rapidfire5
    Update Status
    rapidfire5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Question about 2nd Half Bets

Quick question for you cappers who bet on 2H.

What is it people look for in value? I feel its kind of random and you can't really cap for 2H (expect for maybe ejections or injuries)

For example today Knicks vs Memphis, Half time score was 61-53 for New York. The 2H spread was NY +4.5. Won't the logical bet be betting on Grizz? Since they are at home and probably get back into this game?

EDIT: Just checked, Grizz did cover 2H 55-49. Only way i think you don't bet this is you believe Grizz will lose by at least 7 @ home...?

I won a 2H bet today on Bucks. Bucks were up 13 going into the half and it was Bucks -1.5. Only did it cause i know Cavs are whack......

Any suggestions for 2H bets?
    Thanks

rapidfire5
    Update Status

bumppppp

lolguy999
    C++ programming sucks..
    lolguy999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

Truthfully, 2H bets are kinda like suckerbets... because u don't know if the team's gonna step it up or just give up after the half, unless u see specific high values to bang them. In most cases like that, ud have to bet fast, cuz sharps are gonna pound the lines and they can move 0.5 points in less than 5 seconds up to like 5 points. So yah unless u know what you're doing careful!

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10430

sometimes its beneficial to consider 2nd half totals. many times a game will be say 136 for the game and the two teams will score a low total in the first half creating an opportunity to bet the over in the 2nd half because the game could still go under the total, but you can get value on the over 2nd half if you think the game might end up near the original game total. So say the teams score 56 in the first half on a 136 game total. 80 pt would need to be scored to get to the game total, but the 2nd half total might only be 71. To me there is value in betting that total because they probably wont score 80 (they could), but probably not, but they could def score 71 if you think the pace changes from the first half. just my take. my example was directed towards college, but same goes in nba

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

don't bet them

rapidfire5
    Update Status

yea it makes sense about the total

Maybe this example will explain why its better to bet 2H

Tonights Example
    Orlando -10 vs Kings
    Orlando was trailing the Kings by 3 at half time
    2H Spread was Magic -8
    The right move here would be taking Magic because its basically taking Magic as -5 for the entire game. You guys get what i mean?
    8 (spread) - 3(losing by 3 at half) = 5(the number they SHOULD win by)

Kings ended up covering by 1 pt. Thats because J Rich and Hedo missed 3 FT in the last 14 sec. Magic would have been the right play

Am i making sense? or is this theory totally off

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfire5 View Post
    yea it makes sense about the total Maybe this example will explain why its better to bet 2H Tonights Example Orlando -10 vs Kings Orlando was trailing the Kings by 3 at half time 2H Spread was Magic -8 The right move here would be taking Magic because its basically taking Magic as -5 for the entire game. You guys get what i mean? 8 (spread) - 3(losing by 3 at half) = 5(the number they SHOULD win by) Kings ended up covering by 1 pt. Thats because J Rich and Hedo missed 3 FT in the last 14 sec. Magic would have been the right play Am i making sense? or is this theory totally off
    In your example, yes you are basically getting the Magic at -5 (which is better than the -9 before tip) but what you have to keep in mind is that the game is half over so in reality you are actually not getting value from the game number offered prior to tipoff because half of 9 would be 4.5 and you just layed 5.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

There are definitely spots for it. For example, the Celtics today were down by 18, at home, against the Clippers at half. All 3 of those factors considered, it made Celtics 2H -10.5 a very good-looking play. Sure, its a lot of points, but all the Cs would have to do is lose by 7 or less for the bet to hit. As a big Celtics fan, I had a strong feeling they would come back and make it interesting, if not win outright. Unfortunately, they didn't get the W, but only lost by 5.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel asthough there is alot of value betting into 2nd H lines. Live In game even better. For instance this past Sunday Lakers @ Spurs I didnt have 1 single bet going into the game. Live during the game Lakers up by 21 and the line is -15 for the game. Watching the Spurs playing poorly I knew they wouldnt cover it so I pounded Lakers -15 at -110 for 5 units. I could of gotten a better line BEFORE the game but I decided not to touch it because I felt it was a trap game and I was right. People trying to be sharp taking the Spurs lol. So at half Lakers were up by 28. Spurs -7 was the line at the time before it went to -8. If I took which I did Spurs -7 for the 2nd H Im saying that they lose by no more than 21 points for a push 20 for a win. And I already had Lakers -15 for the game live in game bet. I bet the identical 5units on Spurs -7 2nd H hoping to hit the 5 point middle 6 for a push. And it hit. Spurs had a fantastic 4th and lost by 16. Hit LA -15 and SA-7 2nd H. There is value in 2nd H and Live in game aswell....

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

2H bets, in the long run, will send you below 50%.

rapidfire5
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by LostBankroll View Post
    I feel asthough there is alot of value betting into 2nd H lines. Live In game even better. For instance this past Sunday Lakers @ Spurs I didnt have 1 single bet going into the game. Live during the game Lakers up by 21 and the line is -15 for the game. Watching the Spurs playing poorly I knew they wouldnt cover it so I pounded Lakers -15 at -110 for 5 units. I could of gotten a better line BEFORE the game but I decided not to touch it because I felt it was a trap game and I was right. People trying to be sharp taking the Spurs lol. So at half Lakers were up by 28. Spurs -7 was the line at the time before it went to -8. If I took which I did Spurs -7 for the 2nd H Im saying that they lose by no more than 21 points for a push 20 for a win. And I already had Lakers -15 for the game live in game bet. I bet the identical 5units on Spurs -7 2nd H hoping to hit the 5 point middle 6 for a push. And it hit. Spurs had a fantastic 4th and lost by 16. Hit LA -15 and SA-7 2nd H. There is value in 2nd H and Live in game aswell....
    i was betting this game live as well. Spurs were down 20 in 2nd qtr, Spread came out to be Spurs +14, took that thinking Spurs will get back into it, they lost by 16 lol.......

top310
    top310's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2518

Just from my experience
    Dont make a 2nd half bet that will give you alot better number.

example Suns -5 today

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I think that 2nd half football bets and NBA are a lot better opportunities than CBB. The disparity of talent is just too large in CBB.

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

the best halftime bets are the favorites that are down by more than 5 and are getting a 2h number like -3 to winning the game by 2 or 3. And look for games where the favorite that is losing had a horrible first half shooting around 25% while the dog just went nutz shooting more than 50%. A good majority of the time, the favorite wakes up for the 2h and wins outright and comfortably covering the 2h line.