pstaff1989
    pstaff1989's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miami vs Portland opinions/comments

Heat are pretty steep favorites here laying 8.5, I was thinking it would be more like 5.5 or 6 with how poorly they have been playing and how well Portland is playing.

any thoughts? could Portland win this one SU?

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

doubt portland can win su, heat wil lbe looking for some blood, they should be able to handle this game

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

Im taking heat - whatever.....they are pissed and they have been getting huge leads and blowing them in the 2nd half....i think the heat get a big lead and keep pouring it on......they NEED this game to try n turn things around.No doubt they will come out ready to kick some ass

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Heat ML is good. They lose against portland and the news will go into the locker room to see how loud they will cry next. The way the trio was interviewed from the previous game, they looked embarrassed. Wade had a hard time looking straight into the camera.

Heat is known to kill weaker teams and poor Portland has to be the guinea pig when the heat is running mad.

Then again, portland will up their game in knowing that heat is a raging bull for tonight's game.

POrtland is running hot, winning 3 in a row. They sure would like to win so they can be as cool as them Denver Nuggets with the same record in their own conference.

Heat winning or losing, no matter to their record. Portland is still chasing records so they still want to play ball.

I'm taking heat because I hate grown up men cry wee wee all the way home to their mommy. I might loose spread and ML don't pay good so I'll bet small just hoping that heat wins SU somehow. I just feel so sorry for them miami heat with the press all up in their franchise and all.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Blazers are not an elite team, and offer the Heat their best chance recently to break the losing skid. Normally I would say they're looking ahead to the Lakers right here, but realistically, the Heat's need for a win outweighs anything but the game at hand. However, I don't like -8.5 on a team that's struggling, no matter how talented the individual pieces are.

My play on this game (still undecided on whether or not to do it) would be Heat 1Q -3 (1u). That gives you 12 minutes to assess whether or not they came to play. If you win, you're up 1u. If you lose but like what you see from Miami, you will likely have the opportunity to get a game line live at a better number than -8.5. Or you can just accept the 1u loss if they look lost again.

I personally think the Heat will take this game by DD, but this game is one of the less appealing plays on tomorrow's card. The Blazers have been playing well, but they're not the Celtics/Bulls/Lakers/Magic/Spurs. They are very beatable for the Heat.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

HEAT always get two extra points by Vegasoddsmakers for no reason other than to make it hard for Heat favorites backers to win.

NBA_Brosuf

Heat this season has not had a 5 games losing streak. Their last 4 games losing streak, they raped someone by a ton.

Heat raping Toronto W 120-103

Spread is still kinda high though. How can you lose 4 straight and can still give up 8.5 points to an above .500 team?

Only in Miami I guess. Someone should bet ML portland just for the hell of it.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Oh kids keep putting money on the heat and keep losing. Portland playing decent basketball as of late. Winners of 6 straight on the road and of course all the money most likely will be on the Heat. Course they did cry right they are struggling so obviously they will turn it around not so fast my friends. Portland is loaded with quite a bit of talent and matches up well with the Heat. Course they did lose in overtime the first time these two teams played Portland was without Brandon Roy and no Gerald Wallace. Should be a good game get the tissues ready i see the Heat crying again after this game.

TechnicallyFoul
    TechnicallyFoul's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Safe play: Portland on a tease.

Qtip
    Qtip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

Portland on a B2B, ML would be real dumb. But yeah 6.5 is more like it imo.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im going to take Heat 1h they always come out blazing. In my opinion that is probably the safest bet if you have to bet this game.

ugabooga
    ugabooga's Avatar Become A Pro!

No play for me but i like the they're embarrassed rationale so they're more likely to cover than not imo.

playboy_1
    playboy_1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Brosuf View Post
    Heat this season has not had a 5 games losing streak. Their last 4 games losing streak, they raped someone by a ton. Heat raping Toronto W 120-103 Spread is still kinda high though. How can you lose 4 straight and can still give up 8.5 points to an above .500 team? Only in Miami I guess. Someone should bet ML portland just for the hell of it.
    come one bro fuk the raptors blazer is totaly different team

NBA_Brosuf

Quote Originally Posted by playboy_1 View Post
    come one bro fuk the raptors blazer is totaly different team
    When people say betting trend, that is what it is. They see a trend and they bet basing it upon a trend. I see that miami has only 4 losing streak so far. Will they get beat up by portland to make it a new season record for them with 5? Perhaps but isn't another trend that miami likes to beat up poor teams after they get beat up by an elite team?

Portland over TO but I'm projecting that even with their new acquired player, they can get better but not at the heat crying shame better. Portland to cover the spread, that I can see but not winning straight up. If Miami losing to portland SU and we will say that Miami is not for real. I'm not defending Miami either. If they had not cry on the previous game, I wouldn't use this emotional logic on betting with them for the win.

I just like these revenge game angles or I'm playing mad theory. The world is watching Miami and wishing that miami is going to loose so the news can go crazy on them with another crying shame game.

See you on the news buddy.

ugabooga
    ugabooga's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heat haven't covered in 6 games, Portland have covered their last 5 on the road.

Enter the law of averages...

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

I'd be more confident laying -15 on the Heat vs a crappy team, the spread vs Portland is an easy trap.

