slimpickins
    slimpickins's Avatar Become A Pro!

tough loss ; seems crazy to me to play $250 parlays of so many games.
    But good luck ; hope you hit one soon

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Didnt lose my shirt it was 250 dollars. Thanks though. You stick to the way you want to bet and ill stick to the way i want to bet. If i bet all those games straight up i wouldnt have the opportunity to make that much. I like taking the risk, yes it burns a little this week because ive been missing parlays left and right by one but thats why parlays are nice because you dont lose your shirt on one bet like you can doing single bets. Im not really into sports betting to grind it out day after day after day, it makes it not as much fun. It would just feel like poker to me if i did that. Thanks again for your valuable take though
    Not trying to hijack your thread because you started it but the risk is not worth the reward. Your assumption about betting the games straight up doesn't afford the same opportunity is flawed. If you won 7 straight games doubling up each time you would have won $22,000+ Might be hard to find a book to take a 10 grand bet and I'm not using ML true odds but parlays aren't the end all be all.

$250 ---> 475, 900, 1710, 3250, 6175, 11800, 22500

The true odds of hitting a 9 team parlay are like 511 to 1, I think so you might be better off playing lotto. Just my take.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    u shuda realized it was a TNT game
    crazy shit happens on tnt

if you bet a thursday night nba game you should go against logic or expect to lose your money.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

What Book are you using?

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Last edited by goduke; 02-25-11 at 04:34 PM.

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Not trying to hijack your thread because you started it but the risk is not worth the reward. Your assumption about betting the games straight up doesn't afford the same opportunity is flawed. If you won 7 straight games doubling up each time you would have won $22,000+ Might be hard to find a book to take a 10 grand bet and I'm not using ML true odds but parlays aren't the end all be all. $250 ---> 475, 900, 1710, 3250, 6175, 11800, 22500 The true odds of hitting a 9 team parlay are like 511 to 1, I think so you might be better off playing lotto. Just my take.
    I disagree with the lotto comment. 511-1 odds are better then what it is for the lotto. I agree that they are hard to hit, just not impossible. I would have to have a crazy bankroll to put down $250 on a parlay. I love big parlays, you can make good money with a small bet. I did my best when betting parlays. I lost more then I won but I had some nice ones. I won a 6 game and a 8 game parlay on the same day about 4 years ago. I wish I had $250 on each of those, I would have had $58000.

I need to play them a bit more. What I like doing is making a single bet and having a parlay for a much smaller amount then the single. It pays for the parlay and profit if it wins.

James

Flexin

Did you ever think of betting round robins? If your losing by one game a lot then this would work pretty good for you. I had some nice hits with them before.

James

Vegas Finance
    Vegas Finance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

wow tough loss bro.. but you shouldnt play such large parlays with hundreds bro.. 16,000 is a ******* pay out and a half.. do $25 to win 1600 which is still not bad. some people dont make 250 a week lol

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

no matter how my last team may seem to be a sure lock, i ALWAYS HEDGE.. GUARANTEED MONEY...

Flexin

Quote Originally Posted by drfunkmaster View Post
    no matter how my last team may seem to be a sure lock, i ALWAYS HEDGE.. GUARANTEED MONEY...
    This is something I always look to do now. If I'm down to one game I'm hedging. The only way to do this is to make sure the second last game will be finished before that last game. I almost hedged a game a month or so ago because I thought I was down to one game. Just before I made the bet I decided to double check the second last game. The damn thing wasn't finished. I don't know why I thought it was finished. Turns out my last game was right and the second last one screwed me.

James

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

i have lost 17 parlays in a row by just one team in each one.

how horrific is that

JBT
    Square as a triangle
    JBT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31048

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    i have lost 17 parlays in a row by just one team in each one.

how horrific is that
    So why not play them as singles if your percentage is this high? Or are they all huge favorites?

Flexin

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    i have lost 17 parlays in a row by just one team in each one. how horrific is that
    How many games in you parlays? You would have been doing pretty good with round robins.

James

First 12