tullamore21
    Update your status
    tullamore21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3213

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    After the game of course right? And you on the right side of course right? And for over 5K right?
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaa aaaa

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

They actually play defense now. Anthony is extremely overrated. You cannot mention him along with Kobe and Lebron because those guys can actually play defense, at least when they want to.

NY is going to be very average.

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Umm... The nuggets beat a non-focus boston squad and suddenly they are better without Melo... Reminds me of the Cavs beating Boston after they humbled Miami... Judging by this logic, I'll bet this is how most bettors select their picks: use a 2 game sample and go big. No wonder most of you guys lose money...

P.S. Until this team can get to the Western Conference Finals, they will NEVER be better without Melo!!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I just think Knicks will be a good team with Anthony but never a great team

He does not do enough on all ends of the court to change a game that much

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Nuggets aren't bad without Melo. I'm telling you they have pieces to give fits to the elite of the West.

cockblocker
    cockblocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

New look Denver is basically Houston without the suck, but with more tattoos and attitude.

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

george karl is a great coach and now that there are no egos left on the team he can have full reign!

FR3SH like UgHH
    FR3SH like UgHH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1194

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    After the game of course right? And you on the right side of course right? And for over 5K right?
    no ngates, i will post it in the nba forum....just like i did for my college pick yesterday in ncaab forum about 6 hrs b4 the game with a write up pal....

thanks for the hate tho....love it buddy

chelle0113
    chelle0113's Avatar Become A Pro!

they are lookin very good!

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

that was a seriously good game last night

Broken-Ear Glen
    Broken-Ear Glen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Nuggets aren't bad without Melo. I'm telling you they have pieces to give fits to the elite of the West.
    Totally agree. This team will be very fun to watch down the stretch.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

"They beat a Celtics team that has a weak bench and just lost perkins"

Dumb quote. Perkins has already been hurt prior and they were playing without him the bulk of the season. Daniels who they traded is out for the year. Harangody and Robinson have been decent but not much of a loss. They had 4 guys left on the bench, I agree as this is not enough but they are 4 allstars with Davis a potential 5th. Denver is legitimate, the only concern is they are young and JR Smith may try to be the main ego on the team. He is a very outspoken player and could see some tension

blueghost
    blueghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

will take them as long as their getting points

tat1980
    tat1980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 270

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I just think Knicks will be a good team with Anthony but never a great team

He does not do enough on all ends of the court to change a game that much
    C. Paul said at Melo's wedding he wanted to join forces with Melo and buils a 3 superstar team like the heat. When Paul gets to NYC next yr the Knicks will be tough.

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL Only an idiot would make this statement. Hell no they arent better u idiot!!

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by tat1980 View Post
    C. Paul said at Melo's wedding he wanted to join forces with Melo and buils a 3 superstar team like the heat. When Paul gets to NYC next yr the Knicks will be tough.
    Chris Pauls barbers 3rd cousins ex girlfiends 3rd best friend told me at a diner the other day that that was before Knicks went out and gave out 20M deals to 2 mediocre superstars. Too bad, nice idea but its not possible.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

It's too early to tell just yet but the truth is Denver was never going to win ANYTHING with Carmello anyways. He is absent the qualities of a champion and that is something that a teams primary "mover" has to have. I did like the way that Denver was moving the ball at times as opposed to when it would stick with Carmello. Denver has some pieces that can cause problems for teams but in the end that group don't have it either. So all in all Denver wins though because they reduce salary and get draft picks for the future with a team that more than likely is just as competent or has just as good of chance as winning in the playoffs as Carmello Anthony's team. Remember, that Carmello Anthony led teams made it out of the 1R of the playoffs only once.

forloveofthegame
    forloveofthegame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

Thought this was common sense..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    It's too early to tell just yet but the truth is Denver was never going to win ANYTHING with Carmello anyways. He is absent the qualities of a champion and that is something that a teams primary "mover" has to have. I did like the way that Denver was moving the ball at times as opposed to when it would stick with Carmello. Denver has some pieces that can cause problems for teams but in the end that group don't have it either. So all in all Denver wins though because they reduce salary and get draft picks for the future with a team that more than likely is just as competent or has just as good of chance as winning in the playoffs as Carmello Anthony's team. Remember, that Carmello Anthony led teams made it out of the 1R of the playoffs only once.

