DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8468

If James doesn't win a championship in Miami ......

Does that just simply mean he isn't as good as we are led to believe?

Let's say he doesn't get a ring this year, the next or the next. Can he then be even considered in the same league as Jordan or Kobe?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Then I tend to agree but I say he does

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Heat still have to fill out the rest of their roster with Wade & Boshead.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

he should never be compared to jordan or kobe... He forfieted that right when he went to play with wade and bosh... Ring or no ring

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't see how anyone can say Lebron isn't as good as we were led to believe when you take a look at the Cavs this year. Two years ago they were 66-16, last year they were 61-21, this year they are 12-49.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

He'll have serious image problems if he doesn't pull down a couple of championships.

BadBeatBodog
    BadBeatBodog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    I don't see how anyone can say Lebron isn't as good as we were led to believe when you take a look at the Cavs this year. Two years ago they were 66-16, last year they were 61-21, this year they are 12-49.
    This is probably the most accurate way to judge his value right now. Just making a blanket statement that if he doesn't win a championship in the next few years means he is overrated is very flawed as the statement relies on far too many unknown factors in the future that are out of James' control (other teams getting much better, injuries to him or teammates, etc...) . Looking at the Cavs in the past few years with and without James, however, singles him out for the most part (yes I know there has been other roster turnover) to show what effect he has on a team.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

they arent winning shit this year. I said it in July and Ill say it again. Signing Chris Bosh to lebon/dwayne money was laughable. It leaves you with enough to pay guys like mike miller and mike bibby. Please.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Who said Lames is good? He won nothing in his career. Looks like he is a cancer everywhere he goes and makes his teammates worse with his antics.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

winning a championship has more to do with having a great coach and TEAM, not just individual stars. He could very well be the greatest in NBA history and never win a championship, if he's in the wrong setting. Many greats have never tasted gold like Stockton & Malone, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Barry Sanders etc....

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

If James doesn't win a championship in Miami... He'll just take his talents to Hollywood or Beantown.

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Who said Lames is good? He won nothing in his career. Looks like he is a cancer everywhere he goes and makes his teammates worse with his antics.
    You're right, he's terrible, Cavaliers clearly doing much better without him.

AMcBoarder
    AMcBoarder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Lebron is a very talented player. I don't think anyone can argue that. As a person though, he's been spoiled and had his ego built up since jr high. This guy feels he's entitled to be labeled one of the best in the league. He doesn't have the heart of a champion though and that will be exposed as his career plays out.

ChileCheese
    ChileCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 256

If the owners initiate a Lockout in the summer, whereby a hard cap is installed, and is lowered from the current threshold of what I believe is $68,000.000... Then LeBron and Co. are in big, big trouble. And I just cant see a ring ever coming his way.
    That is, unless Riley has the balls to trade Bosh and get players who actually fit the roles needed for a champion ship team.
    Any Raptor fan could tell you the last few years what everyone is learning now. Bosh is a shooting guard in a power forwards body.. but does not have the ability to take over a game in the late stages like a Kobe, Wade, Lebron, etc....
    But ya, a Lockout pretty much seals this teams fate.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

You're right, he's terrible, Cavaliers clearly doing much better without him.
    The thread title by OP talks about Championship not whether he is a good player. If you think the Heat will win a championship this year you are mistaken.

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

They sure were celebrating like they won it already!

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post

The thread title by OP talks about Championship not whether he is a good player. If you think the Heat will win a championship this year you are mistaken.
    So you weren't referencing whether or not he is a good player when you started your post with "Who said Lames is good?" That makes sense.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

That is so misleading. Not only did they lose Lebron but they also lost their bigs in Shaq and Z, then their other big Verajao got injured along with Mo and Jamison, plus Delonte West was traded and your talking about 80% of your starting 5 was missing. Cleveland hasn't had a consistent lineup all year.

Say what you want but that Cleveland team could go 10-11 deep with very good role players that played good defense. You don't win 66 games with a bunch of shit. They were pretty good but just needed one more piece to help Lebron. That team was much better than this Heat team.

Even with this ragtag group of misfits, the Cavs still have beaten the best teams in the league. They have made some excellent moves at the trade deadline and are in good shape to get better in a hurry. I think they could very well win a title before El Heat.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

He should have went to the Knicks with Amare. They would be awesome with those dudes the Knicks traded.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Dumb post.

Cavs had Z, Mo, Varejao, Shaq and LeQuit's daddy West.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

So you weren't referencing whether or not he is a good player when you started your post with "Who said Lames is good?" That makes sense.
    I meant good to win a championship. Again the thread is about James winning a championship and not whether he is a good individual player.

Eating Bookies
    Useful idiot
    Eating Bookies's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think he will. The Bulls will win one before "El Heat" does.

MattysBLAZIN
    MattysBLAZIN's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe if the they stop thinking they're the Globetrotters and play like a "real" team

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

It takes a team. Miami doesn't have enough. Lebron picked the wrong team. 72 wins would have been in danger if he had joined Rose & Co.

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Well he certainly isn't in the same league as Jordan. Nobody is. While Lebron is a great player, he does need to win a title. And not just 1, but multiple. The positive thing for him is that he doesn't need to win as many as Kobe to surpass him on the all time list.. He will get there, eventually...

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ChileCheese View Post
    If the owners initiate a Lockout in the summer, whereby a hard cap is installed, and is lowered from the current threshold of what I believe is $68,000.000... Then LeBron and Co. are in big, big trouble. And I just cant see a ring ever coming his way. That is, unless Riley has the balls to trade Bosh and get players who actually fit the roles needed for a champion ship team. Any Raptor fan could tell you the last few years what everyone is learning now. Bosh is a shooting guard in a power forwards body.. but does not have the ability to take over a game in the late stages like a Kobe, Wade, Lebron, etc.... But ya, a Lockout pretty much seals this teams fate.
    a lotta teams other than the heat would be in trouble

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

lots of great players never won rings. 1 person doesnt win championships, teams do.