flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Right here.
    0:38 Ray Allen away from ball foul (John Salmons draws the foul) 86-82

C's up 4, Bucks ball.
    C's are UNDER the limit.
    Foul to give.
    They are not shooting free throws until the second foul UNLESS, there is a foul away from the ball BEFORE the inbounds.
    Only way.

Ray Allen is a very smart man, off the court and on.
    He was an honor student at UCONN, and has been taught the game of basketball by the very best minds, Calhoun, Rivers, the list is endless.
    He (and the ref) knew the game line was 6.5, he knows not to foul before the inbound, he knows the rules, he knows his team has a foul to give.

By putting the Bucks on the line (needlessly) , they cut into the four point lead, making a 6.5 or 7 point outcome so much more improbable.
    Sure as shit, free throw made, 3 point game, instead of 4, if the Bucks don't go to the line, miss the shot, C's rebound, they get fouled immediatly, start doing the math.

That full of shit, phantom, bogus call virtually ensured a Buck cover.

3 out of 4 rigged outcomes are results of refs calls, usually set up in advance, like refs calling nit-pick touch fouls in the beginning of a half to ensure the other team to go to the line later in the half, often.

One more thing, Bucks let Pierce dribble out the clock after the rebound at the end.
    Hmmm, most teams foul there, no foul, why? Celtics don't cover, 72 percent of the public on the Celtics lose.

p.s. I was on the under, no sour grapes here.
    If this is your evidence than you are completely out of your mind. if allen doesn't foul, the bucks can make a 2 or 3 point shot. lead down to 1 or 2. time on clock, still around 20 seconds. quick foul, get the ball back down 2, 3, or 4. quick shot, ect. until game over. The way i see it, anytime the team trailing by 4 with 38 seconds left and getting the ball, they probably will cover a 6 1/2 pt spread.

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

Ray Allen is a very smart man, off the court and on.
    He was an honor student at UCONN, and has been taught the game of basketball by the very best minds, Calhoun, Rivers, the list is endless.
    He (and the ref) knew the game line was 6.5, he knows not to foul before the inbound, he knows the rules, he knows his team has a foul to give.

I'm sure the list isn't endless, and you're speculating that they both knew the line, and were in on it. Maybe Salmons was in on it too. Why did he only make 1 free throw? if he made both free throws, they would have been down 2, not 3. making the cover even more assured.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by flocko76 View Post
    If this is your evidence than you are completely out of your mind. if allen doesn't foul, the bucks can make a 2 or 3 point shot. lead down to 1 or 2. time on clock, still around 20 seconds. quick foul, get the ball back down 2, 3, or 4. quick shot, ect. until game over. The way i see it, anytime the team trailing by 4 with 38 seconds left and getting the ball, they probably will cover a 6 1/2 pt spread.
    Why foul at all?
    What reason?
    They are down 4, why would the Celtics want the Bucks on the line down 4?
    Make them earn the points while chewing clock.

That game outcome was so controlled.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by flocko76 View Post
    Why did he only make 1 free throw?
    Because the Celtics were UNDER the limit, the away from the ball, before the inbound infraction violation is one shot (plus ball back) when the violating team is UNDER the limit with a foul (s) to give.

Bucks made the one free throw allowed, cutting it to three, got the ball back, but missed next shot on goal try

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

So Allen fouled intentionally to give Bucks a chance to tie the game (free throw + 3 pointer)? Hard to believe it. You do have a case on refs though.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
    So Allen fouled intentionally to give Bucks a chance to tie the game (free throw + 3 pointer)? Hard to believe it. You do have a case on refs though.
    It might not be allen, the tv cameras, all the attention was on the inbounder, nobody really 'saw' the foul.
    It was off camera.
    (refs do know the betting line most of the time)
    Even the announcers were like, "WTF?" "foul?, what foul"?

Makes no sense, who commits (if it was committed at all) that foul, with the team inbounding, down 4, when you got fouls to give, putting them on the line, stopping the clock, for a freebie point, PLUS ball back.

Beyond suspicious.

Downtown Brown
    Downtown Brown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

I agree Stevenash - it looked really fishy. Then to top it off at the end, when Pierce is dribbling out the last 3 seconds, a Buck clearly hacks at him twice, right in front of the ref. - No call. Granted - I was on the Celtics so I was watching from a biased POV but damn.

stevenash

I don't watch a lot of pro ball, well because I have a life and have to do other things, but people I know who do follow, or bet the pros tell me these types of outcomes occur three, four times a week.

Like I said in a previous post, the fan of the game that never wagered a penny doesn't notice the 2 or 3 point shavings at the end of the game that make or break one's wager, but believe me, it's a common practice.

according to SO, about 70 percent of the public was on the C's last night, in that coast to coast broadcast.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Rutger got shafted

Grandmaster B
    Retired
    Grandmaster B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    end this thread.

Bad beats happen. I'm up in the last 3 seasons playing NBA, i have don't get much more information then anyone on the forum. If you think its rigged find another sport to bet .

These threads pop up every week.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Rutger got shafted
    Pretty sure Rutgers isn't in the NBA.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Basketball is basketball, same refs same sh1tYou get the point

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    They are not, but the topic of rigged remained the same.

Watch the St. John's game, start to finish, now I'm on RU +10 for a pretty penny, so it's no biggie to me, for every three calls the Johnnies get, RU gets one.

Now, what happened at the game last night is not so much a point shaving issue as much as it is a "make sure St. John's advances into the tourney" issue.

Don't kid yourself, the BE tourney in NYC is *huge*
    It's a five day party.
    Brings in ridiculous money to NYC and the businesses surrounding the Garden.

The bars, restaurants, the Garden.... all need St. John's alive this weekend.
    Why?
    Keeps the locals spending money, with St. John's alive all weekend, everybody wins.

Nobody is spending 400 dollars for beer tickets and dinner with RU playing Saturday.
    The hoop fans with cash will spend money to watch the local NYC boys playing in the semis against a ND team on Saturday though.

Read the papers, St. John's is the NYC hoop story of the year.
    Last edited by stevenash; 03-10-11 at 06:53 AM.

First 1234