HustleGetPaid
    HustleGetPaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5089

Quote Originally Posted by asdfghasdfgh View Post
    If you think Spoelstra was to blame for that loss I don't know what to tell you.
    Not fully, but he take some of the blame. And that last play call doesn't help...

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjones55 View Post
    Spoelstra again proving how bad he is in the most crucial moments. We are down 3 with 9 seconds left LeBron, Wade, Miller and Bibby on the floor and the play is called for a Bosh 3. Unbelievable.
    the play was not called for Bosh.....he was the second option on that play. Wade was the first

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    the play was not called for Bosh.....he was the second option on that play. Wade was the first
    Why would Bosh be the 2nd option to chuck a 3?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

Why would Bosh be the 2nd option to chuck a 3?
    horribly designed play. they have done that a couple times this year with bosh at the top of the circle. he's 1/3 on those 3's in big moments i'm pretty sure. Lebron has yet to hit 1 this season. Wade hit 3 straight 3's against the bulls with under a minute left to go in the game to put them up by 1 when bosh and lebron were both out.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

horribly designed play. they have done that a couple times this year with bosh at the top of the circle. he's 1/3 on those 3's in big moments i'm pretty sure. Lebron has yet to hit 1 this season. Wade hit 3 straight 3's against the bulls with under a minute left to go in the game to put them up by 1 when bosh and lebron were both out.
    Bosh hit a big one against the wizards didnt he? When they made a big comeback late

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post

Bosh hit a big one against the wizards didnt he? When they made a big comeback late
    can't remember which team. i know he has nailed 1 from 3 though in a big moment, maybe 2. But he has attempted about 4 of them which is strange. wade proved he wanted the shot against the bulls when those 2 guys were not in. strange playcalling.

I'm interested to see how Prince James will respond tomorrow against the team that swept him years ago

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I can't believe they blew a lead like that. Good thing I had the Magic in the second half. I thought they'd bring it back close but to come back in and win was impressive.

kidkonggolf
    Update your status
    kidkonggolf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2507

I feel it was a mistake to pick up Bibby. ?

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Was just gonna say that.

A) The play wasn't called for him
    B) He has hit those shots before.

Maybe instead of blaming the coach, how about the 2 best players in the league that were like 19/20 in the 1st half with like 50 points completely disappeared for the whole 2nd half.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I say this with complete and utter confidence:

Chris Bosh is worthless to a title contender. He's much better off in the middle of nowhere putting up fake numbers that mean absolutely nothing to a team's bottom line (i.e., Toronto).

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    Was just gonna say that.

A) The play wasn't called for him
    B) He has hit those shots before.

Maybe instead of blaming the coach, how about the 2 best players in the league that were like 19/20 in the 1st half with like 50 points completely disappeared for the whole 2nd half.
    What?!?!?

kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

Ladies, don't loss your sleep over it. They have 22 games to play, still time to fix it.

Part of the Heats problems is they got no bench or just not deep enough. if you notice the big 3 each played 40 mins flat per game, they got no fresh leg down the stretch. Against losing teams they handled it well but against winning teams that very physical impose and a defensive match up will force difficult shot for sure.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by kobstopa View Post
    Ladies, don't loss your sleep over it. They have 22 games to play, still time to fix it.

Part of the Heats problems is they got no bench or just not deep enough. if you notice the big 3 each played 40 mins flat per game, they got no fresh leg down the stretch. Against losing team they handled it well but against winning team that very physical impose and a defensive match up will force difficult shot for sure.
    Who's going to fix it? Spoelstra?

This team needs a veteran coach who can play the role of babysitter, psychologist and zen master (like you know who). Then, when games are on the line, he can step in with the X's and O's.

Until that happens -- which it won't on LeBron's watch -- this team won't sniff a title. LeBron needs to decide if he wants all the glamour and attention or if he wants a ring. His priorities are screwed up, and he ain't gettin' any younger.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: tullamore21

demens
    Square -910

Fix what? I hate the Heat more then any of you but some of you are just spewing irrational shit. They have the 4th best record in the league and you're acting like they just got swept in the 1st round or something. Save the hate for when they choke in the play-offs (if they do).

