BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Ray Allen After "Power Forward" Jeff Green Hoists Another Costly 3 Pointer

Im still made at this trade. Jeff will no doubt shoot them out of contention.

squid44
    squid44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

hahah hilarious look on his face

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Its hilarious that so many "experts" are jumping on some Perkins nuts after this trade. Did anyone hear what Doc Rivers said yesteday? Their championship year, their best line up had Posey at PF with KG at the 5. Jeff Green>Posey. Jeff Green>Perkins. Boston will add some size by picking up one of these guys getting waved.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    Its hilarious that so many "experts" are jumping on some Perkins nuts after this trade. Did anyone hear what Doc Rivers said yesteday? Their championship year, their best line up had Posey at PF with KG at the 5. Jeff Green>Posey. Jeff Green>Perkins. Boston will add some size by picking up one of these guys getting waved.
    Jeff Green aint greater than Perkins and Posey shoots threes and plays defense better than Green no? Posey at PF stretched the floor and forced a matchup problem where he could drive if the other team's four came out on him. Dont get me wrong I like Green but for the Celtics Perkins is a better fit albeit if he is healthy.

talnted
    talnted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

where is my badge

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Jeff Green aint greater than Perkins and Posey shoots threes and plays defense better than Green no? Posey at PF stretched the floor and forced a matchup problem where he could drive if the other team's four came out on him. Dont get me wrong I like Green but for the Celtics Perkins is a better fit albeit if he is healthy.
    And Jeff Green does what, walks around the court with his thumb up his ass? He is a good defender too btw. Celtic team defense makes Ray Allen look like an all-nba defender, Jeff Green will be huge for them.

TrapperDapper
    TrapperDapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

And Jeff Green does what, walks around the court with his thumb up his ass? He is a good defender too btw. Celtic team defense makes Ray Allen look like an all-nba defender, Jeff Green will be huge for them.
    He is a really good defender. Garnett is enough of a rim protector for Perkins loss to not be a factor. I look for Green to be playing late game defense against Bosh, Boozer, or the Magic's power forward who is trying to stretch the floor and allow KG to play against Howard, Noah, and the nobody from Miami. How is this a bad trade for the Celtics. They got a 24 old possible star if he wasn't behind Durant and Westbrook. They dumped Nate Robinson who was a team killer, and they got a first round pick.

TrapperDapper
    TrapperDapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

Greg Oden is also the best rim protector in the league when he is healthy.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

If he buys in then yes, IMO he has too or he wont be on the court as often as he'd like. But I cant see Doc stomaching the amount of 3's Green was used to taking when with the Thunder. Green shot almost 4 three's a game for the Thunder, that wont happen on the Celts.

demens
    Square -910

If he buys in then yes, IMO he has too or he wont be on the court as often as he'd like. But I cant see Doc stomaching the amount of 3's Green was used to taking when with the Thunder. Green shot almost 4 three's a game for the Thunder, that wont happen on the Celts.
    Everyone that goes to the Celtics "buys-in", its just the atmosphere the 3 vets create along with young Rondo being the teams leader and Doc as the delicate overseer that rarely intervenes. Something special about that team imo. If Nate Robinson bought in, and attention craving ego maniac Shaq bought in, i think humble Jeff Green is not buy in too.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

So Green I'd going from starter to coming off the bench, wonder if he minds that.

tunaguitar76
    tunaguitar76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 895

of course he probably minds that but, it's for the greater good type of thing

Broken-Ear Glen
    Broken-Ear Glen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well it's not like PP, Allen and Garnett are as good as they were back in 07 and their scheme has changed. Doc says they want to spread the floor but they can't do it like they used to. If this was 3 years ago then yeah good trade. Today, no.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

So Green I'd going from starter to coming off the bench, wonder if he minds that.
    I'm sure he'll view it as a great learning opportunity. How often do you get to be a rotating backup for 3 Hall of Famers, including 1 of the best shooters of all time and 1 of the greatest Celtics of all time? Green seems like a smart kid. He'll get lots of minutes too, because Doc will want to lessen the Big 3s minutes a little during this stretch to keep them rested for the playoffs. Rested big 3 + a rested Shaq should be deadly in the playoffs

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    I'm sure he'll view it as a great learning opportunity. How often do you get to be a rotating backup for 3 Hall of Famers, including 1 of the best shooters of all time and 1 of the greatest Celtics of all time? Green seems like a smart kid. He'll get lots of minutes too, because Doc will want to lessen the Big 3s minutes a little during this stretch to keep them rested for the playoffs. Rested big 3 + a rested Shaq should be deadly in the playoffs
    But the thing is that Green was looking for a big contract this offseason so either he wont be with Celts next year cuz I don't see them giving him that and I don't Derrick him being the piece to a title for them either without Perkins.

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by Broken-Ear Glen View Post
    Well it's not like PP, Allen and Garnett are as good as they were back in 07 and their scheme has changed. Doc says they want to spread the floor but they can't do it like they used to. If this was 3 years ago then yeah good trade. Today, no.
    Why cant they spread the floor? Did Ray Allen and PP forget how to shoot? Last time i checked Ray was having one of if not the best shooting year in his career.

Broken-Ear Glen
    Broken-Ear Glen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why cant they spread the floor? Did Ray Allen and PP forget how to shoot? Last time i checked Ray was having one of if not the best shooting year in his career.
    So are Pierce and Garnett right? No.

Eating Bookies
    Useful idiot
    Eating Bookies's Avatar Become A Pro!

But the thing is that Green was looking for a big contract this offseason so either he wont be with Celts next year cuz I don't see them giving him that and I don't Derrick him being the piece to a title for them either without Perkins.
    How much do you think Green is looking for? The Celtics saved up about 12 million after trading away Robinson, Perkins, Daniels, Erden, Harangody.

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by Broken-Ear Glen View Post
    So are Pierce and Garnett right? No.

Actually,
    KG is shooting 52% which is 2% higher then his career average.
    PP is shooting 50% which is....wait for it....A CAREER HIGH...ohh and 39% from 3 which is 2% higher the his career average.

How does your foot taste?

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by Eating Bookies View Post
    How much do you think Green is looking for? The Celtics saved up about 12 million after trading away Robinson, Perkins, Daniels, Erden, Harangody.
    What they saved doesn't matter since they are over the cap anyway. I know Green rejected whatever ext Thunder was offering him. Might be wanting to get something over 5/55 but at the end of the day new CBA will dictate what he gets more then what he wants. Plus he is restrict so Celts can match whatever he gets.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

I would think he wants a long term big contract

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

I would think he wants a long term big contract.