Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

$800 on the Heat +2.5

$880 to win $800

I have Miami +2.5 right now and everyone in my area is on the Lakers which makes me happy. I booked this a few hours ago after discussing it with my guy (dexter is he tricking me? I dont think) Miami is going to shock everyone in this game. The only way I THINK they will lose is if Bryant/Fisher bury a buzzer beater.

Firstly Wade and James always show up against their big bro bryant. In the last 4 times bryant and wade have meet (la and miami), each game has been decided by 3 or less points. Miami won two of those close games and the lakers won two, 1 of them on a buzzer beater 3 from kobe for the win (last year). In the two times Lebron and Bryant met last year, the Cavs won both. Miami is not an easy place for the Lakers to play. They typically have very close games there.

Everytime Bryant plays against Wade/James, you see great performances. These guys love battling against one another and we'll see great performances from all as usual. Wade is the streakiest player of the 3 but he is in a groove right now after that portland performance. Artest is slow-footed on the defensive end and I think he will be a non factor in this game. Its possible that if no one shows up early, Bryant may be forced into doing too much at times. I see a good game from Bryant but lets see if his teammates get themselves invovled when it matters. The one significant advantage the lakers don't have over the heat's biggest weakness is at the point guard position.

Odom will probably see some significant minutes here to help out on Bosh who I beleive will actually be a factor in this game. As I mentioned in another thread Gasol historically struggles defending PF's that play facing the basket. I think we will find him slow footed, whether its off the dribble or defending a screen. Gasol will get his on the offensive end though. Theres no one on the Heat that can really stop him its just a matter of how many touches he gets. Odom is always the x factor for the lakers. He seems to fade in games like this I will take my chances with Odom and the Lakers bench. Usually Bryant Fisher and Gasol are the ones that step up in these road games. Bynum should play pretty well down low but I don't see him playing more than 25-30 min as he is an easy target for Lebron and Wade to create contact with and get to the line.

Finally I see Miami's bench playing decent. They are getting wide open shots in all these games, its just a matter of knocking them down. In the end, these are still nba players. They're not going to continue missing wide open shots. Mike Miller/Mike Bibby/James Jones only need to knock down 1-2 3s each, with chalmers chipping in his usual 10 points, and Z/Dampier combining for 5-8 points. Thats all the Heat really need. I think the crowd will be rocking in this game and we will see the hit start drilling some 3s and getting their confidence. Lastly, when Wade and Lebron played against LA on Christmas, one thing you noticed about Wade and Lebron was they were not standing around waiting for 1 to make a play. They were moving because they constantly wanted to be part of the action.

I see this being a pretty close game throughout, but I think the Lakers will be trailing for the majority of the game, and will perhaps make a late run. In the end, I expect Miami to execute simply because they are playing the world champs. If the Lakers win this game I think it will really be on a buzzer beater from Bryant. I do not see the Lakers winning by more than 2 if they do.

This is just my opinion. I'm going to think about making a small $200 play on the ML tomorrow. I will post it in the newly created thread if I do.

Last edited by Goat Milk; 03-10-11 at 03:36 AM.

BigBurk
    BigBurk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5461

Nice write up. Think I'm gonna keep away from this one myself.. Think this could easily go either way.

BOL though!

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

If you can write up a big one, make sure to write up a big one when you lose too.

It is only fair to do so ya know? An entro speech should be just as long as an exit speech.

just sharing. I'm riding with the heat too by the way.

KuLaPhU
    KuLaPhU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 482

heat losing streak lakers winning streak.. that's just my point of view.. best of luck guys.

bureK
    OKCity
    bureK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

I think you should watch a Miami game and then bet on them. It will definetly be hard to change the whole thing against the currently hot Lakers.. Spurs are better team then MIA and look what they did to them. Same thing happenes tonight. I cashed in big on LAL ML. Lakers win by 1 and we both get a happy face like this one
    Last edited by bureK; 03-10-11 at 05:14 AM.

blowseq
    Status? What status?
    blowseq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Best of luck. i like your angle on this game!
    Last edited by blowseq; 03-10-11 at 06:42 AM.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

The Dwayne Wade avatar completely negates your entire tl;dr write up. You're betting the Heat b/c you like them. It's 50/50 whether you win. BOL.