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

a BIG one against WIZARDS? Am I the only one that thinks that doesn't really go together, lol. Just because the guy has done it once doesn't mean it's the right call. Hell any of us could get lucky and hit one three pointer.

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who's going to fix it? Spoelstra?

This team needs a veteran coach who can play the role of babysitter, psychologist and zen master (like you know who). Then, when games are on the line, he can step in with the X's and O's.

Until that happens -- which it won't on LeBron's watch -- this team won't sniff a title. LeBron needs to decide if he wants all the glamour and attention or if he wants a ring. His priorities are screwed up, and he ain't gettin' any younger.
    In comes Riley GUARANTEED at the end of this season.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

I'm riding Miami tomorrow ML if they're dogs at SA

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Fix what? I hate the Heat more then any of you but some of you are just spewing irrational shit. They have the 4th best record in the league and you're acting like they just got swept in the 1st round or something. Save the hate for when they choke in the play-offs (if they do).
    You think it's just a coincidence that they can't beat any of the heavy hitters in the NBA?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

In comes Riley GUARANTEED at the end of this season.
    I don't know what he's waiting for -- or why he didn't just take over in the first place.

demens
    Square -910

a BIG one against WIZARDS? Am I the only one that thinks that doesn't really go together, lol. Just because the guy has done it once doesn't mean it's the right call. Hell any of us could get lucky and hit one three pointer.
    How about doing it FOUR times THIS season? Does that make it ok.

Loss to the Clippers - hits a 3 with 12 seconds to go to cut it to a 4 point lead
    Loss to the Grizz - hits a 3 with 31 seconds to cut the lead to 2
    Loss to the Hornets - hits a 3 with 7 seconds to cut the lead to 1
    And the comeback vs the Wizards.

Still think its a bad play? I take it you dont really watch your team play all that much.

Can you go find me how many 3 pointers Lebron hit in the last 30 seconds of a close game? Wade too for that matter.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

How about doing it FOUR times THIS season? Does that make it ok.

Loss to the Clippers - hits a 3 with 12 seconds to go to cut it to a 4 point lead
    Loss to the Grizz - hits a 3 with 31 seconds to cut the lead to 2
    Loss to the Hornets - hits a 3 with 7 seconds to cut the lead to 1
    And the comeback vs the Wizards.

Still think its a bad play? I take it you dont really watch your team play all that much.

Can you go find me how many 3 pointers Lebron hit in the last 30 seconds of a close game? Wade too for that matter.
    How is "cutting into leads" the same thing as hitting a tying or winning shot?

demens
    Square -910

You think it's just a coincidence that they can't beat any of the heavy hitters in the NBA?
    I think this is a team with no bench that has played all of 50 some games together, without a healthy pre-season.

I think people are expecting miracles from them (like winning 5 championships or breaking bulls 70 game mark). If you think a team with the 4th best record has no chance at winning the title you are in major denial. I dont think they will win it this year, but i wouldn't be shocked if they do. But if they add a few good peaces they will get one eventually. Spoelstra is not the Heats problem although at the end of the day people might make him the scapegoat.

TeamTT
    TeamTT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Nice stuff sj, had the over, dam it, good luck with spurs tmrw

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I think this is a team with no bench that has played all of 50 some games together, without a healthy pre-season.

I think people are expecting miracles from them (like winning 5 championships or breaking bulls 70 game mark). If you think a team with the 4th best record has no chance at winning the title you are in major denial. I dont think they will win it this year, but i wouldn't be shocked if they do. But if they add a few good peaces they will get one eventually. Spoelstra is not the Heats problem although at the end of the day people might make him the scapegoat.
    A team with Chris Bosh as your main post threat and Erik Spoelstra as a head coach will not win the title. Period.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Spoelstra may not be the main "problem," but expecting a coach with very little sideline experience and even less experience balancing this kind of talent to just somehow magically lead a team to a championship is asinine.

