zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

Lebron James... Most Overrated Athlete Ever

8 years in the NBA and all he has been able to do is beat the teams with less talent...

Lebron's a freak of nature, but basketball doesn't just require "the freak syndrome"... it requires finesse. Kobe has it... Durant has it... Jordan had it... Mullin had it... Magic had it... Lebron does not... that's why he doesn't finish, and you see bricks at the end of games. In addition the elite teams in the NBA know he is not good enough to beat them... that's why they keep winning, because they have confidence in knowing Lebron is overrated and simply does not have the talent to finish 4 out of 7 games in a playoff series.

Everyone is enamoured by his powerful dunks and his big time numbers, but what most fail to realize is he lacks finesse and is probaby the worst player in the league when it comes to taking the last shot. Sure he has his moments, but the bad ones have always and will always outweigh the good... the dude is a brick artist.

I can honestly say, I don't ever remember an athlete getting more unjustified praise than this guy... when all he has proven is that he is simply a freak of nature who can't finish.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

so when he hits his next 3 game winners you will take give me 5 points for the 15 seconds of my life that it took to read this...

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BetterBizness View Post
    so when he hits his next 3 game winners you will take give me 5 points for the 15 seconds of my life that it took to read this...
    when has he hit three game winners in a row ever?

and lebron is trash , yes he is a good nba player, overrated yes

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

agreed, the guy is a gifted athlete, he is not gifted in basketball ability

sure he puts up big numbers and helps blow out mediocre or bad teams

but on those days that really matter, if the game is on the line he does not have the ability to lead his team to victory

not only because he lucks that kind of skill and instinct, but also, whose gonna follow this guy? he is an overhyped diva

ChileCheese
    ChileCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 256

The thing is.. LeBron is probably an underrated athlete. He is that impressive as a human specimen, and proof that Chris Rock was right that shit will happen when you only keep this biggest and baddest slaves around. Im sure if you gave him a pair of skates, and a trainer, he could dominate hockey.
    But he is overrated as a basketball player. Just lacks a certain something in his style which is hard to articulate at this point of his career, but I am sure will be evident when he retires without any NBA rings. Guys like him, Carter, McGrady, etc... who are just too naturally talented and never were challenged as they matured never amount to anything.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BetterBizness View Post
    There is no argument here whatsoever. 5 points... haha. Your post is as weak as Lebron's ability to hit game winning shots.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

This thread needs to be deleted. LeBron James is far from overrated. Winning takes team chemistry, not just being a superstar. I think that LeBron is unfairly attacked. Wouldn't anyone else like to possess the same talents that he has?

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO

delete the thread? at this point 4 people in this thread think is overrated and 2 don't? it's a valid argument.

sportsfan1126
    sportsfan1126's Avatar Become A Pro!

The guy is overrated that's for sure.

Ochocinco85mvp
    Ochocinco85mvp's Avatar Become A Pro!

I somewhat agree....he is not a clutch player like kobe is. Hes a great player physically, and when he isnt under pressure like a last shot, hes almost unstoppable. He needs to be a clutch player in down to the wire games to be considered as good as kobe or better IMO

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Zammer stop with comparing Mullin with Big Timers

Lebron is very good, makes all players better

I say he will win a few

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

He is a great player but has been thrown on a team where he was the only dominant one... and now a team where there is no chemistry whatsoever.... To say he is overrated is crazy... Its saying you depend on him for everything.

He is a very gifted athlete..

I would love to see him play football though... just like those old commercials he was in blocking that fg...

Imagine Lebron being a tight end? or a wide receiver? Damnnn

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Step away from the crack. Lebron is either the best or 2nd best player in the nba(depending on where you rank Kobe). Look at what he did for Cavs and Heat will be title contenders for years. The guy is expected to make every shot, but no player can do that.

Please don't use Chris Mullin and finesse in the same sentence. Great shooter, but he wasn't the smoothest player on court.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Chris Mullin?

Come on pal

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    This thread needs to be deleted. LeBron James is far from overrated. Winning takes team chemistry, not just being a superstar. I think that LeBron is unfairly attacked. Wouldn't anyone else like to possess the same talents that he has?
    ROFL. delete the thread? Holy shit do you own stock in Lebron James?

lol.

