icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Is this the best time to buy futures on the Heat?

I'm not much of a basketball capper, but I'm seeing so many LBJ/Heat hate threads lately that I have to assume that public support for the Miami Heat is at a nadir.

Buy low, sell high?

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Going to be hard getting through the playoffs without a true center. They should use Lebron there.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

If you are deadset on buying futures for the Heat, wait til after their next 3 games. They are 1-7 against top teams, and face San Antonio, Orlando (I think), and Chicago. This is after facing Chicago and New York back to back. I think they will be incredibly lucky to win 2 of these, based on their confidence level now and their performances against top teams. Should get better odds after this stretch, assuming they lose 2 or all 3

That being said, I think Heat futures are a waste. If you like them though, go for it

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

perfect time, public being swayed so easily after 1 game, this team in a best of 7 will exploit ur weakness in game 2 or 3. nobody can beat the heat, if u think they can then ur a no ball bitch.

mark my moutherfuking words.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    perfect time, public being swayed so easily after 1 game, this team in a best of 7 will exploit ur weakness in game 2 or 3. nobody can beat the heat, if u think they can then ur a no ball bitch.

mark my moutherfuking words.
    1 game?

I think it has more to do with the 0-7 season record against Celts/Bulls/Mavs, the realization that they have no big man or PG, that Coach Spo can't draw up effective plays late, and that Lebron can't be trusted to hit a game-winner (yet, at least).

I think the Heat will be lucky to get past Game 5 or 6 of the 2nd round

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I'm telling you when they get Haslem back they are the team to beat for the championship. Wade is a beast in the playoffs. When the playoffs start this team will turn into an unbeatable force. They are the number 1 defensive team in just about every category. Number 2 FG% offense. Its them or the Lakers flip a coin. Lakers have the advantage of big men thats it. Artest can only guard Lebron. Kobe cannot hang with Wade at all.

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

The best time was the week before they signed Lebron and Bosh. Now I think they are the fav all over the place and I aint got the funds to have +125 pick sit idle for the next couple of months when I can bet that money today. Lines are not up @ 5Dimes at the moment or I would have posted them but I think Heat are Fav to win it all last I checked couple days ago

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

u dont need a big man to win when u have three top 10 players and esp when bron is the best in the game. the only team im worried is about the celtics too much experience on that squad other then that clear path.

icancount2one

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    If you are deadset on buying futures for the Heat, wait til after their next 3 games. They are 1-7 against top teams, and face San Antonio, Orlando (I think), and Chicago. This is after facing Chicago and New York back to back. I think they will be incredibly lucky to win 2 of these, based on their confidence level now and their performances against top teams. Should get better odds after this stretch, assuming they lose 2 or all 3

That being said, I think Heat futures are a waste. If you like them though, go for it
    What if they get hot and do well in those games?

Quote Originally Posted by StraitShooter View Post
    The best time was the week before they signed Lebron and Bosh. Now I think they are the fav all over the place and I aint got the funds to have +125 pick sit idle for the next couple of months when I can bet that money today. Lines are not up @ 5Dimes at the moment or I would have posted them but I think Heat are Fav to win it all last I checked couple days ago
    it can't be +125 at this point.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Probably about the right time, yes.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    What if they get hot and do well in those games?
    That's a definite possibility. Maybe use half of what you were going to bet on the future now, and the other half after this stretch?

icancount2one

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post

That's a definite possibility. Maybe use half of what you were going to bet on the future now, and the other half after this stretch?
    I was just thinking a really small bet, then sell it when they get to the conf. finals.

peacebyinches
    pull the trigger
    peacebyinches's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7802

sigh, the heat will win it all. take the odds RIGHT NOW just do it. they are to good to lose any playoff series JUST PULL THE TRIGGER they are too good...........................

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    I'm telling you when they get Haslem back they are the team to beat for the championship. Wade is a beast in the playoffs. When the playoffs start this team will turn into an unbeatable force. They are the number 1 defensive team in just about every category. Number 2 FG% offense. Its them or the Lakers flip a coin. Lakers have the advantage of big men thats it. Artest can only guard Lebron. Kobe cannot hang with Wade at all.
    Game, set, match.

Haslem has pushed them over the edge.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Good call.