don't think the spurs want the lakers to see that they were able to beat the heat in their own house? That said, this is a game to stay away from as it's a coin toss IMO. Small play on the under.

xpo276
    30-60-120-180-240-360
    xpo276's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Quote Originally Posted by anjaru View Post
    To say that either of these teams has more motivation to beat the other is nonsense. Even at the high school level, any time we played the best, we wanted to crush them. If you're a competitor it's in your blood. Both teams want this just as much as the other. You don't think the spurs want the lakers to see that they were able to beat the heat in their own house? That said, this is a game to stay away from as it's a coin toss IMO. Small play on the under.
    he's right. no play here

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

spurs. One win doesnt make the heat a great team. Has everyone forgotten their record vs +500 teams? The hear are a joke. Spurs win.

nulldah
    nulldah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

spurs or no play for me.

i can't really buy the revenge factor in this game. there are THREE times already miami want to have "revenge" or whatever it's called. first, third game against boston, fail. second, third game against magic (not really revenge, but still you know they really want to win), fail. third, third game against bulls, fails. what's the same thing that happen in all those games? Game goes down to wire, lebron and wade can't really decide who made the shot yet...

So, assuming heat really want to win this game for the sake of revenge (or something else for sure), it will most likely goes down to wire again and I just can't take heat for that, especially for 4 point cover and against experienced team like spurs. Lakers game, taking into account the last game, is more like bryant v wade. and if bryant want to be more team play, maybe now they're 1-1 against heat. just saying. (out of topic here, anyone disagree, please excuse me, dont want to start debating bout this )

then, 4 point favourite. if 3 point is really given to home team, then on neutral court, basically heat is 1 point favourite. the last time, spurs is -3 favourite (can't really remember) as home team. so, this is already inflated line just because heat won the last 2 games. it's not like spurs are in the middle of slump or anything.
    Last edited by nulldah; 03-14-11 at 05:51 AM.

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

I think most of the impulsive "last minute money" will go to Miami. Anyway, I'm on the Spurs+4 for 1 unit.
    Last edited by MrXYZ; 03-14-11 at 06:22 AM.

secret007
    secret007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 332

If Miami dont win this game, it means they can't win against teams with good point guards. This year, the only good team that they beat is Lakers ( who does not have a good PG ).

Toples
    Toples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 964

forget sides
    this one's ripe for under

nastradamus
    nastradamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2956

Spurs ML is value IMO. Heatīs win over Lakers doesnīt mean nothing, they canīt beat strong teams (only LA 2 times).

kingjamesyap
    kingjamesyap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

orl beated them home bull also took them down spurs will kill 'em put me on spurs

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

this whole revenge factor is nonsense. you think lebron wakes up in the morning and thinks, 'I gotta beat the shit outta these bitches from san antonio!' he's not going to play any different from any other night.

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

Pop has a motivation for everything...very tough to cap...good luck though..

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

4 points is a lot but Miami should be able to cover that they are just 3 GB of first in the East, thus they should be motivated..no bet for me.

FairPlayBet
    FairPlayBet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I love Spurs, but here seems to me best choice is Miami in ML. After many defeats in a row, seems to me that Heat are now in long winning streak.

12 Last