Yes the guy is overrated, yes he's talented, but he's not michael jordan.

yankeerick
    yankeerick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

not taking sides with lebron,but lets put of the superstars with the nets or clippers
    and let me see them taking one of those teams to the play off.
    just like a coach is very easy to win when you have a team of superstars like phil jackson
    from jordan to kobe even i can win with those teams.

Nookx
    Nookx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

We wanted Lebron James to be the best athlete of all time, and now reality is setting in and even though he is great he may not be the best of all time. That is why it is sad.

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    ROFL. delete the thread? Holy shit do you own stock in Lebron James? lol. Yes the guy is overrated, yes he's talented, but he's not michael jordan.
    So hes not the best NBA player of all time. So what. As another poster said earlier he's either the best player or 2nd best player in the league. (and its not really debatable either) so how is he overrated?? stop comparing him to Jordan and then we can stop calling him overrated.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

i dont know y u consider lebron overrated. is he not the best or second best player in the nba? all those players, kobe, jordan, etc they are shooting guards/ scorers, their jobs are to score. lebron is not even a scorer hes pg in a pf's body.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 311

Chris Mullins isn't a pimple on James' ass and was never close.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

he's good, but not when it counts, which is all that matters

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 311

Wade is more overrated than James by quite a bit IMO

ZZPop
    ZZPop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

They probably wouldnt even be in those situations without lebron.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Anybody who self proclaimed themselves KING without a title or a ring is overrated...

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Before this season, LeBron was statistically at the top of the NBA in clutch performance.

This year he has struggled in that department, but I don't think its anything that should lead him to be characterized as "overrated"

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Too much overlap between Lebron and Wade. Both are holding back, for the team, and also have to leave room for Bosh. Never going to work. Their offense is stalling, because they're not a crisp passing team like the Celtics. Then, when they don't know what to do, either Lebron or Wade go back to their old ways of doing it alone, but by now they've lost some of the sharpness at doing so. The whole thing is just a dumb experiment.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

hes the a-rod of basketball..... good for the first 47 mins only.

GJMike
    GJMike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1134

When talking about pure athleticism, where do you guys rank Lebron against someone like Bo Jackson? Assuming you guys are old enough to know who he is..

When it comes to pure athletes, he and MJ really stand out to me.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by Ochocinco85mvp View Post
    I somewhat agree....he is not a clutch player like kobe is. Hes a great player physically, and when he isnt under pressure like a last shot, hes almost unstoppable. He needs to be a clutch player in down to the wire games to be considered as good as kobe or better IMO
    I don't get where this idea that Kobe is great with the last shot came from... is it because he takes so many?

Kobe is 6/22 with game-tying/winning shots in the playoffs... that's 27%... hardly impressive, right? Obviously Lebron isn't much better, if it all, but let's not pretend Kobe is some god in the clutch (again, in terms of the final shot. He and Lebron both are very clutch in the last 5 mins of games, but neither are for the final shot)

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

kobe has 26 game winners, 6 last season alone. but this moron thinks hes not clutch. lol

how many does lebron have?

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post

I don't get where this idea that Kobe is great with the last shot came from... is it because he takes so many?

Kobe is 6/22 with game-tying/winning shots in the playoffs... that's 27%... hardly impressive, right? Obviously Lebron isn't much better, if it all, but let's not pretend Kobe is some god in the clutch (again, in terms of the final shot. He and Lebron both are very clutch in the last 5 mins of games, but neither are for the final shot)
    Lebron is something like 5/9 in game winning playoff shots.

Statistically, the percentage on any type of game winning/tying shot is going to be extremely low. I would tend to guess the league average is somewhere around 25-35%.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    kobe has 26 game winners, 6 last season alone. but this moron thinks hes not clutch. lol

Kobe also has been in the league how long? How many attempts has he taken? Has to be close to 150.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

kobe has more game winners than jordan, nuff said.

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

I love watching Lebron James play ball.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post

I'm convinced you can't read. I said Lebron isn't very good with game winners... what does that have to do with Kobe being bad too? Unless 27% in playoffs is clutch now?

I've read the league average is ~30%, but I'm not sure how accurate that is, so I won't use it

123 Last