That was a high quality post and dead on

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

They might not be better, but all that uncertainty and distractions that they played with all year is now gone. Now they can just focus on playing rather than on who's going where.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Lol they haven't played anybody yet

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by CHAZ View Post
    Lol they haven't played anybody yet

No, just 2 quality over 500 teams. 1 of which happens to be one of NBAs top 5. Ohh yeah, former NBAs mvp Kedrick Perkins was out so it doesn't count, i forgot.

Its none thing to have a knee jerk overreaction to the 2 wins, but to act like they just beat the Wizards and the Cavs is something else.

blackbart
    blackbart's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20649

PLAYOFFS ??????
    and
    the Celtics are old

Bradyd

That may be true, but a Melo led team also was 2 wins away from the NBA Finals. I'm not a fortune teller, but my crystal ball tells me that Denver won't be achieving that with this team and just draft picks....

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by Bradyd View Post
    That may be true, but a Melo led team also was 2 wins away from the NBA Finals. I'm not a fortune teller, but my crystal ball tells me that Denver won't be achieving that with this team and just draft picks....

And your point is? Do you know how many points Denver was beat by in game 6 on there home court? Try 26 pts. Truth is Denver was not going to win anything with Mello anyways. He wanted out of Denver and Denver needed to get somethng for him which they did. Advantage Denver.

If Carmello really cared about "winning" as he said he would have stayed in Denver. Denver was willing to spend the money and do what it took and K-mart and JR Smith Contract will be coming off the books after next season. Denver was in good posistion to make a strong run in 2-3 yrs.

Carmello is no closer to winning a championship in NY right now. NY will need to add to that team significantly to challenge for a championship.

Bradyd

And your point is? Do you know how many points Denver was beat by in game 6 on there home court? Try 26 pts. Truth is Denver was not going to win anything with Mello anyways. He wanted out of Denver and Denver needed to get somethng for him which they did. Advantage Denver.

If Carmello really cared about "winning" as he said he would have stayed in Denver. Denver was willing to spend the money and do what it took and K-mart and JR Smith Contract will be coming off the books after next season. Denver was in good posistion to make a strong run in 2-3 yrs.

Carmello is no closer to winning a championship in NY right now. NY will need to add to that team significantly to challenge for a championship.
    My point is to counter your point of Melo only getting out of the first round once. Well, guess what he did lead his team to the WCF so you might want to slow your brakes when bashing him from that angle. And so what if his team lost by 26 points? Lakers had one of the most lopsided, if not the most lopsided losses in finals history. Look at them now!! You can't judge a book by it's cover and you certainly can't judge a team by 1 bad game.

Denver did not get an advantage by trading Melo. There was no upside in doing that. All they did was limit the damage. Trading away a player like Melo is something no GM wants to do, but he had no choice. Advantage: Certainly not Denver

Melo obviously had other reasons for go to NY. Everything in the NBA isn't about winning. Frankly every player and every owner comes across like winning is the only thing that matters, but in reality making money matters a heck of a lot more. Melo wanted a bigger market, another star, and hopefully more opportunities. Nothing wrong with that. And Denver isn't going anywhere without a superstar. Seeing how I don't know of a current superstar with their eyes set on Denver, and the unlikely hood of them actually finding the next franchise player in the draft, they have a huge uphill battle....This is a superstar league, without one you pretty much don't have a chance..

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

If Karl can get them to keep playing D, then maybe.

cockblocker
    cockblocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Still looking good. 8 players with double figures, K-Mart with 9 and Gallinari is still out.
    Last edited by cockblocker; 03-12-11 at 10:06 PM.

First 12