Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

LeBron sprains ankle, questionable for Thursday

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James left the game against the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday night with an injured left ankle and did not return.

"It's sprained pretty good, but nothing serious," James said after Detroit's 96-73 victory. "You never really know until the next day, but I've had them before, and this is nothing that bad."

James landed awkwardly while being guarded by Tayshaun Prince on a three-point play late in the third quarter. The MVP candidate hopped on his right foot, keeping weight off his left foot, and was checked out on the court by Cavs athletic trainer Max Benton.

Following a timeout, James made a free throw to complete his three-point play and was taken out a second later. James left the court moments later and had X-rays taken. The Cavs said his status is day to day.

Cleveland hosts the New York Knicks on Thursday, and the Cavs might decide to play it safe by resting James because they can't improve or hurt their position as the fourth-seeded team in the Eastern Conference playoffs.

"If I don't feel 100 percent tomorrow, I won't go," James said.

James had 22 points on 8-of-18 shooting through three quarters and Detroit was leading 75-51.

Early in the fourth quarter, Cavs forward Alan Henderson dislocated a finger on his right hand on a missed dunk and did not return.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

the cavs should feel lucky it's just sprained.