HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Kenyon Martin is the leader of the Thuggets.

Dependable vet, that has played deep into the playoffs many times. Including two Finals appearances.

Every team needs veteran leadership, from a guy who isn't scared to tell teammates to how to win.

Thuggets are not a Championship team, but they will not fall off as they make a push into the playoffs.

He is a winner, that gets taken for granted. He is truly underrated.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Just needs to hit his FTs now

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Just needs to hit his FTs now
    never will.

dngf
    Update your status
    dngf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 85296

I like the way he has been playing the last three games since the trade.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

I agree but he needs to stop taking 17-footers. Even my Shaq can shoot those better than him.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

He didn't go to b2b NBA finals by luck.

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

im starting to love this Nuggets team...definitely better w/o Melo..

Foals
    Foals's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

Nuggets are way better without Melo.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    He didn't go to b2b NBA finals by luck.
    Jason Kidd goes by the name of luck mow.

ParlayJunkie
    ParlayJunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

The lips tattoo on his neck make me think otherwise.

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Melo didn't belong in Denver. You can see that now, he wasn't happy and neither were his teammates.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Kmart was the leader of that Nets team along with Kidd, and that was only his 2nd and 3rd years in the league iirc.

Too bad he can never get healthy and his game really hasn't developed at all since then. I really thought he'd win a DOY at some point, but always being hurt stopped that too.

BayArea888
    BayArea888's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5860

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayJunkie View Post
    The lips tattoo on his neck make me think otherwise.
    i second that.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Jason Kidd goes by the name of luck now.
    haha, yes bernie...how soon we forget that kenyon martin didn't lead that nets team. it was a coming out party of sorts, but k-mart is not a leader. a leader must have poise under pressure, and k-mart doesn't have it. a leader needs to not be a total thug dickhead, and k-mart is that.

if kenyon martin is your leader, pack a bag. felton needs to evolve into the true leader of this team and galinari needs to live up to his potential and they're going to have something really, really special in denver.

PlatinumBerg
    PlatinumBerg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

Carmelo isn't going to win a ring. He is a bad team basketball player, just scores a lot.

kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

with the way they played; the hybrid rotations, they have the coach who have been to the final. I think they look more like 96 Seattle Supersonic & "2004 pistons - Shocked the world" roll into one. Until they reach the 2nd round people are just not believing it yet.

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by kobstopa View Post
    with the way they played; the hybrid rotations, they have the coach who have been to the final. I think they look more like 96 Seattle Supersonic & "2004 pistons - Shocked the world" roll into one. Until they reach the 2nd round people are just not believing it yet.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    haha, yes bernie...how soon we forget that kenyon martin didn't lead that nets team. it was a coming out party of sorts, but k-mart is not a leader. a leader must have poise under pressure, and k-mart doesn't have it. a leader needs to not be a total thug dickhead, and k-mart is that. if kenyon martin is your leader, pack a bag. felton needs to evolve into the true leader of this team and galinari needs to live up to his potential and they're going to have something really, really special in denver.
    Whats makes him a thug?

His multiple arrests, continually being late to practices, multiple technical fouls throughout a season, or maybe its him being reprimanded by Stern for smoking weed and getting into fights during games.

Hopefully my sarcasm is seeping through my computer screen, and you understand K-Mart has never had a problem with anything of that sort throughout his career.

If people are still judging others b/c of their appearance, then they are stuck in the 19th Century. Kenyon is from the crappiest part of Dallas, "Oak Cliff", its the oldest ghetto in Texas. His tat's, and demeanor may reveal that to you in a manner that may not be well received. Those things dont make him a thug though. Thugs sell drugs, rob, steal, and resort to violence when cornered. Kenyon has no criminal record, is married to the mother of his kids, and has never had any problems with coaches or commissioners of the like.

My comment, and feelings about Kenyon being the leader of the Thuggets(a term I use for comedic purposes) stems from an article I read. It stated that Kenyon had been thought of as the leader of the team for the last 2 years, and nobody looked at Carmelo in that light.

Thugs dont have 10+ year careers in pro sports, while consistently winning games and teammates admiration.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

redrum
    Update your status
    redrum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

They r playing great team ball; u have to like how they r playing with out a superstar

hothandsmgee
    hothandsmgee's Avatar Become A Pro!

waste of a number one pick

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i'm pumped someone can beat the damn lakers, nba was about to be boring as fuk

Holdin Aces
    Holdin Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

I have always been a fan of Kenyon and if it wasn't for injuries who knows how good he could of been. I know one thing that would of happened, Cincy would of won the National Title the year he broke his leg in the first game of the conference tournament.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by hothandsmgee View Post
    waste of a number one pick
    We'll how many of the last 10 overall number 1 draft picks even gone to a NBA Final. Lebron James and Howard went once, while Kenyon has two
    Last edited by frostno98; 04-04-11 at 04:24 PM.

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

How the heck is he a thug? He went to college!!! He went to college and got a degree!!! In CRIMINAL justice!!! He ain't no thug!

Sarcasm guys.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Whats makes him a thug?

His multiple arrests, continually being late to practices, multiple technical fouls throughout a season, or maybe its him being reprimanded by Stern for smoking weed and getting into fights during games.

Hopefully my sarcasm is seeping through my computer screen, and you understand K-Mart has never had a problem with anything of that sort throughout his career.

If people are still judging others b/c of their appearance, then they are stuck in the 19th Century. Kenyon is from the crappiest part of Dallas, "Oak Cliff", its the oldest ghetto in Texas. His tat's, and demeanor may reveal that to you in a manner that may not be well received. Those things dont make him a thug though. Thugs sell drugs, rob, steal, and resort to violence when cornered. Kenyon has no criminal record, is married to the mother of his kids, and has never had any problems with coaches or commissioners of the like.

My comment, and feelings about Kenyon being the leader of the Thuggets(a term I use for comedic purposes) stems from an article I read. It stated that Kenyon had been thought of as the leader of the team for the last 2 years, and nobody looked at Carmelo in that light.

Thugs dont have 10+ year careers in pro sports, while consistently winning games and teammates admiration.
    sorry bro, i just meant that's how he carries himself. not a lot of guys i would say that about, and i think this might have been the straw that broke the camel's back from you the way you responded.

panik
    panik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3139

Better leader than Carmelo me thinkl

Lint Pockets
    Lint Pockets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

i think the nuggets are twice as better without carmelo the guy is just overrated

branrave
    branrave's Avatar Become A Pro!

they play well as a team without a true "leader"