dwluv3333
    dwluv3333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

What's wrong with the Boston Celtics?

Is it only myself or have the Celtics been playing like absolute s#*! since the All-Star break? I understand that Perkins got traded, but he was never in the entire season to begin with. They lost Robinson, Marquis Daniels, and Erden but got Green and Krstic. And the O'Neals have been injured for as long as I can remember.

Are the Celtics just going through their post-all-star rest-our-starters-for-the-real-playoffs mode? Is their depth really that poor right now? Or is it really time to write off the Celtics as Eastern contenders?

Scahom1
    Scahom1's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think they are just in cruise control until the playoffs. They are an old and banged up team. They can't go 100% for 82 games if they expect to go far in the post season.

dwluv3333

I can't understand why they would go in cruise control at this point. They should have learned from last year that home court advantage can make the difference between championship or nothing, and the Bulls just today moved within a half game of them... damn our Bulls are moving up quick.

Fleeben
    Fleeben's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

You probably just don't realize that the sixers started 3-13 and since have been one of the better teams in basketball. It's ok - you stand squarely with the public on that one.

dwluv3333

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeben View Post
    You probably just don't realize that the sixers started 3-13 and since have been one of the better teams in basketball. It's ok - you stand squarely with the public on that one.
    People who throw around the word "squarely" and "sharp" on this board and talk condescendingly are f*#ing annoying to listen to some times. First I never said anything about their game today vs the Sixers alone being the reason why the Celtics look bad. Secondly if you pay any attention to the NBA the way you try to sound in your post, then you would know exactly what I am talking about when I say the Celtics have been playing like shit lately since the All-star break. Please. You're not the only one to realize that the Sixers have been surging at home lately.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

yea the sixers played well, but the celtics sure SUCKED, no fun to watch at all, free-throw festival

branrave
    branrave's Avatar Become A Pro!

nothing's wrong.. phillies is a decent team right now and celtics treats these games as a warmup for the playoff.

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

thats the celtics for you. last year was no different. fade them til playoffs.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38349

Their tall just taking a break. Games dont matter till playoffs

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

seriously...it wont be as fun when the lakers get #17 vs some other team. Gotta be Lakers over Celtics in the finals!

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Scahom1 View Post
    I think they are just in cruise control until the playoffs. They are an old and banged up team. They can't go 100% for 82 games if they expect to go far in the post season.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Rest View Post
    seriously...it wont be as fun when the lakers get #17 vs some other team. Gotta be Lakers over Celtics in the finals!
    That's cute... Lakers recent surge is giving their fans hope, only to be crushed in the playoffs

Celtics are fine. They're getting the shots they want, tthey just aren't falling. It happens. Better to have a rough stretch now than in the playoffs. Most important thing is that Green and Krstic are fitting in extremely well. Shaq is healthy and waiting for the playoffs. Carlos Arroyo is a perfect backup for Rondo. Having Arroyo, West, Green, Baby, and Krstic off the bench is going to be deadly in the playoffs, with Sasha/Murphy/JOneal getting time too. If they can stay healthy, no team has a chance at beating them. Too much depth and experience

LeagueCapper
    LeagueCapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1323

When the lakers lost 3 in a row it was "whats wrong with the lakers?" when the heat lost 5 in a row it was "whats wrong with the heat?" now its the celtics. nothings wrong with them. there trying new rotations and are in relax mode till the playoffs. they'll turn it on again right before the playoffs and all the questions will stop. just like when the lakers started winning again and also when the heat beat the lakers.

TechnicallyFoul
    TechnicallyFoul's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Celtics will NOT get to the finals. Again, they will NOT get to the finals. Sorry Boston fans.

TechnicallyFoul

They were better off before the acquisition.

JBT
    Square as a triangle
    JBT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31048

I miss the old Celtics... the new Celtics have been costing me money lots of it...

Boxing Champ
    Boxing Champ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guys...there is nothing wrong with the Celtics. It's just almost impossible to play at the highest level day after day. They are going through a little slump. That's understandable, they will be alright for the playoffs.
    Doc rivers has to make sure that they peak at the right time.