Does anyone else find it interesting that the public is still going huge on the Heat even after all this drama and facts about them not performing vs playoff teams?

baldur
    baldur's Avatar Become A Pro!

portland is not top class team like orlando, san antonio and chicago.
    miami will win and cover imho.

thaman79
    thaman79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

Yea, Heat going to come out and play. I think Portland will hang in there. I like the over at 185.5. Good luck everyone.

tonidc8
    tonidc8's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on the over too. BOL

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

portland will keep this a reasonable game. portland or no play

pstaff1989
    pstaff1989's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am considering a small play on the Heat money line, I just don't know if there ego will let them continue to lose games

ended up throwing $102.50 on it to at heat -410
    Last edited by pstaff1989; 03-08-11 at 07:31 AM.

Rolo1984
    Rolo1984's Avatar Become A Pro!

hi guys

like mentioned before. Is betting on miami on 1st quarter and /or 1st half not huge +EV. In all games at home against chicago, new york, orlando they seem to come ouy blazing.What do you guys think?

Will be an interesing game. Dont know much about nba. But this game could be great for miami. It is just all psychology after these losses they feel emberrassed, egos come in play. Additionally they are creating a public enemy: everyone wants us to lose. They had a day to prepare. I think these last matches can be a very good thing for the heat as it comes to teambuilding. A danger is they want it to much and are forcing. All in all very interesting to see what happens and how they react.

grizzlies1
    grizzlies1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Could someone with more knowledge than me tell me what they think is a better bet for a couple of units

Heat 1st quarter -2.5

Heat 1st half - 4.5

I'm leaning 1st quarter as I do think they will come out firing on all cylinders, ???? Thanks.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by pstaff1989 View Post
    Heat are pretty steep favorites here laying 8.5, I was thinking it would be more like 5.5 or 6 with how poorly they have been playing and how well Portland is playing.

any thoughts? could Portland win this one SU?
    Can't help by laugh at reasoning like Heat are angry so they will win. Heat are talented, more talented then the Blazers. The line is set too high however because its the Heat and the books have to set it that high cause everyone knows the Heat are angry and will bet them. But i dont think the line is too high for them to cover. Blazers have some great talent too and are a very good team but not so much on the road. The game in Portland had Heat as 5 point favs so this line is not surprising. Heat won that game by 7 btw, if that was the case today (game in Portland) i'd say Blazers even have a shot at winning this game, but not on the road. I think the Heat bounce back nicely in this one but see no value in playing a line you know if higher just cause of the public action.

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    My play on this game (still undecided on whether or not to do it) would be Heat 1Q -3 (1u). That gives you 12 minutes to assess whether or not they came to play. If you win, you're up 1u. If you lose but like what you see from Miami, you will likely have the opportunity to get a game line live at a better number than -8.5. Or you can just accept the 1u loss if they look lost again.
    Thats interesting. I've been exploring live betting recently and have found some great lines here and there. Unfortunately not many books offer live bets on non national TV games like Pinny so i wont have the option to do that for this game.

Live betting is pretty awesome though, i'm still stuck at bodog and i was ready to quit. Their live betting area offers lines and MLs very sporadically and might not offer them at all during some breaks. But i recently found ANOTHER section for live bets on the site there is "Live" java powered graphics that offers BS bets like is Lebron gonna hit his free throw and sometimes ML, and "Live In Play" that offers ML and lines more consistently which is all i'm interested in.

rixster22
    rixster22's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the heat in this one they need a big win

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Since its a b2b, does this mean Roy isn't playing tonight?

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by CHAZ View Post
    Since its a b2b, does this mean Roy isn't playing tonight?
    no, they stopped doing that.

EastOakland
    EastOakland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

Under 1st half and game only good play

xX Das Boot Xx
    xX Das Boot Xx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

wait for the public to make portlands line more appealing because everyone thinks that heat will definitely come out to play even though they have been giving 100% the last 4 games

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the Heat come out and put it on the Blazers.... The Heat's manhood is on the line. ESPN totally took the crying thing out of context. Nobody saw any Heat players crying, the coach just made a dumb comment and threw his team under the bus. ESPN is having a field day with all the crying referrences.

The Heat will come out with a it's us against the world mentality. Wouldn't be surprised if the Heat win by 20 points.

I want really bad to go large on this game but I try to avoid betting the NBA. The main reason I dislike the NBA is b/c players rarely give 100% effort. I think the Heat will give 110% tonight. The media pretty much said D-Wade and Lebron you guys are pussy cry baby bitches.... and the fact is these guys are the 2 best players in the game.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heat 1Q , 1H locked

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

The one thing that does concern me is the Blazers have Gerald Wallace and he is the best defensive forward in the game and will make Lebron work hard for everything he gets.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    The Blazers are not an elite team, and offer the Heat their best chance recently to break the losing skid. Normally I would say they're looking ahead to the Lakers right here, but realistically, the Heat's need for a win outweighs anything but the game at hand. However, I don't like -8.5 on a team that's struggling, no matter how talented the individual pieces are.

I personally think the Heat will take this game by DD, but this game is one of the less appealing plays on tomorrow's card. The Blazers have been playing well, but they're not the Celtics/Bulls/Lakers/Magic/Spurs. They are very beatable for the Heat.
    I think that if the blazers were all healthy this year they would easily have a 2-3 seed in the west. they have been without their best player most of the season, lost oden once again, camby has been out awhile. I am 100% confident that now that the blazers are all getting healthy and Brandon Roy is playing like a stud since he returned, Portland will be the team NOBODY wants to face in the playoffs. 8.5 seems like so much for the heat. if the heat hadn't lost 4 straight, Portland would be an easy play here.

demens
    Square -910

Healthy Blazers being better then the Spurs,Lakers and Mavs.

12 Last