Pherst
    Pherst's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 167

It's a dangerous game. Miami are capable of anything, as are the Lakers. Personally I stay away from top teams playing each other with such short lines. You may as well toss a coin on this one...

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

I agree. This one is a coin toss. My brain is saying Lakers but my gut is saying Miami.

StanleySharp
    StanleySharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I'm ALL over Miami in this one.... couldn't agree more

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

why did he inflate the line to 2.5 if miami is the play? wouldnt he had droped it?

we both got $800 on this game.....

how about 91-90 LA....lets get that

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Brosuf View Post
    If you can write up a big one, make sure to write up a big one when you lose too.

It is only fair to do so ya know? An entro speech should be just as long as an exit speech.

just sharing. I'm riding with the heat too by the way.
    you should welcome writeups....even if you dont tail you can get something out of what he wrote and use it.

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

stupid bet. lakers flog the heat who are a 2 man team. Wade and le choke. Le Choke isnt a closer. Kobe is.

Lakers by 20.

kaijunn
    kaijunn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1361

Lakers gonna blow them out like they blew out the Spurs.

StanleySharp
    StanleySharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by kaijunn View Post
    Lakers gonna blow them out like they blew out the Spurs.
    Just like the Lakers blew out the Heat on Christmas day @ home, right? Nah... last time I checked the Heat won that game 96-80

Miami is the only play here..

csmkr18
    csmkr18's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Heat today, but I don't see so much value in it to place a bet.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

No such word as "firstly"

JR007

Shari wants me to take the "high road with you"...I will try it for awhile to see if it works...

thejrichshow85
    ban
    thejrichshow85's Avatar Become A Pro!

heat get this one 107-98

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Heat will make a fukking statement.. Heat ML, pound it!!!

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    why did he inflate the line to 2.5 if miami is the play? wouldnt he had droped it?

we both got $800 on this game.....

how about 91-90 LA....lets get that
    a lot of his guys are on the lakers. he had 2 this morning. i think he will close at that. i think he is leaning lakers too but liked what reasoning i was giving for the heat. 91-90 would be perfect

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

i doubt he will lose 2 in a row with big writeups

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    $880 to win $800

I have Miami +2.5 right now and everyone in my area is on the Lakers which makes me happy. I booked this a few hours ago after discussing it with my guy (dexter is he tricking me? I dont think) Miami is going to shock everyone in this game. The only way I THINK they will lose is if Bryant/Fisher bury a buzzer beater.

Firstly Wade and James always show up against their big bro bryant. In the last 4 times bryant and wade have meet (la and miami), each game has been decided by 3 or less points. Miami won two of those close games and the lakers won two, 1 of them on a buzzer beater 3 from kobe for the win (last year). In the two times Lebron and Bryant met last year, the Cavs won both. Miami is not an easy place for the Lakers to play. They typically have very close games there.

Everytime Bryant plays against Wade/James, you see great performances. These guys love battling against one another and we'll see great performances from all as usual. Wade is the streakiest player of the 3 but he is in a groove right now after that portland performance. Artest is slow-footed on the defensive end and I think he will be a non factor in this game. Its possible that if no one shows up early, Bryant may be forced into doing too much at times. I see a good game from Bryant but lets see if his teammates get themselves invovled when it matters. The one significant advantage the lakers don't have over the heat's biggest weakness is at the point guard position.

Odom will probably see some significant minutes here to help out on Bosh who I beleive will actually be a factor in this game. As I mentioned in another thread Gasol historically struggles defending PF's that play facing the basket. I think we will find him slow footed, whether its off the dribble or defending a screen. Gasol will get his on the offensive end though. Theres no one on the Heat that can really stop him its just a matter of how many touches he gets. Odom is always the x factor for the lakers. He seems to fade in games like this I will take my chances with Odom and the Lakers bench. Usually Bryant Fisher and Gasol are the ones that step up in these road games. Bynum should play pretty well down low but I don't see him playing more than 25-30 min as he is an easy target for Lebron and Wade to create contact with and get to the line.