That, and expecting a team with no post presence to win a title is equally asinine.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Spoelstra may not be the main "problem," but expecting a coach with very little sideline experience and even less experience balancing this kind of talent to just somehow magically lead a team to a championship is asinine.

That, and expecting a team with no post presence to win a title is equally asinine.

Especially when James and Wade are streaky shooters at best

DRZ
    Update your status
    DRZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wade needs to step up and take command of what always has been and always will be his team. He should be the guy taking the shots at the end of games. Not ******* chris bosh. Hell not even lebron. You call up a play for your 4 to shoot a 3 to tie the game?? Nice play call spo. Oh yeah, and they just blew a 24 point lead at home. Team has problems all over the place.

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12563

Super good write up man.

As long as a team does not give up, they have just as good of a chance as the team next to them. Many teams chasing the same goal, bring home the trophy. Until you are knocked out of the playoffs, you are still in the hunt.

demens
    Square -910

I dont expect them to win this year, nor do i want them to. But to think Lebron and Wade have no chance of winning a title because of Spoelstra or Bosh or Dampier...now that IS asinine. Like i said, if you can't admit to yourself just how good those 2 are then you are in denial.

Anyway, i'm not enjoying this discussion at all. I HATE the Heat yet i somehow put myself in the position that i'm defending them. So i'm done.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I dont expect them to win this year, nor do i want them to. But to think Lebron and Wade have no chance of winning a title because of Spoelstra or Bosh or Dampier...now that IS asinine. Like i said, if you can't admit to yourself just how good those 2 are then you are in denial.

Anyway, i'm not enjoying this discussion at all. I HATE the Heat yet i somehow put myself in the position that i'm defending them. So i'm done.
    Well they aren't the two best players in the league like you said earlier in this thread -- I know that much.

DRZ
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by no coincidences View Post
    i say this with complete and utter confidence:

Chris bosh is worthless to a title contender. He's much better off in the middle of nowhere putting up fake numbers that mean absolutely nothing to a team's bottom line (i.e., toronto).
    agreed.

I forget the exact stats on bosh but weren't they like 3 playoff wins and 5 lotteries during his time in toronto. He's a nice player, but was absolutely lucky to be a free agent when he was. He is nowhere near the level that everyone projects him at as a max guy. Games against boston and chicago prime examples.

DRZ
    Update your status

i dont expect them to win this year, nor do i want them to. But to think lebron and wade have no chance of winning a title because of spoelstra or bosh or dampier...now that is asinine. Like i said, if you can't admit to yourself just how good those 2 are then you are in denial.

Anyway, i'm not enjoying this discussion at all. I hate the heat yet i somehow put myself in the position that i'm defending them. So i'm done.
    their problem isn't that they have 2 of the best 5 guys in the nba its that they have no one around them. Their bench is actrocious.

I'll guarantee rumors of trading bosh will swirl in the offseason if the heat are bounced early in the playoffs.

solid152
    solid152's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

The Heat wasted their year 1 having Spoelstra. What a joke he is. The offensive game plan is attrocious and has been all year

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by DRZ View Post
    agreed.

I forget the exact stats on bosh but weren't they like 3 playoff wins and 5 lotteries during his time in toronto. He's a nice player, but was absolutely lucky to be a free agent when he was. He is nowhere near the level that everyone projects him at as a max guy. Games against boston and chicago prime examples.
    Sure he is. There are like 7 or 8 maybe even less players in the league that "deserve" max contracts. You think just 8 have them? Nope, 15-20 guys have max deals.

Does Joe Johnson project as a max guy?
    Does Kenyon Martin project as a max guy?
    Does Rashard Lewis?
    Does VInce Carter?

Thats just off the top of my head.

They all got max deals in their time too. Bosh is no different.

whadeeb
    whadeeb's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Heat are a year away from really contending

First 123 Last