No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I like the Spurs, but why only -2?

Doesn't it seem like SA should be about -4 in this spot? Miami has an inferior record, hasn't beaten anyone elite this year, and is making a long trip the day after a demoralizing loss to face the best team in the NBA on their court.

Yet they're +2?

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

SA would be -5 with Tony Parker.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Not to mention the ML has gone from -140 to the -125/-130 range.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Well if San An was -4 that would only make Miami -2 at home against the Spurs. When was the last time you saw the Heat only favored by -2 at home. The line is accurate. There is no games or tricks/traps. just pick the winner. Sharps are on both sides.

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is alwaysss HUGE money bet on the Heat. It doesn't matter who they are playing or the situation, you always get a ton of action on Miami. That's why almost every Heat line looks a little off.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Well if San An was -4 that would only make Miami -2 at home against the Spurs. When was the last time you saw the Heat only favored by -2 at home. The line is accurate. There is no games or tricks/traps. just pick the winner. Sharps are on both sides.
    You really think Miami would be more than -2 at home against the best team in the NBA?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I'm not saying there are tricks or traps, lyon -- just trying to read this line and why it is what it is.

IMHO, it should be SA -4.

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

You really think Miami would be more than -2 at home against the best team in the NBA?
    I'd give anyone 5-1 odds that the Heat would definitely be more than -2 against any team in the NBA. Think about it. They were -7 against Boston for christs sakes after Boston beat them.

playboy_1
    playboy_1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

I'm not saying there are tricks or traps, lyon -- just trying to read this line and why it is what it is. IMHO, it should be SA -4.
    if it is regular teams yes.belive me miami get alot of actions to night..big money on them.i realy dont know how they gone get it done.cause they are having big problem stop the fast point guard.and outside shooter.well spurs will be no different

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

heat making a statement is how much the spread worth. You think heat is not scrutinize by the fact that their record against elites teams is like my nba capping ratios which is below par?

And San Antonio is not playing well as of late. If SA conditions is on constant then yes, I believe they can play well by defending their home court.

SA, when they come off from a Loss, Win....they usually win a back to back win coming from a loss but here's the deal. Them teams that they won back to back coming from a loss are chitty teams. Well not quite. They lost to orlando then slayed Washington then slayed them Lakers but besides that, all bunk looking teams.

Spurs next game is against Lakers at home on Sunday.

Wow, spurs having these good back to back games and at home. If Spurs can beat both Miami and Lakers at home by being a hurt team, they are the real deal. Their home record would be more impressive and I'm stroke with seeing them in the playoffs.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not to mention the ML has gone from -140 to the -125/-130 range.
    Because Spurs backers are primarily playing the spread, not the ML. There's no mystery here.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjones55 View Post
    I'd give anyone 5-1 odds that the Heat would definitely be more than -2 against any team in the NBA. Think about it. They were -7 against Boston for christs sakes after Boston beat them.
    Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't think twice about this line. I'm just surprised that, given what transpired last night and the kind of B2B they're having to play on, it's not higher.

I guess Parker being out has something to do with it.

raiders32
    raiders32's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the Heat win tonight easily.

asjulian
    asjulian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

This game is gonna be a heat blowout... the spurs without parker will not be able to score enough to keep up. The heat are also 4-1 ATS when underdogs. Take Miami!

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

It's because the Spurs have no answer for Bosh. And big Z is going to teach Mr. Fundamental a lesson about the perimeter jumper.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by asjulian View Post
    This game is gonna be a heat blowout... the spurs without parker will not be able to score enough to keep up. The heat are also 4-1 ATS when underdogs. Take Miami!
    Great size sample.

Truth Be Told
    Truth Be Told's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take the Heat.

Lock it up

him88002
    him88002's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

The Spurs will take this one.

Soon2BRich
    Soon2BRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

is tony parker back already?