lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Brook Lopez vs Il Mago

Brook Lopez vs Andrea Bargnani

Who would you rather have on your team and why?

MB
    MB's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd take Lopez even though he's weak. The potential is there, just not the smartest ball player.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

I think Bargnani would work better at PF than C. Like Gasol, he's too soft to defend centers.

Regarding the question, depends on who I have on PF/C on the roster.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

I'm a Nets fan and i HATE Brook Lopez. He's a soft little bitch, but honestly, Bargnani is 2x as soft. As nice as his jumper is, the guy doesn't bring anything else to the game. And for the position he is suppose to plays you cant have the weaknesses he does, even if his strengths can cause mismatches he just gives all of it away and more. He needs to be your teams 1st or 2nd scorer to even be a factor and if thats the case your teams is gonna SUCK.

With Brook, he at least has the tools to be a factor on defense and as a rebounder. If someone can light a fire under his ass and take away the responsibilities of being the best scoring option for a team i think he just might have a chance of becoming a useful player on a winning team some day.

asjulian
    asjulian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

Both underrated players. Brook with Deron Williams has stepped up his game. Regarding their weak rebounding numbers I truly believe their are a few factor to consider: they don't seem to care to grab them. I think they both assume that their offensive game and other talents are enough. They both leave them to other players, as if they do not have to do the dirty work. They both leave the rebounds to their less talented PFs but better a getting the misses. Its almost like if they both were 6-9 or 6-10 instead of 7 feet they would be considered better players.

So who's the better player? I personally think that Bargnani is more talented offensively and would be even better if he played PF along side a Perkins/Chandler type of center. His blocks are down this year though. Brook seems to at certain times lack confidence but with time is going to be a great player. Andrea's jump shot is really one of the best in the league and he is destined to become a Nowitzki type player when Toronto starts getting some talent.

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by asjulian View Post
    Both underrated players. Brook with Deron Williams has stepped up his game. Regarding their weak rebounding numbers I truly believe their are a few factor to consider: they don't seem to care to grab them. I think they both assume that their offensive game and other talents are enough.
    Huh? Thats not a factor to "consider", they should be taken outside and whipped like slaves for that idiotic mentality. Yes i went there, neither of them is black so its ok.

You dont care to grab rebounds? Then dont be a center in the NBA you pussy. Go be a security guard or whatever else overgrown freaks like you do if they can't make it in sports.

romecloneout
    romecloneout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 489

think both are shit, but gun to head id tak bar

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by romecloneout View Post
    think both are shit, but gun to head id tak bar
    DWill gotta make Brook look good for the Nets to put a package around him for Howard next year.

Wishful thinking....or is it....

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Bargnani is a fukking idiot.

asjulian
    asjulian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    Huh? Thats not a factor to "consider", they should be taken outside and whipped like slaves for that idiotic mentality. Yes i went there, neither of them is black so its ok.

You dont care to grab rebounds? Then dont be a center in the NBA you pussy. Go be a security guard or whatever else overgrown freaks like you do if they can't make it in sports.
    Bargnani is not a center. He did not play center in Italy when he played for Benetton Treviso and is being played out of position now in the NBA. He is not tough, true, its not part of his DNA. Some players are and some are not. Also, he is in the NBA and you are not so maybe you should just chill out a bit and stop crying that you played basketball, sucked and didn't make it.