Finally I see Miami's bench playing decent. They are getting wide open shots in all these games, its just a matter of knocking them down. In the end, these are still nba players. They're not going to continue missing wide open shots. Mike Miller/Mike Bibby/James Jones only need to knock down 1-2 3s each, with chalmers chipping in his usual 10 points, and Z/Dampier combining for 5-8 points. Thats all the Heat really need. I think the crowd will be rocking in this game and we will see the hit start drilling some 3s and getting their confidence. Lastly, when Wade and Lebron played against LA on Christmas, one thing you noticed about Wade and Lebron was they were not standing around waiting for 1 to make a play. They were moving because they constantly wanted to be part of the action.

I see this being a pretty close game throughout, but I think the Lakers will be trailing for the majority of the game, and will perhaps make a late run. In the end, I expect Miami to execute simply because they are playing the world champs. If the Lakers win this game I think it will really be on a buzzer beater from Bryant. I do not see the Lakers winning by more than 2 if they do.

This is just my opinion. I'm going to think about making a small $200 play on the ML tomorrow. I will post it in the newly created thread if I do.

Disagree with your thoughts on Artest. Lebron will get his in transition, but in the halfcourt Artest is still good enough to give him trouble and disrupt him. Don't forget how huge Ron was a couple weeks ago against the Thunder.

Agree very much with the Bynum statement. If he is forced to sit on the bench because of foul trouble, it changes the entire scope of the game.

7secondsOrLess

wat about nyk dal goat

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    No such word as "firstly"
    um...yes there is

jscol
    jscol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2293

I like how you discount the effect of Andrew Bynum. He could absolutely dominate this game inside. Who is gonna guard him? Dampier? Joel Anthony? Big Z?

Goat Milk

7 seconds, the New York is tough. I might take the Knicks but I don't know yet. what about you?

Jscol, I didn't discount Bynum, he will get his numbers in the 30 minutes he plays. The Lakers need to have odom in the game more though because Gasol can't guard Bosh. Bynum is always a force but its a matter of getting him the ball. The Lakers can easily get stagnant tonight and Bynum might not get as many touches as you might think.

7secondsOrLess

both are on 4 in 5 i believe, im sure ny will want to play hard against a top team in dallas. after a big letdown for dal last night not sure how they will react but they also play the lakers next

StackingStax
    StackingStax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

wow after that write up, i may think im going to lose my 1900... kind of too late to withdraw my bet since line moved and i laid this a little too early. So, lets just hope i win by a buzzer beater and you cover your bet. Goodluck!

3/10/11 2:04am $1,910.97 to win $1,364.98 Pending 3/10/11 7:05pm NBA Basketball 701 Los Angeles Lakers -140* vs Miami Heat

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Was doubting my LAL-1 play but now Goat Milk is on the opposite I feel much better. Miami is fast becoming the sucker play AGAIN for tonight. How many times do you want to bet a team that has no chemistry and is obviously not coping with pressure

madrabbit

Quote Originally Posted by StanleySharp View Post
    Just like the Lakers blew out the Heat on Christmas day @ home, right? Nah... last time I checked the Heat won that game 96-80

Miami is the only play here..
    miami is the only play here, you say that like youre a great capperlast time I checked this isnt christmas and both these teams are on different paths. Heat have lost 5 straight the lakers have won 8 straight. This isnt the same laker team theyre the best right now. Dont talk smack saying heat is the only play youre not a pro nor never will be.

madrabbit

Quote Originally Posted by StackingStax View Post
    wow after that write up, i may think im going to lose my 1900... kind of too late to withdraw my bet since line moved and i laid this a little too early. So, lets just hope i win by a buzzer beater and you cover your bet. Goodluck!

3/10/11 2:04am $1,910.97 to win $1,364.98 Pending 3/10/11 7:05pm NBA Basketball 701 Los Angeles Lakers -140* vs Miami Heat
    No way,. Becuase some smuch writes up jibberish ti make him feel better about his moron bet doesnt mean a thing. How could you bet against lakers the way theyve been playing. How could anyone bet on the heat the way theyve been playing let alone against the back to back champs on an 8 game win streak.

You will win easily. Lakers smash the heat into oblivion.

JR007

public perception built into the line...lakers are a "public" team......

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

HE BET THE HEAT AGAIN LAUGH MY FRIGGIN ASS OFF HILARIOUS. im posting this mid game with heat up 2 so i can come back when it goes down and reinforce the hilarity of this pick

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Props brother. Spot on write-up.

James didn't have a good game though.

12 Last