P.S. Loss of C.Perkins does not help the cause.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

believe it or not other nba players who are just as good line up against them every night with a goal (most of them) of winning the game they are playing in

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by LeagueCapper View Post
    When the lakers lost 3 in a row it was "whats wrong with the lakers?" when the heat lost 5 in a row it was "whats wrong with the heat?" now its the celtics. nothings wrong with them. there trying new rotations and are in relax mode till the playoffs. they'll turn it on again right before the playoffs and all the questions will stop. just like when the lakers started winning again and also when the heat beat the lakers.
    Good points. It is easy to get caught up in the moment with teams that should be playing well but are not. All good teams go through these lulls.
    On another note, Sixers playing great team ball. Fun to watch

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

i know there is nothing wrong w/ the Lakers and Celtics even with these losing streaks...just don't know with the Heat
    Last edited by oldscho0led; 03-12-11 at 08:11 AM.

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

i know there is nothing wrong w/ the Lakers and Celtics even with these losing streaks...just don't know with the Heat...

LeagueCapper
    LeagueCapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1323

I think the heat will be fine come playoffs. They wont be an easy outing like some people have been saying

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by TechnicallyFoul View Post
    Celtics will NOT get to the finals. Again, they will NOT get to the finals. Sorry Boston fans.
    Thanks for your excellent analysis. I was going to stay hopeful for a championship run, but since you said they won't get there, I have given up on them

Why do you think they were better off before the trade? Green is good for 15/5/5 every night, Krstic is good for 10/10 or so, Arroyo is already looking like a great fill-in for Rondo... plus, Perk is still out with injury, and Nate is recovering from surgery.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Celtics lost a game, their season is over you squares. Miami is a lock for the next 7 championships.

MadMajor
    MadMajor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 967

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    believe it or not other nba players who are just as good line up against them every night with a goal (most of them) of winning the game they are playing in
    it should be obvious, but most people dont get this. there is no such thing as a walk in the park. "bad" teams are buildt up by professional athletes, and there is no easy win

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

NBA team not winning every game = end of the world.

Here's an enigma for you. Clipper beat the Celtics on the road, lose to the Nets the next game without DWill.
    GS lose to the Nets without DWill and beat the Magic the next game. Try and figure this league out.

TechnicallyFoul

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Thanks for your excellent analysis. I was going to stay hopeful for a championship run, but since you said they won't get there, I have given up on them Why do you think they were better off before the trade? Green is good for 15/5/5 every night, Krstic is good for 10/10 or so, Arroyo is already looking like a great fill-in for Rondo... plus, Perk is still out with injury, and Nate is recovering from surgery.
    Sorry I didn't elaborate further. It's just my personal opinion that Perk, N. Robinson, and M. Daniels (although I rather dislike watching M. Daniels play at all), were a part of the Celtics identity and what made them gel as a team. I think part of what made the Celtics so good is their chemistry. Each player knew their respective roles and everybody got along, so it seemed. When you bring in new players, more often than not, it takes a while for these new players to work themselves into the system and know their roles. I don't deny Jeff Green's abilities and talent. The same goes for Nenad. I just think that certain teams have the right pieces and that they had that before the trade. Now, for whatever reason, I feel like the Celtics' pieces don't make sense. Perkins, when healthy, brought to the table exactly what Boston's identity has been about...tough D. Nenad doesn't make up for that. He can grab d.d. rebounds on a night when he plays a lot of minutes and he's playing a weak opposing center. He can also score more points than Perk, but yet, he's still not Perk, and I feel that he's no replacement. As far as Nate is concerned, his presence coming off the bench cannot be replaced. He was a starter coming off the bench and arguably better than Rondo in some respects, but he also played with passion and came through for the Celtics on so many occasions. I have yet to see that passion in Jeff Green. Now I'm not trying to say that the trade involved Nenad for Perk.....and Nate for Jeff..... it was a package deal.....but I'm just trying to make some comparisons here and trying to emphasize why I think letting Perk and Robinson go was a mistake, in the short run at the very least.